Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

MD 5/16 spacer + MREV2 vs. Kinetix Plenum + MREV2???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-17-2012, 05:12 PM
Received 224 Likes on 141 Posts
it doesn't make sense to bump 3 threads to ask the same questions. Why didn't you simply start a new thread?

To answer your questions, If you have non-revup, spacer is all you need. I'm not sure if you'll see a compounding effect by throwing the kinetix on top.

Old 10-17-2012, 09:22 PM
Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts
I think the Kenetix is supposed to do the same as a spacer, though i don't believe it really benefits it any more.

I went with the MREV2 and the spacer on the same engine as yours, however, the gains of the MREV2 weren't as much as they'd be on a newer engine.

Old 10-19-2012, 09:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry if this is another dumb question, but im newb, however ive done some research.
Going in within the week : jwt pop, ztube, 5/16+ copper iso, hiflow cats and hr y pipe. Also stillen sways but thats not the issue
Do i need a retune/ protune to make all these mods work together?
03 sedan
I read some guys talking about osirus, others talking about mrev, im just lost as there is no definitive 'yes you need this' answer
I dont want the motor to lean out and cook a valve, and i dont want to do this wrong.
Will a simple 12hr disconnect recalibrate the computer or is there a plug and
Play tuner available?
The closest dyno is 300km away and theyre charging 1100 bucks...
Help much?

Last edited by Rillist; 10-19-2012 at 09:46 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 10-19-2012, 10:15 PM
Originally Posted by Rillist
Sorry if this is another dumb question, but im newb, however ive done some research.
Going in within the week : jwt pop, ztube, 5/16+ copper iso, hiflow cats and hr y pipe. Also stillen sways but thats not the issue
Do i need a retune/ protune to make all these mods work together?
03 sedan
Yes, ideally, i hope you only want the pop charger for the sound, because other than that, the only other thing it does, is lean out the mixture. Ideally, you want the tune anyway, it always goes well on these cars
PS, the hr y-pipe, it's only worth it if you spent next to nothing getting it.

I read some guys talking about osirus, others talking about mrev, im just lost as there is no definitive 'yes you need this' answer
I dont want the motor to lean out and cook a valve, and i dont want to do this wrong.
Osirus is the most current factory tuning setup, made by UpRev, it's pretty good. Unless you're pushing it really hard everywhere, i don't think you'll cook a valve, but the tune is a good idea. It will take care of the lean fuelling on full throttle. As yours is an '03, pre wide-band sensors, your off-throttle fuelling will stand to gain as well.

Will a simple 12hr disconnect recalibrate the computer or is there a plug and
Play tuner available?
No, it will still try and set the fuelling back to the factory fuel tables.
The plug and play tuner would be the Osirus.

The closest dyno is 300km away and theyre charging 1100 bucks...
Help much?

That sounds like a bum deal IIRC, have you called UpRev and asked them who tunes in your area?

http://www.uprev.com

Old 10-19-2012, 10:26 PM
Originally Posted by MaDMaXX
Yes, ideally, i hope you only want the pop charger for the sound, because other than that, the only other thing it does, is lean out the mixture. Ideally, you want the tune anyway, it always goes well on these cars
PS, the hr y-pipe, it's only worth it if you spent next to nothing getting it.

Osirus is the most current factory tuning setup, made by UpRev, it's pretty good. Unless you're pushing it really hard everywhere, i don't think you'll cook a valve, but the tune is a good idea. It will take care of the lean fuelling on full throttle. As yours is an '03, pre wide-band sensors, your off-throttle fuelling will stand to gain as well.

No, it will still try and set the fuelling back to the factory fuel tables.
The plug and play tuner would be the Osirus.

That sounds like a bum deal IIRC, have you called UpRev and asked them who tunes in your area?

http://www.uprev.com
So if i dont want to spend on the tune, ztube with stock aurbox? Spacer and the exhaust are still ok? And no, im getting all the parts used, poor guy wrecked and fire sold all hid parts to me, but he didnt ever get a tune, i specifically asked him. Theres a cobb tuner in my town, are they alright or should i just order the osirus myself?

Old 10-19-2012, 10:48 PM
You do want a tune.

I personally wouldn't bother with the pop charger, it's just noise and doesn't add power. However, *DO* get a z-tube from a 350, that's worth it and will give you more induction noise.

Spacer is great, you'll immediately notice that difference.

HR Y-pipe is fine, it *is* technically an upgrade, best is obviously MD's XYZ pipe though.

Cobb used to do the 350, but they stopped when the 370 came out, so they're not bad, but i would personally use UpRev.

Old 08-10-2018, 02:10 AM
Originally Posted by seymore4
I can set you up with an Osiris setup for a gooood price if you want
hey I would be interested in an osiris tune for my 05 get what would i need? I was gonna add cold sir intake. Coilover, mrev2 & 5/16 spacer

Old 08-10-2018, 06:59 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Shoot seymore4 a PM, he's the real deal on here with the Osiris hook up. He'll walk you through the process but if you're going to add more mods don't get the tune until you have everything paid for and installed. If you don't have the rev-up motor (6 speed manual transmission) the MREV2 is a waste of money and so will almost all CAI's be. The Stillen is the only one out there that's worth looking at any more without going with a bigger throttle body and 3" or larger intake tube because it's shielded from the hot air in the engine bay.

The following users liked this post:
seymore4 (08-10-2018)
Old 08-10-2018, 09:37 AM
Premier Member

Received 418 Likes on 336 Posts
Originally Posted by 05Gee
hey I would be interested in an osiris tune for my 05 get what would i need? I was gonna add cold sir intake. Coilover, mrev2 & 5/16 spacer
Quote me on a 6 yr old post

I'll PM ya