G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   Intake & Exhaust (https://g35driver.com/forums/intake-exhaust-23/)
-   -   Rev-up Airbox or JWT Popcharger? (https://g35driver.com/forums/intake-exhaust/409632-rev-up-airbox-jwt-popcharger.html)

Hiro 06-17-2012 08:59 AM

Rev-up Airbox or JWT Popcharger?

Hello,

I have the DE engine on my 04 coupe. If a Z-tube were on both set-ups...which one would yield better performance gains? Thanks for your opinions.

gary c 06-17-2012 09:19 AM

djhiro, in the real world there are no gains from any intake only a sound change. Manufactures will make all kinds of claims but with our G35s they're not true. The Rev-up air box/K&N drop in filter is your best choice, Popchargers lose major HP due to their aluminum pipe design causing heat soak. (heated incoming air)
Gary

Shanes_G 06-17-2012 11:10 AM

i whouldent even go with a k&n drop in to be honest. i and running the amsoil ea filter drop in. keeps your oil cleaner.

Hiro 06-17-2012 11:31 AM

Hey guys thanks for the advice. I've got the rev-up airbox with z-tube combo. The reason I bought those two were mainly because your posts in the past Gary. I don't have the K/N filter, but I'm running an Amsoil one as now. Pretty pleased overall to say the least. Just wondering if there was any reason to change to a pop charger, but it sounds like there isn't. Will a K/N make that much of difference? Thanks.

Shanes_G 06-17-2012 11:37 AM

no. ive had both and the only thing i can say about the k&n is dirty oil.

06G35Coupe94 06-17-2012 03:22 PM

You should look into the Stillen intake.

lcysimon 06-17-2012 03:33 PM

I even feel heatsoak with my Stillen Intake -_-" in summer... Rev up is the way to go...

Shanes_G 06-17-2012 04:03 PM

arc air box is like the stock air box if you think your ballin like that.

JaE35 06-17-2012 04:25 PM

i recently made the switch from a pop charger to the rev-up box with k&n...after driving for a year with the pop charger it's really weird getting used to not having the extra sound but i got a lot of torque back without a doubt..never putting that crap on my car again

Texasscout 06-17-2012 05:22 PM

Personally, I don't think you could tell the difference from stock to either if you did a blind test, All a Ztube is good for is noise. If you just want to, I would go with the rev up box, it's a solid design and filters are much cheaper.

Shanes_G 06-17-2012 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by JaE35 (Post 6485389)
i recently made the switch from a pop charger to the rev-up box with k&n...after driving for a year with the pop charger it's really weird getting used to not having the extra sound but i got a lot of torque back without a doubt..never putting that crap on my car again

same here. its garbage.

Hiro 06-17-2012 06:23 PM

Thanks for all the responses. It looks like I'm going stay with my rev-up airbox. When I had it installed, I put the rev-up airbox, z-tube, and motordyne 5/16 plenum spacer all in at the same time. So, the difference was definately noticeable. I know the plenum spacer was the major contributor to the change, but the sound was better with the airbox and the z-tube. If anyone has any other comments feel free to contribute. I was contemplating a K/N air filter, but it sounds like the Amsoil one I'm using is just as good. Thanks.

Texasscout 06-17-2012 07:55 PM

I think you have hit on the best combo for the money. Have fun with it.

Shanes_G 06-17-2012 07:58 PM

time for art pipes :)

gary c 06-17-2012 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by djhiro (Post 6485473)
Thanks for all the responses. It looks like I'm going stay with my rev-up airbox. When I had it installed, I put the rev-up airbox, z-tube, and motordyne 5/16 plenum spacer all in at the same time. So, the difference was definitely noticeable. I know the plenum spacer was the major contributor to the change, but the sound was better with the airbox and the z-tube. If anyone has any other comments feel free to contribute. I was contemplating a K/N air filter, but it sounds like the Amsoil one I'm using is just as good. Thanks.

You've made some very good mod decisions kjhiro, I'm using AMSOIL products exclusively in SLICK from her cone filter thru the engine to the differential, you won't find better products....Gary