Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

DNA Motoring exhaust?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-14-2017, 12:23 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
DNA Motoring exhaust?

I've been looking at buying this exhaust. It has good reviews all over the internet. I was curious as to if anyone on these forums has had it and I'd like to hear their review of it.

Amazon Amazon

Also, is it safe to use a wooden construction, such as below, to jack up my vehicle?
http://www.focusst.org/forum/attachm...d-car-ramp.jpg

Thanks,
John.

Old 02-14-2017, 05:15 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
To start off on a positive note the wooden ramps are fine if made properly. In regards to the exhaust I googled it and found a ton of not so positive reviews "all over the internet". Not sure where you were looking but the recurring comments were:

--Crap shipping and packaging
--Terrible out of the box fitment. Multiple reviews stated welding was needed to achieve proper fitment
--Unbearable drone
--Loud as hell
--Less than impressive build quality

Bottom line it's just one of a multitude of HKS replicas that have flooded the market but at under $300 I can see why it's attractive to folks like you. For that price you're going to get something like this if you buy new: a cheap, Chinese knock off with crappy fitment and terrible sound. Only you can decide if it's worth it. I would never buy one, if I was in your shoes I'd be patient and look around for a good deal on a used legit system. You'll thank me down the road if you do, trust that............

Old 02-14-2017, 01:11 PM
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
I clicked your amazon link and it looks like the exhaust is "currently unavailable". Could be because I'm in Canada.

From my experience, 20' of 2.5" stainless tube bought just above cost (like a exhaust manufacture might get) is $100, a good stainless resonator and and muffler just above cost are about $100 a piece. So at the bare minimum $500 in raw material (if stainless and dual system). On top of this, a manufacture has to do r&d to make it, bend tubing, and weld the system together which are all costly process that have to be worked into the final cost. This is why cat-back exhaust cost so much. When you see a system for significantly less you can assume the materials and quality is going to be very very poor.

Btw if you're new to the site, listen to Blue Dream. He knows his stuff

Last edited by GoalieMan; 02-14-2017 at 01:16 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Blue Dream (02-16-2017)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.