Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

Any opinions on Ark Resonated High Flow Cats?

Old 07-10-2018, 08:07 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Any opinions on Ark Resonated High Flow Cats?

They're on sale, but I can't seem to find very many reviews of them - anybody have any thoughts/experiences?

I'm guessing they never sponsored anybody, so as a result, nobody ever knew about em lol.

Old 07-11-2018, 12:31 AM
Super Moderator

Received 1,016 Likes on 935 Posts
ARK's exhaust is pretty nice, not sure about the HFC>

Old 07-13-2018, 08:52 AM
Yea. I liked the way the Ark sounded, but I also heard about fitment issues, which makes me nervous about their HFCs.
Seems like they never gave out a set for promotional use, which is dumb

Old 07-13-2018, 09:48 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
They look nice but for over $600 you can do better. If you're not stuck on HFC's you can get ART pipes for less than that. And if I were in the market for a proven HFC I'd go with the Fast Intentions, they're almost $100 less than the ARK.

http://www.arkperformance.com/Nissan...c1100-0030.htm

https://www.fastintentions.com/produ...roducts_id/108

I bet you could find a used set or a vendor special somewhere and pay less than new. Whatever you do avoid the Berk HFC's, too many members here have reported the Berks failed with not a whole lot of miles on them.

Old 07-13-2018, 09:53 AM
I only want HFCs. Don't want test pipes on a daily driver and my girlfriend would hate driving with me in local philly traffic if it smelled. The reason I liked the Ark is because they're resonated. The only resonated HFCs are ARK and FI.

If I was going with non-resonated I'd probably just get Z1 or Kinetix, I just don't see why it's worth paying more than that.

Old 07-13-2018, 01:48 PM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Originally Posted by philbegas
I only want HFCs. Don't want test pipes on a daily driver and my girlfriend would hate driving with me in local philly traffic if it smelled. The reason I liked the Ark is because they're resonated. The only resonated HFCs are ARK and FI.
If I was going with non-resonated I'd probably just get Z1 or Kinetix, I just don't see why it's worth paying more than that.

Good response, ART pipes do allow a terrible smell both inside and outside your G35! I would only recommend Fast Intention resonated HFCs...but only if you have an aftermarket high flow exhaust! Factory exhaust isn't designed to handle the extra exhaust volume you get with HFC's resulting in major (drive you out of the car) rasp!
Gary

Old 07-13-2018, 01:50 PM
Originally Posted by gary c
Good response, ART pipes do allow a terrible smell both inside and outside your G35! I would only recommend Fast Intention resonated HFCs...but only if you have an aftermarket high flow exhaust! Factory exhaust isn't designed to handle the extra exhaust volume you get with HFC's resulting in major (drive you out of the car) rasp!
Gary
I just liked that the Ark are on sale right now for less than Fast Intentions, and you don't have to wait haha.

But yes, I have an Exoticspeed R1-T and resonated circuit werks y pipe