G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   Intake & Exhaust (https://g35driver.com/forums/intake-exhaust-23/)
-   -   Nismo Exhaust (https://g35driver.com/forums/intake-exhaust/58377-nismo-exhaust.html)

G35keg 06-23-2005 03:25 PM

Nismo Exhaust

I ordered a Nismo Exhaust for my G35 Sedan from bulletproof automotive several months back and it came in today, when i opened the box it was for the G35 coupe tho :(

Anyways if someone wanted the full Nismo Exhaust for the G35 coupe, they could call Bulletproof Automotive and see about making a deal for it.. Im shipping it back to them tomorrow so they should have it in a few days..

Thought i'd give a heads up, even thu can probably get the same thing using a nismo 350z exhaust with coupe pipe... but thought i'd mentiont his anyways..

1nate7 06-23-2005 06:40 PM

Does Nismo even make an exhaust for the Sedan? AFAIK, the coupe exhaust is really made for the 350Z and uses an extension.

G35keg 06-24-2005 03:49 PM

Yep they have a exhaust for the sedan, can only get it in japan tho... They also have one for the coupe... I know the 350z will fit with an extension on the G35 coupe. The one they sent me is from Nismo but it says for G35 Coupe on the outside, So Nismo does make seperate exhausts for the G35 coupe and 350z... Although they could be identical just with different ID Numbers, or there might be some slight differences between the the two.. Not sure since I don't own a coupe...

Im just bummed they sent me the coupe one instead of the sedan :(

sammy_G 06-24-2005 06:01 PM

are they gonna send you the sedan version?

do you have any pics or info? I've never seen it

JoeyG35 06-24-2005 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by G35keg
The one they sent me is from Nismo but it says for G35 Coupe on the outside, So Nismo does make seperate exhausts for the G35 coupe and 350z... Although they could be identical just with different ID Numbers, or there might be some slight differences between the the two.. Not sure since I don't own a coupe...

Interesting...

As far as I know, Nismo does not make a cat-back exhaust for the G35 coupe,
only for the 350Z. The Nismo exhaust for the 350Z can be adapted for use
on a G35 coupe with the addition of an extension pipe.

Is the marking on the outside of the box from Nismo factory, or did someone
just write "G35 coupe" with a marker or something? Do you see an extension
pipe inside as part of the package? Or is the actual piping longer from the
factory so that it fits the G35 coupe?

escobar929 06-24-2005 07:20 PM

Nismo makes one for the G sedan and one for the coupe:

http://www.japanparts.com/Pic/pic087...uffler/V35.JPG

http://www.japanparts.com/Pic/pic087.../CPV35&Z33.JPG

G35keg 06-24-2005 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by JoeyG35
Interesting...

As far as I know, Nismo does not make a cat-back exhaust for the G35 coupe,
only for the 350Z. The Nismo exhaust for the 350Z can be adapted for use
on a G35 coupe with the addition of an extension pipe.

Is the marking on the outside of the box from Nismo factory, or did someone
just write "G35 coupe" with a marker or something? Do you see an extension
pipe inside as part of the package? Or is the actual piping longer from the
factory so that it fits the G35 coupe?

It was part of the box from NISMO. It said

Type: Muffler Assembly G35C
Serial Number: ########### (dont remmber the exact number)

Came in 3 pieces, Had the pipe that went 2 into 1, then one long pipe then the muffler with dual tips... I have the Nismo Exhaust kit on my 350z roadster and they do look similar, but the pipe that comes with the coupe kit is longer.

G35keg 06-24-2005 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by sammyG350gt
are they gonna send you the sedan version?

do you have any pics or info? I've never seen it

He said that they would order me the sedan one ASAP, or they would refund my money.... Only thing that sucks is i would have to wait aonther 2-3 months to get the sedan exhaust :(

Im thinking im just going to take a refund, i've been considering the M45 anyways so maybe its a blessing in disguise as the exhaust cost me $1500.00 I can put that towards a down payment :)

GZire 06-24-2005 10:04 PM

Wow that really sucks man. The thing that really bites is if you still want the exhaust it's that wait time. That's some really crappy QC on their ordering system.

sammy_G 06-24-2005 10:19 PM

looks pretty nice. Interesting mid pipe

i dunno if i'd spend $1500 on it though... maybe if they included y pipes and headers!

Melissa 06-27-2005 05:35 PM

Hey G35keg. I'm trying to buy your exhaust from bulletproof. They are trying to find out where it's at, because they have not received it yet. Do you mind telling me how much they charged you for it, have you sent it back, and if not what state you're in? Thanks a bunch!!!

G35keg 06-27-2005 11:41 PM

Ok i found the receipt, total cost was $1596.69 plus $110 for shipping.

It's still sitting in my front office. They have yet to get back to me to tell me when there going to pick it up... Im in Palm Desert, California

Melissa 06-28-2005 12:25 PM

Thanks for your help. Hopefully I'll be the lucky one that gets it.

SI_G35Coupe 06-28-2005 12:40 PM

damn, i was just about to pick up the phone and call Bulletproof and ask about this!

NISMO system is great, you'll be very happy with it Melissa (i've heard the 350z system on a G35c, and it sounded excellent... would've bought the Z version but i didn't like the fitment)

Melissa 06-28-2005 01:02 PM

I'm really excited about it. I was hoping to have it before this car show that's being held July 4th, but it's okay if I don't. I have another one to go to on July 30th. I just started doing mods to my car about a month ago. I'm officially an addict... I can't stop!!!