Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

Intake Question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-21-2017, 11:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Intake Question

Probably a stupid question but I've done a search of the site and couldn't find my answer but I got my hands on a z tube while perusing the local scrap yard and was wondering if the z tube could be installed to the factory airbox i.e. just removing the section of ducting on the stock intake with the baffler between the filter box and the manifold and replacing with the z tube? Thanks all.

Old 03-22-2017, 12:42 AM
Super Moderator

Received 1,017 Likes on 936 Posts
Yep! Remove the hose from the bottom heading towards the engine and loosen the clamps. Install take maybe 45 minutes.

Old 03-22-2017, 02:00 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Sorry to be blunt but your searching skills suck. There are literally hundreds of posts/threads on this subject all over Driver and the internet. And Urban if it takes him longer than 10 minutes he's doing it wrong.....

Old 03-22-2017, 03:14 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Blue Dream
Sorry to be blunt but your searching skills suck. There are literally hundreds of posts/threads on this subject all over Driver and the internet. And Urban if it takes him longer than 10 minutes he's doing it wrong.....
No worries, I can handle blunt, I just typed in z tube into the search bar on here and I didn't get many hits directing me to my exact answer, actually one of the first search answers was the what did you do to your G today thread with literally 7100 replies.....and I'm quite certain the gun/ar law/ban thread wasn't going to answer it either but I appreciate the help. Thank you Urban for the answer.

Old 03-22-2017, 04:02 AM
Received 42 Likes on 40 Posts
If you need any questions about your car answerd just google it... And then make sure at the end of your google search type in g35driver at the end of it.. That should help you a tons out more... You'll be an expert in no time...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.