Notices
Interior & Exterior Exterior Modifications ; Interior Modifications ; Lighting ; Gauges and More
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Gialla front lip vs. Data Systems Vs. Oem??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-27-2004, 05:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gialla front lip vs. Data Systems Vs. Oem??

Hey guys im in the market for a front lip. im just wondering which one should i get im on a 700 doller budget to get this lip and a grill these are the estamated prices for all three
Gialla cost=$349
Data Systems=$310
Oem=$310 plus paint

thanks for your imputs

Old 10-27-2004, 07:15 PM
Re: Gialla front lip vs. Data Systems Vs. Oem??

I like the Data Systems. Makes the front end look very nice and aggressive. I have the OEM lip. LOL If I new what I was going to do the car as far as mods at this point, I would have got the Data Systems. But the OEM lip is pre-painted which is a plus. But if you were going to get sideskirts or anything aftermarket that needs painting, I'd consider the Data Systems.

Old 10-27-2004, 08:32 PM

i was all set to order an OEM lip for $300, then i found the Data Systems one. IMO it make the front end of the car look very aggressive. it is similar to the OEM one but alittle more edgy, which i like. i also discussed it with a member who has it and he said it does not lower the front of the car

(swiped pics of Rspec and kyeguy82's rides to show it, sorry)

what color is your G, b/c i can try to make you up a photoshop of how it will look... it wont be exact but it would be a good approximation

Old 10-28-2004, 12:40 AM

what do you guys think about the Veilside? looks more aggressive than all but will it lower the front versus the sides if i only have the stock plash guards? where could i get the best deal on the data systems lip? thanks RX

Clear markers w/ hid bulbs, Sprint springs, B&B Exhaust,JL Audio Hifonics combo.

Old 10-28-2004, 02:00 AM

IIRC i think the veilside looks alot like the Data System one but even more aggressive. for the Data lip, i think extreme dimensions will begin selling a urethane replica for around $350 soon... there is a thread in this forum about it. urethane is less prone to breakage than fiberglass... which is a good thing for a front lip.

Old 10-28-2004, 04:09 PM

I don't really see the diff between the data systems and oem. also my350z is selling the data systems replica i think for around 3 something

Old 10-28-2004, 05:42 PM
Former G35driver Vendor

the datasystems is more pronounced with its sharp edges. the oem is more curved and imo flows better with the body of the car. also, the oem retains original bumper clearance to the ground but the datasystems sinks lower.

Old 10-28-2004, 05:49 PM

alright ill probably do the data systems front lip with data systems grill. i think my350z is selling a urethane replica for 289 which is a really sweet deal for a urethane lip. i might go ahead and order from them. but where can i find a grill for a good price?

Old 10-28-2004, 07:04 PM

i spoke to an owner who had the data lip and he said it has the same ground clearance as the OEM lip

Old 11-03-2004, 02:50 AM

yea i had the fiberglass version of the datasystems front lip and it does not lower the car at all in the front. the botom of the lip actually lines up with the bottom of the oem bumper. i should be getting my urethane data systems front lip from extreme dimensions when i get back from sema. ill let you know how it turns out. it should be perfect because i gave them my original lip which fit perfect... we'll see..

Old 10-31-2005, 07:27 AM
where can I get the replica data systems lip?

Old 10-31-2005, 07:30 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
wickedik, let us know about the fitment of urathane version from ED. I'm very interested and if I don't go with original CF version, I probably will buy an urathane version that fits the best

Old 10-31-2005, 11:34 AM
the urethane version fits perfect, like i said it was replicated off my original fiberglass one that i got from datasystems. it mounts easily using 2 of the factory bolts underneath the front bumper and 3m double stick tape to mount along the face, so no need for drilling extra holes in the bumper like the oem front lip. no the lip does not lower the front of the vehicle ( unless you consider the thickness of the urethane which would be less than 1/8 of an inch) installation should take 15 mins which i did by myself with one wrench. if you want you can email me to send pics. I got my lip from Extreme Dimensions.

Old 10-31-2005, 11:57 AM
Meatshake Enterprise
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i say get the Data. the oem looks nice, but it makes the front end look like some sort of bird.

Old 10-31-2005, 03:15 PM
hey my thread came back to life, i still haven't picked up a kit but im debating between the nismo and the data

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Gialla front lip vs. Data Systems Vs. Oem??