Notices
Interior & Exterior Exterior Modifications ; Interior Modifications ; Lighting ; Gauges and More
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

FYI: sedan cup holders are different from coupe ones

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-14-2012, 05:03 PM
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
FYI: sedan cup holders are different from coupe ones

I've got a 07 Sport Sedan, and my retaining mechanism on the cup holder failed. The lid wouldn't stay closed, which kinda annoyed me, so I grabbed a cup holder on ebay.

When the cup holder came in, it said "coupe" on it in engraved letters on the bottom of the cup holder, so I figured, might aswell see if it fits.

Swapping the cup holder is easy, pop shift **** off, shift into D, pop the shifter bezel off, then pop out the cup holder / heated seat console cover out. 4 screws retain the cup holder.

The cup holders look identical at first glance, but the coupe one is actually deeper by about half an inch. Basically the sedan cup holder is shorter because of the rear hvac tunnels.

In the stock way the coupe cup holders will not fit, they will hit the hvac tunnels, but a little bit of elbow grease and disregard for the rear passengers, I pulled out the heat gun and massaged the tunnels a little bit flatter. I got it to fit without hindering too much rear cabin air flow I hope

Oh yeah and the cup holder inserts are different too, in case anyone has a spare cup holder insert for a coupe; PM me

Hope this saves someone some time if they are in the same dilemma.

Old 02-14-2012, 05:05 PM
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
actually I meant to post this in the v36 section, moderators please move?