Notices
Interior & Exterior Exterior Modifications ; Interior Modifications ; Lighting ; Gauges and More
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Another Driver's Side Window Problem!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-06-2012, 09:08 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Angry Another Driver's Side Window Problem!!

So my window stopped working about a month ago. The motor was supposedly dead.

We got a new motor. It worked but would automatically open back up about 6 inches when reaching the closed position. After some research, we realized we needed to "reset" the window motor. So after trying to reset the window motor, everything just stopped working. Literally. The window just died. It got stuck in the completely open/down position. The window button/switch wouldn't do anything, and when we took apart the door, trying to "bypass" the switch to see if the motor was bad, that didn't do anything either. So the assumption was that the replacement refurb window motor I got was faulty. So we got ANOTHER new window motor. I get back home and OPEN MY DOOR and plug it in (with the door panels completely off and completely disengaged from the window gear). I try the door switches...nothing happens. Now I'm really pissed. It couldn't possibly be another faulty window motor right?!? So I think I have a broken window switch (which I still could?)...however, when I closed my door, the window motor starts winding. I'm not sure whether it was up or down...but it was operating WITHOUT me pressing any window buttons/switches. So I reach down and press the window switch/button and nothing changes, the window motor continues to just wind up/down constantly. I open my door, and it stops...I close the door, and it continues. I take my key out of the ignition and it stops. I turn the key back to the ACC position and it continues.

So that's where I am right now. If I turn my key to the ACC position, my window motor will just start to wind.

I'm off to spend the evening with my family from out of town, but I figured I would post here and find out exactly what is going on.

Here is my plan once I get back home tonight: install the window motor onto the window gear with the door open. Then close the door and turn the key to the ACC position. Then I'm going to see what happens and go from there. I'm not sure if the window switches will work at that point, but I will try using those and the reset button and the method of resetting the windows as suggested in one of Nissan's TSB's. Hopefully something works.

Please help, lol. This is beyond frustrating.

Old 07-07-2012, 12:32 AM
Just an update...

I installed the window motor onto the window gear and when i closed the door (with the keys in the ignition), the window rolled up. Once it hit the top, it just stayed there, and the window motor continued to try to spool it up even more (making the motor very hot). Even once I would remove the key from the ignition, the window motor still continued to spool up. I would have to open the door to cause the window motor to stop working. The window switch/button still has no effect on it.

I'm beginning to think the only logical explanation is that the window switch/button circuitry board is messed up in some way...

By the way, the passenger window works perfectly...and it works perfectly from the driver's side window switch! So maybe it's not the window switch?? What's going on?!

Help please.

Last edited by sicem13; 07-07-2012 at 12:47 AM.
Old 07-07-2012, 07:09 PM
bump

Old 07-07-2012, 07:10 PM
oh and i took it by a couple shops today...

what we think is going on is that the master window switch is broken...at least the circuitry that controls/powers the driver's side window. So I suppose that I need to order an entire new master window switch (a hefty $375ish charge from the dealership)...plus labor/installation cost if I decide to let someone else do it lol

Old 07-07-2012, 07:50 PM
Received 350 Likes on 232 Posts
keep me posted on this, I have to do the rest on my window too since it just started to roll down 6 inches when I use the auto close button

Old 07-07-2012, 08:15 PM
will do...

most people have instant success after resetting their new window motor.

I guess my master window switch just happen to poop out at the same time I replaced the motor?? What are the odds!

Old 07-11-2012, 09:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had a similar problem with my driver side window today. After operating periodically with the switch it quit working, even the 1/4" down/up when the door is shut. Then today in this NC downpour I shut the door and ran for cover and just before going into work I looked back and it had spontaneously (demon possessd) rolled down 6" so I jumped back in and luckily got it up but it was dragging. Then it goes back to not working. Who knows it may be open in the morning when I go to work.
Freaked with this one.

Old 07-11-2012, 09:26 PM
i'm ordering a used master switch as I type this...I'm hoping that's the problem. If not, then I can get another refurbished window motor for free under warranty. And then if that's not the problem, then I guess it could be wiring somewhere, or perhaps a faulty BCM. Good luck with figuring our your problem. Lemme know once you figure it out! Ours could be similar.

Old 07-12-2012, 08:18 PM
Received 354 Likes on 214 Posts
check the window motor fix thread

Old 07-12-2012, 08:27 PM
Originally Posted by blAk mAx
check the window motor fix thread
lol it's not that...trust me; and i've searched enough, no one has ever posted an experience like this before. hence why i posted a new thread. did you read my first post?

Old 07-13-2012, 04:36 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My window just recently took a dump on me also in my 04 coupe. Just happened to be the week that it rains the hardest in NC also haha For the past month or so it had been acting sketchy. I would have to sometimes shut my door while holding the switch to get it to go back up or down if I needed the window down. Finally it stopped completely about 2 days ago.

I took it to a local shop here in Fayetteville and they replaced the motor but said that it still won't roll up and are now telling me that my regulator is bad. I wanted to check with some people that had had the same issue before I tell them to go ahead and fix the regulator seeing as shops around here are known for ripping people off.

Also, do you think the reason that it won't go up still is because it needs this window reset done? How would I go about doing that or does anyone have some links that could point me in the right direction?

Also Also, sorry about hijacking the thread lol I really don't think anyone wants another "omg my window won't work" thread.

The following users liked this post:
302gcoupe (09-01-2012)
Old 07-13-2012, 05:02 PM
No problem. i understand. my new window switch has just been mailed to me so I'm anxiously waiting for it to arrive! I'm hoping that'll fix the problem; and I'm going to have my local shop put it in for me (for free, so i don't screw it up lol)

Um, see the attachment I'm attaching to this post regarding resetting your window motor...it is the Nissan TSB for the 350Z's and G35's. I know it works for years 03-05...not positive on 06-07, but i don't see why it wouldn't work! good luck and lemme know how that goes! if my new window switch doesn't fix the problem, then i think it's my BCM, or, God forbid, the regulator...but I REALLY doubt it's my regulator.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Window Motor Reset TSB.pdf (105.5 KB, 1386 views)
Old 09-01-2012, 10:32 AM
my driver side window just started doing the same thing that you experienced! while the window is down, i press the button and it come up...stutters alittle and then stops... they tell me its the motor, maybe regulator....they never mentioned anything about a reset button. they told me the part was $271.34...how did your window end up after the fix??? 2007g coupe

Old 09-02-2012, 11:14 PM
New motor fixed it

there is a control in the window motor that was bad and caused the demonic acyions. I replaced the motor $150 and $50 to install from a body shop. It worked and was well pleased

Old 09-03-2012, 08:53 AM
Originally Posted by rmb2005g35
there is a control in the window motor that was bad and caused the demonic acyions. I replaced the motor $150 and $50 to install from a body shop. It worked and was well pleased
I may just replace the motor, im fearing that the nissan dealership may try n get me to change the regulator?? He took "one" look at it n said it was the motor! What do u think??

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Another Driver's Side Window Problem!!