Notices
Interior & Exterior Exterior Modifications ; Interior Modifications ; Lighting ; Gauges and More
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Drivers window leaking/rattling

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-07-2015, 01:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Drivers window leaking/rattling

So I've had this issue for quite a while now, and have decided to finally fix it. Unfortunately, i can't find a lot of information on how to adjust the drivers window.

Basically, at high speeds, the window will whistle. When it rains, or i decide to wash it, water leaks through. The seal has been replaced, but didn't fix anything. i stumbled across this thread, https://g35driver.com/forums/faq-diy...attle-fix.html and followed that, but just made everything worse. When i was done, i took the water hose to the window and water got all over the drivers seat, door panel, ect.

Does anyone have a definitive how to on how to fix this window issue?

Old 06-19-2016, 03:57 PM
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Hey guys, I'm reviving this thread as I'm having the same issue. I tightend up the lower bolts as I could see some space between the washer and track. I tighted the bolts up with a flat head screw driver until the washer was flat. I thought it would make things better, but it only worsened everything. This was after both sides had the old door weatherstripping removed and replaced with brand new OEM stripping. Not sure what to do now. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Old 05-23-2017, 04:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Hiro
Hey guys, I'm reviving this thread as I'm having the same issue. I tightend up the lower bolts as I could see some space between the washer and track. I tighted the bolts up with a flat head screw driver until the washer was flat. I thought it would make things better, but it only worsened everything. This was after both sides had the old door weatherstripping removed and replaced with brand new OEM stripping. Not sure what to do now. Any suggestions? Thanks.
Hey all, thread revival here. I just picked up my new (to me) 05 Coupe yesterday. Preliminarily I am very pleased with it. I did notice on the test drive the air whistling that has been described. I figured weatherstripping would always fix it... mine appears to be in good shape and I am not encouraged that someone has replaced theirs with no effect. Mine also will be outside most always.

i am imagining that others must have heard this whistling... anyone else?

Old 05-24-2017, 01:53 AM
Received 40 Likes on 40 Posts
Have you tried the window reset by pressing the button on the window motor ?

Old 05-24-2017, 08:36 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
i had this problem few years ago on my 04 coupe. your window is not aligned properly.
thats why your getting the whistling and water leak.
it s a trail and error and a pain to get correct