G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   Interior & Exterior (https://g35driver.com/forums/interior-exterior-21/)
-   -   Reverse Tilt Down Outside Mirrors (https://g35driver.com/forums/interior-exterior/54272-reverse-tilt-down-outside-mirrors.html)

G35UKY 05-16-2005 01:04 PM

Reverse Tilt Down Outside Mirrors

Does anyone know of a way to add reverse tilt down to the outside mirrors for when the car is put into reverse? BMW has had this feature for years, and I know it is on the new M35/45 too. I am worried about curbing one of wheels when backing up.

Z2G 05-16-2005 01:06 PM

yeah, i've always wondered why this option isn't available for our "luxury" coupes. i wouldn't think there would be a way to add it to our cars now. so for now, i just lower the mirrors myself whenever i parallel park.

G35UKY 05-16-2005 01:32 PM

I bet the guys at KP Technologies or maybe even one of the electronics guru's or EE's members would know how to make it work.

Anyone? :confused:

sillief00l 05-16-2005 01:48 PM

The tilt down side mirror is an option for JDM Nissan Skyline in Japan.
Believe it or not, our Infiniti G35 Coupes do not have about 80% of the options that the Japanese models have.

There was some talk about inporting the mirrors over from Japan for this functionality. It would be a perfect fit. However, I am not sure if anyone actually did it.

magnetism80 05-16-2005 02:54 PM

Anyone thought about asking Yoshi over at www.j-garage.com He supposedly has all the stuff for the Skylines. I agree the coupes should have this feature, not sure if the sedans do. My friend has a 325Ci and it is a very nice feature. Besides I've freakin curbed BOTH of my front wheels while parking. That's also partly why I'm not gettin 20'' Giovanni chrome spinners!! LOL

player 05-16-2005 03:21 PM

interesting mod

G35UKY 05-16-2005 04:10 PM

I just sent an email to Yoshi-san at J's Garage. I'll let you know if I hear from him. Hopefully, he can help us! :D

Z2G 05-16-2005 07:36 PM

i would totally be interested if it was an easy, fair priced mod. please let us now if it's going to be possible and how much.

mc2 05-16-2005 08:00 PM

i doubt anything from over there is going to be fair priced.

rrpnow 05-16-2005 09:47 PM

what are those? never heard of them, at least not by that name...

R8D G 05-16-2005 09:53 PM

Basically when you put your car in reverse, your side mirrors tilt down so that you can see the curb and anything else low to the ground behind you when you're backing out. Its a pretty helpful feature, and I think it was discussed before on the forum.

DanielEshaghian 05-16-2005 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by magnetism80
Anyone thought about asking Yoshi over at www.j-garage.com He supposedly has all the stuff for the Skylines. I agree the coupes should have this feature, not sure if the sedans do. My friend has a 325Ci and it is a very nice feature. Besides I've freakin curbed BOTH of my front wheels while parking. That's also partly why I'm not gettin 20'' Giovanni chrome spinners!! LOL

Um...sorry about curbing BOTH of your front wheels, but I think the tilting mirriors will only help you for the back...

gettaluvr 05-16-2005 10:15 PM

was at downtown today, and man i wish this car has this feature, got used to the bmw, it does help alot, but today i had to manually tile it done.... what a ...

InDiGo 05-17-2005 12:13 AM

actually this is one small thing that matters to me, for a 30k car, the G shouldve had this feature. I live in SF and all I do everyday is parallel park, and I used to tilt down myself coz I got my new volks on.

G35UKY 05-17-2005 04:03 PM

Joshi @ J's Garage

I got an email from Joshi today, but he thought I was talking about the auto fold in of the mirrors that is supposedly on all JDM vehicles because the parking places are so small. They are so small that the driver lets everyone out so that everyone does not have to squeeze out. Anyway, I sent an email back to Joshi trying to better explain. Hopefully, he will understand, and I will hear something tomorrow.