Notices
Interior & Exterior Exterior Modifications ; Interior Modifications ; Lighting ; Gauges and More
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Dealer said i have Xenon lights ?!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-28-2006, 06:29 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
still waiting from the call from the GM. if i dont hear from him in 2 more days im gonna go down there or give em another call

Old 03-31-2006, 03:54 PM
spoke with the GM today, he was just as useless as the first manager i talked to. he basically said that the car would have to come straight from the factory with the HID headlights already installed and that it would be nearly impossible to install the OEM kit on my car. i think this is BS but whatever, any infinity techs in here that can confirm this ? if they are BS'n me let me know so i can call them on it. the more specific you are the better. i asked him what he could do then about putting me into another car for $0 and he told me to come down and take a look and we could definitly work something out. i know this is all sales pitch crap but i am gonna go down there and talk with my sales guy who is a good guy and tell him i wan something that is $500 under cost and is about the same price as my car. we'll see how it turns out. if they dont have what i want or wont do that deal then ill have them pay for an extended warranty on my car to 100K miles.

Old 03-31-2006, 04:16 PM
Sorry to hear your problem hasn't been resolved. I would call the tech/service department and tell them you want a written quote on upgrading to HID headlights on your G35. They'll be sure to give you a quote since it's simply business to them. It will probably be upwards of $2k. Show that to the GM that his own service dept said it can be done. Have them perform the swap for free or give you the $2k option you paid for but didn't get according to your window sticker.

Old 04-03-2006, 09:34 PM
well, here's the deal. went and talked with my sales guy today. he told me about what he had in stock looked at a few cars. the GM ended up giving me what i owed on my car (~$20,800) trade-in value was a little under $17k. i ended up trading it in for another 2003 sedan. my old one had silver ext, black int. , gold package, sunroof, heated seats, leather interior and thats about it with 50,500 miles. this one is red ext with black int., premium package, navigation, HID's, and pretty much everything else you can think of (except for satellite) with 43000 miles on it. there was some spider cracks on the rear bumper and rock chips on the front so they are going to repaint that for me, do the necessary fixes, minor things. upgrading the rev on the NAV DVD. overall im pretty excited... i like the color, stands out a lot more than the silver. also added the Elite Warranty which covers it bumper to bumper for the next 3 years or 48k miles. my payment only went up $40/mo which isnt really a problem for me considering what im getting in return. i wouldnt even had been that much but the interest rates had gone up in the past few months. went from 8.9% to 9.5% which didnt help. its ok because i plan to make double/tripple payments anyway. good deal ? or am i an idiot ?

Old 04-09-2006, 08:24 PM
well, before i took delivery i told them to do all recalls that had not been performed (specifically this one), some bulletins, and repaint the front/rear bumpers which looked like they went through hell. went to the dealer a week later to pick up the car and the sales guy says "i got some bad news". he tells me that on his way back from filling up the tank the check engine light comes on but it might have been a loose gas cap and there were no service guys there because it was saturday night so i couldnt find out what the code was. he gave me the option to take it home and come back on monday or leave it there. seeing i was so anxious to drive my new car i decided to drive it for the weekend. so a day later (today) i goto move the car for something but when i try to start it, the car wouldnt turn over. after a few tries it finally starts but now the VDC light is on and the SLIP like is also on and the NAV basically tells me that something is REALLY wrong. turned the car off/on a few more times and it happened almost every other time. got pissed and drove the car to the dealer, tossed the keys in the exhaust port with a note in the car window.

some other things that were wrong with the car:

light thumping sound comming from the front/drivers side of the car, sounds like something to do with the wheel, rotors, or whatever.

front bumper came out good but the rear bumper is almost a totally different color than the rest of the car... did ray charles blend the paint ?

they never ordered me the new version of the navigation dvd like they said they would. they said they would do that tomorrow.

dealer said they would detail the car before i took delivery like they did with my previos car (my last G35 was SPOTLESS when they gave it to me). this car was an absolute mess... example: the dirty dress socks from the previous owner were found by my friend behind the rear seat headrest and the sticky juice marks on the rear arm rest were still there.

asked for print out of full service history upon delivery of car and didnt get that.

complete bull****, you should move this to the General section

Old 04-09-2006, 08:44 PM
Florida G35 Club Member
Honestly, I would walk away. Do not take this car. It seems there are already problems and it doesn't seem like it will get any better. If I were you I would search the area for another G35 and from another dealership.
Lips

Old 04-09-2006, 10:32 PM
what he said.
i had problem w/ local infiniti dealer by killing my hood when they buffed.
talked to managers, etc but nothing works against these dealer people.

lesson here is that never go back to the dealer that you faced problems, BS, etc.

Old 04-09-2006, 10:45 PM
thats kinda the way i felt all day today. ill wait till i talk to them tomorrow and if they get everything fixed the right way and i dont have anymore problems then we will have no more problems.... but if they give me **** tomorrow or i take the car back and 3 days later something else happens then im done

Old 04-10-2006, 03:10 AM
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Sedan
F these guys. Why are you still giving them your business??? They are obviously shady.