Notices

Mirror "swap"?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-19-2018, 12:28 PM
Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
G35C 5AT
Mirror "swap"?

Does anybody know if there's a super simple mirror that can screw right in in place of the Homelink mirror (for a coupe, if that makes a difference)? I have no use for all the buttons (extra, non-useable stuff drives me crazy), and I'm getting a TON of vibration/rattles from it. Might be possible to pop everything off and superglue the crap out of it, but I'd prefer a swap that takes two minutes as opposed to that. The mount design on the mirror makes me a bit nervous that there is no direct swap besides a G35 mirror without Homelink.

Old 10-19-2018, 12:29 PM
Super Moderator

Received 1,016 Likes on 935 Posts
It's glued on, you can put whatever you want up there. Personally would recommend a wireless back up camera mirror, two birds with one stone.

Old 10-19-2018, 05:52 PM
Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
G35C 5AT
Originally Posted by Urbanengineer
It's glued on, you can put whatever you want up there. Personally would recommend a wireless back up camera mirror, two birds with one stone.
My Homelink one requires removing a torx bolt to take it off, although I see now the mounting location itself is glued onto the windshield. Scrape it off, cleanup, glue on what I want? May try dissecting the Homelink one and smothering connecting edges in glue before I start to remove stuff.