WTB: Nismo Ti Shift knob 6sp STICKER

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-11-2019, 01:28 PM
Received 57 Likes on 55 Posts
Nismo Ti Shift **** 6sp STICKER

Hey all,

Recently picked up a Nismo Ti shift **** with a 5 speed sticker, and I was hoping somebody had a circular 6p sticker (see pic) laying around that they're willing to sell me.

Feel free to shoot me a text - 3ix0.5six1.474six

Thanks!

Old 01-13-2019, 10:42 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
It's so hard to find my dude. I just got one off a g37 owner. Full **** with emblem. Another option would be getting a top secret shift pattern and slapping it on there.
good luck though!

Old 01-14-2019, 11:17 AM
Thanks, I'm slowing starting to realize that haha - I got quoted 50$ by a local trophy shop to engrave a little piece of aluminum, but looking into it more I'm pretty sure the 5sp sticker that's on there is plastic, so I'm going to start looking down that route to see how much it is. I do have access to a laser etch machine that can cut plastic, just gotta find the shiny stuff and figure out how to paint that tinyass R haha. Still not quite sure how to remove the 5sp piece on there now, probably end up destroying it in the process of removal anyways so I'm considering just drilling it out in the center. Looking up from the bottom of the **** there's a phillips head screw, but once it's loose It doesn't seem to fit through the plastic - might just be securing a weight in to the top?

Old 01-14-2019, 02:03 PM
Received 99 Likes on 81 Posts
Originally Posted by g356sp
Thanks, I'm slowing starting to realize that haha - I got quoted 50$ by a local trophy shop to engrave a little piece of aluminum, but looking into it more I'm pretty sure the 5sp sticker that's on there is plastic, so I'm going to start looking down that route to see how much it is. I do have access to a laser etch machine that can cut plastic, just gotta find the shiny stuff and figure out how to paint that tinyass R haha. Still not quite sure how to remove the 5sp piece on there now, probably end up destroying it in the process of removal anyways so I'm considering just drilling it out in the center. Looking up from the bottom of the **** there's a phillips head screw, but once it's loose It doesn't seem to fit through the plastic - might just be securing a weight in to the top?
The round 5 speed shift plate is of very thin metal maybe aluminum, titanium? idk but its quite simple to remove. Just boil some water and then dip the top of the shift **** into it and leave it there for 2-3 minutes to soften the adhesive and with a needle or something very thin begin slowly prying the round shift plate up and it should come off. This is the method I used to restore my Titanium Nismo ****.

Old 01-14-2019, 03:02 PM
Originally Posted by JG_G35
The round 5 speed shift plate is of very thin metal maybe aluminum, titanium? idk but its quite simple to remove. Just boil some water and then dip the top of the shift **** into it and leave it there for 2-3 minutes to soften the adhesive and with a needle or something very thin begin slowly prying the round shift plate up and it should come off. This is the method I used to restore my Titanium Nismo ****.
Awesome, thank you for the advice, I'll give that a shot tonight - if I'm REALLY lucky maybe I can salvage the reverse side of the emblem and etch the pattern into it.

Old 01-16-2019, 10:51 AM
Tried the boiling water trick and it worked! Since the PO had already scuffed up the insert I didn't mind doing more damage, and was finally able to press one side down hard enough to pop the other side up, then get a razor blade under it and pry it off. Turns out it is actually aluminum, so I'm back to square one on trying to diy a 6sp version. I have access to a 3d printer, but I don't think it can do this kind of small detail - looking into a small lost wax casting setup?

The following users liked this post:
JG_G35 (01-17-2019)
Old 01-22-2019, 07:14 PM
I might have a solution for you depending if you are willing to purchase another shift **** and getting it refinished at a shop that can make the diameter of the NISMO **** wider. Or just put it on top if you dont mind it protruding.
I got a Top Secret Shift **** from Nengun. The sticker that comes with it is slightly bigger than the NISMO aluminum plate. But in all honesty, I think this looks amazing. The black in the logo really pops.
Might buy a used up Nismo shifter and get it refinished to fit this sticker.

Old 01-22-2019, 07:47 PM
Or I can buy the one you have off of you if you don't want to go through the trouble. Lol

Old 01-23-2019, 12:57 PM
Originally Posted by christopherv5
I might have a solution for you depending if you are willing to purchase another shift **** and getting it refinished at a shop that can make the diameter of the NISMO **** wider. Or just put it on top if you dont mind it protruding.
I got a Top Secret Shift **** from Nengun. The sticker that comes with it is slightly bigger than the NISMO aluminum plate. But in all honesty, I think this looks amazing. The black in the logo really pops.
Might buy a used up Nismo shifter and get it refinished to fit this sticker.
Thanks for the heads up, at this point I'm going down the DIY route, bought a couple rounds of Al and have a buddy with a janky old lathe to cut off a little disc (Ø22mm x 0.5mm), and another with access to a fiber laser to etch the shift pattern. Working on recreating the pattern now, might make a few extra and post them up for sale if anyone is interested.

Or I can buy the one you have off of you if you don't want to go through the trouble. Lol
Haha woulda coulda shoulda, but I'm too deep down the rabbit hole now.*

Old 01-23-2019, 02:05 PM
Thanks for the heads up, at this point I'm going down the DIY route, bought a couple rounds of Al and have a buddy with a janky old lathe to cut off a little disc (Ø22mm x 0.5mm), and another with access to a fiber laser to etch the shift pattern. Working on recreating the pattern now, might make a few extra and post them up for sale if anyone is interested.

Haha woulda coulda shoulda, but I'm too deep down the rabbit hole now.*
Worth a try lol.*
Let us know how it turns out, I'll pick one up for a just in case!

Old 01-23-2019, 02:10 PM
Mocked it up on my lunch break - material arrives tomorrow, might have a sample by the weekend.

Old 01-23-2019, 02:49 PM
Mocked it up on my lunch break - material arrives tomorrow, might have a sample by the weekend.

MY DUDE! This looks amazing, hopefully it can be produced like it, either way I'll be waiting to see the sample.

Old 01-28-2019, 12:17 AM
Any update on this?

Old 01-28-2019, 10:52 AM
Any update on this?
I got the discs cut this weekend - they look pretty good off the lathe but still want to give them a polish, and I don't have a timeline on engraving as I still need to work on the designs.

I have 5 insert pieces to play with, so I might give DIY ano a try. I was looking in to additive etching as well but the coating required is a bit out of the price range of this little project.

Old 02-13-2019, 07:08 PM
I got the discs cut this weekend - they look pretty good off the lathe but still want to give them a polish, and I don't have a timeline on engraving as I still need to work on the designs.

I have 5 insert pieces to play with, so I might give DIY ano a try. I was looking in to additive etching as well but the coating required is a bit out of the price range of this little project.
Hey man,
any update on the final product?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: WTB: Nismo Ti Shift knob 6sp STICKER