Notices

LED Corner/Blinker Project Completed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-31-2007, 11:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LED Corner/Blinker Project Completed

I finally have a finished product for the LED Corners. The board is composed of 16 super flux automotive LEDs mounted on a printed circuit board that I had manufactured specifically for this project. The board is color matched to the corners to make it blend in to the housing as much as possible.

I have installed tha amber LED version in both amber and clear corners to show what it looks like in both types. The light diffusers in the amber corners make it a bit more difficult to see the individual LEDs and almost looks more like a solid light bar. In the clear corners the individual LEDs can be seen much more clearly.

The LEDs can be configured 1 of 2 ways: Either all 16 LEDs can be lit up with the running light or 8 of the LEDs can illuminate with the running light and the other 8 can be wired to the turn signal. The turn signal can also be setup to be either on top or bottom of the running light. If a turn signal is desired, a wire tap will have to be placed on the turn signal wire from the headlight wiring harness and wired to the corner. The running lights plug directly into the wedge bulb base using a bulb adapter for easy installation.

The LEDs are protected with both current and voltage regulators. The voltage regulators fix the input voltage to the LEDs at 12V regardless of voltage fluctuations in the vehicles electrical system and prevent the LEDs from burning out or flickering. I also have included input and output capacitors for ripple protection and further voltage protection.

I have done the board in amber LEDs, but they are also available in white and red. If anybody is interested I can make these for you and put them in either your corners if you send them to me or I can get a new set of clear corners and mod them for you. The amber and red versions would cost $100 and the white version is $125 due to the increased cost of the LEDs. Those prices are if I put the LEDs in your existing housings or I can put them in a new set of clear corners for an additional $50. I could also just send you the completed LED boards for you to install in your housings for $10 off.

Let me know if you are interested.

Amber Corners:

Amber Corner Blinker 1:

Amber Corner Blinker 2:

Clear Corners:

Clear Corner Blinker 1:

Clear Corner Blinker 2:

Last edited by 08G37TX; 04-01-2007 at 03:36 AM.
Old 04-01-2007, 01:23 AM
Sneaker Whore
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That's actually not bad.

Old 04-02-2007, 05:20 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Nice work. They look very familiar to me