Notices

Fog Light Not Working - 06 G35 Coupe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-04-2017, 09:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Fog Light Not Working - 06 G35 Coupe

I've done quite a bit of searching through various threads and stickies but couldn't find a any direct help in regards to my situation.....

I recently swapped out (attempted to swap out) my stock fog light bulbs for led bulbs. After plugging in the new led into the driver side fog, there was no light... I replaced the original bulb into the fog and again, no light. I checked the fuse box behind the battery and the 15A fuse is not burned and checks out okay with a circuit tester, so I'm sort of confused as to what my problem here is.

Does anyone here have any tips on how I should continue troubleshooting? I don't see any char marks/melting on the fog wire itself so I don't think this would be a harness problem, however I don't know too much about wiring/lighting.

(Also, I tried checking the fog wire itself for voltage, but the circuit tester only seems to work when it's directly connected to the battery ground and is not long enough at that position to reach the driver fog area)

Old 01-05-2017, 01:22 AM
Super Moderator

Received 1,017 Likes on 936 Posts
Make sure the H1 is plugged in and that the ground is connected. Nooooooo LEDs for you!

Old 01-05-2017, 11:06 AM
Premier Member

Received 468 Likes on 379 Posts
Was the bulb installed in the headlight, or did you just plug in the one wire and turn on the lights to test it out? H1 bulbs get their ground through the housing, so make sure it's installed and the locking spring is in place.

If the lights worked when you removed them, then user error is to blame. Retrace your steps and verify everything.

The following users liked this post:
Idris Yusuf (01-06-2017)
Old 01-05-2017, 04:28 PM
Super Moderator

Received 196 Likes on 177 Posts
Front and rear cameras, tire pressure for all four tires can display on screen,folding side view mir
Originally Posted by Idris Yusuf
I've done quite a bit of searching through various threads and stickies but couldn't find a any direct help in regards to my situation.....

I recently swapped out (attempted to swap out) my stock fog light bulbs for led bulbs. After plugging in the new led into the driver side fog, there was no light... I replaced the original bulb into the fog and again, no light. I checked the fuse box behind the battery and the 15A fuse is not burned and checks out okay with a circuit tester, so I'm sort of confused as to what my problem here is.

Does anyone here have any tips on how I should continue troubleshooting? I don't see any char marks/melting on the fog wire itself so I don't think this would be a harness problem, however I don't know too much about wiring/lighting.

(Also, I tried checking the fog wire itself for voltage, but the circuit tester only seems to work when it's directly connected to the battery ground and is not long enough at that position to reach the driver fog area)
Have you followed the troubleshooting steps in the FSM?

Use a voltmeter and run a long wire securely connected to a metal ground to test for voltage at the socket. You may have blown out both the new and old bulb or caused a problem in the IDPM or the BCM?

http://www.nicoclub.com/service-manu...6_G35_Coupe/lt

See page LT-65

System Description
NKS002O7
The control of the front fog lamps is dependent upon the position of the lighting switch. The lighting switch
must be in the 2ND position or AUTO position (headlamp is ON) for front fog lamp operation. When the lighting
switch is placed in front fog lamp switch ON position the BCM (body control module) receives input signal
requesting the front fog lamps to illuminate. When the headlamps are illuminated, this input signal is communi-
cated to the IPDM E/R (intelligent power distribution module engine room) through the CAN communication
lines. The CPU (central processing unit) located in the IPDM E/R controls the front fog lamp relay. When acti-
vated, this relay directs power to the front fog lamps.
OUTLINE
Power is supplied at all times

to ignition relay, located in IPDM E/R, from battery direct,

through 15A fuse (No. 88, located in IPDM E/R)

to front fog lamp relay, located in IPDM E/R,

through 15A fuse (No. 78, located in IPDM E/R)

to CPU located in IPDM E/R,

through 10A fuse (No. 71, located in IPDM E/R)

to CPU located in IPDM E/R,

through 50A fusible link (letter F, located in fuse, fusible link and relay box)

to BCM terminal 55,

through 10A fuse [No. 18, located in fuse block (J/

Good luck

Telcoman

The following users liked this post:
Idris Yusuf (01-06-2017)
Old 01-06-2017, 05:30 PM
They weren't in the housing, all is well now. Thanks for your help!!!

Old 11-18-2019, 09:12 PM
G35xS
Led hb4 light

Originally Posted by Idris Yusuf
They weren't in the housing, all is well now. Thanks for your help!!!
Hey man what do you mean they weren't in the housing? I'm having the exact issue right now with my 2008 sedan. They seems to be twisted in right but I'm getting no light.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.