G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   Lighting (https://g35driver.com/forums/lighting-177/)
-   -   Color of LEDs question (https://g35driver.com/forums/lighting/333775-color-leds-question.html)

prinny 04-16-2010 03:48 PM

Color of LEDs question

So I replaced most of my interior lights with LEDs and everything seemed alright until I got to my map lights and I replaced those.. I ordered 6k white not 5k white. 5k white is supposed to be like pure white and 6k white is supposed to be white with a blue tinge. I told them about it and they sent me another one. So I got it in the mail and tried it out again and I got the same result.. was sort of getting annoyed now sooo I emailed them yet again that I ordered 6k white not 5k white and this time I even took a picture for them and said that I'm looking for the one on the right.

http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/3060/dsc1151.jpg

So within a few days I got another 2 in the mail which was sort of strange. The label on them both said 6k white so I was sure that at least one of them would match... but I tried both out and nada.. they both didn't match... So maybe the ones that I tried out really are 6k white and the one on the right is just unique or something?....

idk.. they sort of expect me to send back the other ones. Doesn't cost anything to do so. So I'll probably send back the two extra and keep the weird blue one, but yeah....:confused2:

Got them from V-LEDS

Beebo 04-16-2010 04:31 PM

problem is you bought from v-leds

send a PM to mrwrong@statik his LED's are pure white

prinny 04-16-2010 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by Beebo (Post 5034955)
problem is you bought from v-leds

send a PM to mrwrong@statik his LED's are pure white

Alright thanks and done.

Why is V-LEDs a bad site? Got a couple recommendations from people so thought it'd be alright.

mrwong@statik 04-16-2010 10:51 PM

Thanks Beebo for the recommendation = )

V-Leds is a great site to purchase from. Before getting into the industry I purchased from them as well.

However this is a common occurrence. I would have to say this does happen to me as well. Sometimes the LED's that are purchased to make the boards or direct replacement bulbs are not 100% the same in every batch. Some are like the Left Bulb some are like the Right bulb. It is very hard to test over 1000 led's. Going blind for a few seconds for about 8 hours a day is never a good thing. Most companies along with mine do offer free replacements in pairs until they match. Because we need to be sure they are pulled from the same batch. Also they sent 2 probably to give you an option to try all 4 until you found the 2 you wanted so you can send the 2 non matching ones back. Thats Normal = )

Hope this helps.

prinny 04-17-2010 01:08 AM

Originally Posted by mrwong@statik (Post 5035688)
Thanks Beebo for the recommendation = )

V-Leds is a great site to purchase from. Before getting into the industry I purchased from them as well.

However this is a common occurrence. I would have to say this does happen to me as well. Sometimes the LED's that are purchased to make the boards or direct replacement bulbs are not 100% the same in every batch. Some are like the Left Bulb some are like the Right bulb. It is very hard to test over 1000 led's. Going blind for a few seconds for about 8 hours a day is never a good thing. Most companies along with mine do offer free replacements in pairs until they match. Because we need to be sure they are pulled from the same batch. Also they sent 2 probably to give you an option to try all 4 until you found the 2 you wanted so you can send the 2 non matching ones back. Thats Normal = )

Hope this helps.

Yes this helped alot haha and alright I'll keep that in mind. Thanks :biggthumpup:

HenryLee 04-17-2010 01:21 AM

You should have bought them from Statik.

prinny 04-17-2010 01:41 AM

Originally Posted by HenryLee (Post 5035986)
You should have bought them from Statik.

I would have, but Stakik didn't really have what I was looking for. Was looking for more individual bulbs not the whole packages and all.

EnJoiLuv 04-19-2010 06:28 AM

I have the same problem as this.
tried switching the LED's around, but nothing worked.
the driver side is more blue-ish than the pass. side.

mrwong@statik 04-19-2010 06:59 AM

Prinny....If your ever in the market again let me know...I can sell them individual as well = )

prinny 04-19-2010 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by mrwong@statik (Post 5039755)
Prinny....If your ever in the market again let me know...I can sell them individual as well = )

Haha alright will do:biggthumpup: