G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   Lighting (https://g35driver.com/forums/lighting-177/)
-   -   LED Running/turnsignals blows fuse. (https://g35driver.com/forums/lighting/420638-led-running-turnsignals-blows-fuse.html)

avion 12-27-2012 02:53 PM

LED Running/turnsignals blows fuse.

05 G35 front turn signal is a duel filiment Running/turn signal lamp (7443). The polarity in the E-Bay LED 7443 will not let running lights and turnsignals to work at the same time. It will just make one or the other work depending on how you install them. One way it blows running light fuses the other way tun signals won't work. Superbright and Dynamics LEDs have omitted this problem by using a single filiment LED (7440) which gives you turn signals without running Lights. Without having to rewire the connectors, has anyone resolved this problem? The connector has - + - + ,The bulb is - - + +. Filiment lamps don't care about polarity order, but LEDs do.

Ampvqfanboi 10-28-2013 11:52 PM

Originally Posted by avion (Post 6659461)
05 G35 front turn signal is a duel filiment Running/turn signal lamp (7443). The polarity in the E-Bay LED 7443 will not let running lights and turnsignals to work at the same time. It will just make one or the other work depending on how you install them. One way it blows running light fuses the other way tun signals won't work. Superbright and Dynamics LEDs have omitted this problem by using a single filiment LED (7440) which gives you turn signals without running Lights. Without having to rewire the connectors, has anyone resolved this problem? The connector has - + - + ,The bulb is - - + +. Filiment lamps don't care about polarity order, but LEDs do.

Did you ever find a fix for this?

avion 10-29-2013 05:22 PM

Correct Bulb for Front Turn Signals on a 05 G35.

Yes , I did get the right LED bulbs that do not blow fuses and have both driving lights and turn signals. They are called "CK polarity bulbs". Not all LED dealers sell them. When buying them, ensure/specify they are in fact CK polarity bulbs. Some dealers are clueless to this and sale you the regular type saying it will fit.:)

Ampvqfanboi 11-24-2013 07:05 PM

Thanks a ton. Mind referring me to a website that has some?

avion 11-24-2013 08:08 PM

CK Polarity LED Blubs for front turn signals

I found several dealers that sold CK Polarity LED bulbs months ago. Most wanted about $40 for the pair. I ended up at Ebay and got a pair for $28. The only problem with the ones I got was that they were a 1/8 of an inch too long and had to modify the bulb.What a pain that was, although I'm very happy with the results . My advice is spend the extra bucks and get the brightest CK /high wattage LED that fits without modification. Try again Superbright and Dynamics LEDs and see if they now carry the CK Polarity Bulbs. Search the web again and find other dealers. EBay is now listing more CK Polarity LED bulbs. Note that LED bulbs used in turn signals will give you hyper flashing unless you add a resister network or change your flasher relay, Check your local laws on this issue.