G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   Lighting (https://g35driver.com/forums/lighting-177/)
-   -   Question for those Canadians who have upgraded their 03-05 Coupes to 2006 projectors (https://g35driver.com/forums/lighting/85142-question-those-canadians-who-have-upgraded-their-03-05-coupes-2006-projectors.html)

ORACLE 02-08-2006 10:48 PM

Question for those Canadians who have upgraded their 03-05 Coupes to 2006 projectors

I am in Canada and am interested in upgrading my 2003 G35 Coupe with the 2006 projector headlights but I understand that the daytime running light ie. the fog light does not function as it does in Canadian equipped Coupes unless some re-wiring is done. Is the case? What is necessary to get the daytime running lights to function properly. Thank you for your responses.

Prophecy 02-09-2006 01:53 AM

Goodluck finding the answer...I tried with no luck... PM me your e-mail and I'll send you the schematics to your car that possibly, in the hands of someone who understand auto electronics, may be able to change the CAN to the US settings (which do not use the fog as Daytime runners)...

tomcatm 02-09-2006 01:52 PM

If you guys are using the 06 lights, you can rewire the city light to run as DRL instead of the brighter/more expensive fogs. Sorry cant help you on how to rewire it though.

GCRAZY 02-09-2006 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by ORACLE
I am in Canada and am interested in upgrading my 2003 G35 Coupe with the 2006 projector headlights but I understand that the daytime running light ie. the fog light does not function as it does in Canadian equipped Coupes unless some re-wiring is done. Is the case? What is necessary to get the daytime running lights to function properly. Thank you for your responses.

I'll be doing the same thing, It shouldn't be that hard to re-wire it.

We'll find out soon enough...:D

Tasso-

ORACLE 02-09-2006 08:15 PM

According to Acerys, the day-time fog will not work if you install 06 headlights on 03-05 Canadian coupe. But other functions will work fine. If I install the 06 headlights on my 03 coupe, I would like the daytime running light to work using the foglight like it it did before. For current Canadian 2006 G35 coupe owners, is the daytime running light still the fog light as before?

iChiBahN 03-12-2006 07:27 PM

I just installed mine 06 projectors on my 05 Canadian G35 Coupe. Everything is fine except for during the daytime, my daylight bulb does not light up. However, when i turn on my low-beam, my daylight bulb does light up.

Also when i turn on my left signal light, it does not even come on. Instead it starts "blinking twice as fast" inside the car (the bilnkers). So, instead of my left turn blinkers blinking twice as fast, it's my daylight running light "flashing" and my HID's (while being off) turnin Hi-Beam, Low-Beam over and over again.

Can someone please help me with this problem? it's really frustrating because during the night time when my HID (low beams) becomes activated, everything works prefect (the left blinker works).

WaLLy 03-13-2006 12:40 AM

^^^ man that's tough...

did you buy canadian housings or US housings? i'd imagine US since you have that problem... =/

iChiBahN 03-13-2006 12:27 PM

can any experts out there lend a helping hand? please

zx10r_646 03-15-2006 08:00 AM

Hi ORACLE,

I too purchase US 06 Projector housings for a Canadian G35 Coupe and wanted to use the Fog lights as the DRL. I was sure it could be done since the connector between the 04 and 06 housings were identical.

I also discovered that the turnsignal and the parking/daylight bulbs were wired differently for the 06 housing. That is why iChiBahN is experience the issue he described.

It is a pretty easy mod if you can cut, splice and/or solder wires. You will require two 5-pin relays per housing if you want to use the fogs for DRL.

PM me for a schematic of the mods I made to my 06 projectors. For some reason, I cannot upload the file into this reply.

Please note that I have a 2004 G35 6MT and the mods work fine with my 2004 G35 6MT.

Cheers

Larry

God|ZIlla168 03-18-2006 01:45 AM

Originally Posted by zx10r_646
Hi ORACLE,

I too purchase US 06 Projector housings for a Canadian G35 Coupe and wanted to use the Fog lights as the DRL. I was sure it could be done since the connector between the 04 and 06 housings were identical.

I also discovered that the turnsignal and the parking/daylight bulbs were wired differently for the 06 housing. That is why iChiBahN is experience the issue he described.

It is a pretty easy mod if you can cut, splice and/or solder wires. You will require two 5-pin relays per housing if you want to use the fogs for DRL.

PM me for a schematic of the mods I made to my 06 projectors. For some reason, I cannot upload the file into this reply.

Please note that I have a 2004 G35 6MT and the mods work fine with my 2004 G35 6MT.

Cheers

Larry

i need the DYI for this mod pictures etc whold be great

zx10r_646 03-18-2006 07:23 AM

God|Zilla168,

Sorry but unfortunately I did not take the time to take pictures of the mods. Did you not get my email (to your hotmail account) with a copy of the 06 mod schematic?

Feel free to PM when you are ready and I can talk you through the mods. Too bad you are in GTA (I am in Ottawa) or else we could get together and I could help you with the mod.

Larry

God|ZIlla168 03-18-2006 10:01 AM

I am an noob so I need some help.

1.) Where do I get the 5pin relay?

2.) Looking at my light housing right now and I see green yellow wires going straight to the connector. Do I splice from there?

3.) i see your diagram going from say 8 to 4 for example on the street light does that mean I have to cut the wire from the light housing and solder it to the wire from the car?

Nuggle 03-20-2006 04:27 PM

i just installed the US 2006 headlights on the 2005 6MT CAN and it all works fine it was all plug and play..but i dont know if the daytime running lights work cause it was on a lift but turn signals and fogs and city lights all work fine

God|ZIlla168 03-20-2006 05:10 PM

Did you tried signal lights during day time mode think that is what screws up. per Ichiban. If it does then you will need to do some rewired work putting a DIY thanks to larry in the canadian section

GCRAZY 04-14-2006 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by iChiBahN
I just installed mine 06 projectors on my 05 Canadian G35 Coupe. Everything is fine except for during the daytime, my daylight bulb does not light up. However, when i turn on my low-beam, my daylight bulb does light up.

Also when i turn on my left signal light, it does not even come on. Instead it starts "blinking twice as fast" inside the car (the bilnkers). So, instead of my left turn blinkers blinking twice as fast, it's my daylight running light "flashing" and my HID's (while being off) turnin Hi-Beam, Low-Beam over and over again.

Can someone please help me with this problem? it's really frustrating because during the night time when my HID (low beams) becomes activated, everything works prefect (the left blinker works).

I just got my car back today and I have exactly the same problem.

Did you fix it ?

If so, how ?

Thanks !

Tasso-