G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   The M-Spot (https://g35driver.com/forums/m-spot-199/)
-   -   Problem With Airbag Recall (https://g35driver.com/forums/m-spot/462115-problem-airbag-recall.html)

Mooser 12-27-2017 03:23 PM

Problem With Airbag Recall

I have a 2007 M35 since new. About 2 months ago, I finally got around to getting the airbag recall performed at a dealership. About 2 weeks after the repair was performed, the airbag warning light has been flashing nonstop. I did the "hard reset" on it and it went away for about an hour. The hard reset will not work any longer. My neighborhood mechanic pulled the code B1065 and says the assist airbag module is open. He recommended me to take it back to the dealership to have it corrected.
Because of the lack of leisure time to visit the dealer, about 37 miles away, and the repair was made 2 months ago, I'm afraid that they will tell me that I "need this, this, this, and this" to fix the problem when I know darn well that it was recall related and the repair was not performed properly. I can't prove that but I can say that I never had this problem up until they put their hands on it.
I'm thinking about calling the Nissan Customer Service 800 number to see what they have to say. They will likely blow smoke as well.
Any advice?

cleric670 12-27-2017 03:30 PM

That code is directly related to the repair they performed which was the passenger side airbag inflator REPLACEMENT. I would call and talk to their service shop first before escalating to Nissan customer service. Do you still have the service paperwork from when the recall was performed? It is possible the diagnosis sensor unit went out on it's own unrelated to the recall work, try to work a deal like "free diagnostic check to determine root cause" since this issue literally happened after they were working on the vehicle.

Mooser 01-01-2018 02:41 PM

Yes, I have the receipt and all paperwork that is associated with the repair. I also have an arsenal of material that I have discovered since making this post.

I spoke with a man that owns his own collision center that works with airbag/module replacements everyday. He was also a mechanic at a dealership for 7 years. He told me that if a recall is not performed properly, the dealer needs to do it over again from the beginning. He also said that modules just don't go out on their own. As you mentioned, he also stated that IT IS directly related to the first attempt on the airbag repair.

I will likely take it to a different dealership, one much closer geographically, and have them do it.

rileypool 05-14-2020 09:49 AM

Did you ever get this resolved? When I had my airbag recall completed about 2 years ago, they cracked my dash and had to order one from overseas (Japan, maybe) and it took forever to get fixed. Thankfully, they gave me a new Q50 loaner that I drove the **** out of. I loved that car.