G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Upgrade Suggestion?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-21-2015, 01:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Upgrade Suggestion?

I have a stock 2005 g35 coupe stock. and i waswondering if anyone has any suggestions for my first few upgrades. and no dont mention forced induction. Thanks!

Old 07-21-2015, 03:25 PM
Super Moderator

Received 1,030 Likes on 947 Posts
I like light mods, like quality interior LEDs with nice LED turn signal and brake light replacements. You need to get resistors with those for the blinkers too. Every bulb changed to LED besides the headlamp is about $150 or so.

The following users liked this post:
Blakelyg35 (07-21-2015)
Old 07-21-2015, 05:55 PM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
I always begin on the performance side when buying a new car. Start with buying/installing a z-tube and K&N drop in filter. The next step corrects Nissan's design flaw, Motordyne 5/16" spacer. Now your VQ motor can breathe as intended without restriction. Since day one the spacer has been known as, "the best bang for your buck!" Ok, now you have air in, the next mod s/b air out which requires replacing those OEM cats with HFCs. (high flow cats) These are modifications you can feel while driving, our G35s love to be driven! Good Luck & Enjoy the ride...Gary

Blakelyg35 (07-24-2015)
Old 07-21-2015, 07:01 PM
Received 995 Likes on 727 Posts
Tint, 06 OEM projector headlights, z-tube and K&N drop in filter, md 5/16" spacer, high flow cats, uprev tune. That is the exact order of mods in order you should do.

Also anywhere in there, I very very highly suggest a full detail. I mean wash, clay, polish, and glass coat. If you get Modesta, Cquartz finest, Opticoat Pro, or Gtechniq Crystal sealant, you will be good for 3-5 years. Finish the interior with a leathique treathment and steaming. It will take years off the car and make it feel new again.

Blakelyg35 (07-24-2015)
Old 08-05-2015, 10:12 AM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Beware of after market projector headlights! Looking on our Marketplace anyone that sells VERTICAL DOOR KITS can't be trusted to sell you quality headlights you'll be satisfied with!
Gary

Old 08-05-2015, 10:41 AM
Received 45 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by WhosUrBuddiee
Tint, 06 OEM projector headlights, z-tube and K&N drop in filter, md 5/16" spacer, high flow cats, uprev tune. That is the exact order of mods in order you should do.

Also anywhere in there, I very very highly suggest a full detail. I mean wash, clay, polish, and glass coat. If you get Modesta, Cquartz finest, Opticoat Pro, or Gtechniq Crystal sealant, you will be good for 3-5 years. Finish the interior with a leathique treathment and steaming. It will take years off the car and make it feel new again.
This is pretty good gouge. Though, depending on how much you drive at night, you could slide the 06 OEM headlights to the right. I want them, but I polished my 05 headlights and put is some really good Philips Extreme bulbs (HID lo and fog/hi) and I'm happy with their performance for much less than would have paid for a good, used set of 06 headlights. Still want them, though.

And I like detailing my car every weekend, so I prefer not to use the super hard sealant treatments. Detailing my car outside my garage with my tunes playing while drinking a beer is my favorite hobby.

Old 08-05-2015, 12:23 PM
Received 130 Likes on 125 Posts
In the direct sunlight...?

Urbanengineer (08-05-2015)
Old 08-05-2015, 05:46 PM
Originally Posted by VenomGT9
In the direct sunlight...?
Hell no, my driveway is on the east side of a two story house. I never detail a car in direct sunlight, that's crazy talk. In the afternoon, I have tons of shade. Also have a huge shade tree off to the side of the driveway, so I have shade from about 1100-1400 from the tree. Always park in the garage, so the tree is just for shade during detailing. Trees have birds... birds poo... Hatch kill birds...

Old 08-05-2015, 06:06 PM
You realize you can still detail with a nano sealant right? I still have mine waxed every month.

Old 08-05-2015, 09:46 PM
You realize you can still detail with a nano sealant right? I still have mine waxed every month.
Sure you can, but the wax won't stick to it. That's the point, nothing sticks to it. It will look great until a wash or two, and then all the wax is gone, as it's supposed to if the nano sealant is any good. I usually use a spray wax as a last step product on every detail, so that's fine.

I have done many nano coatings before, and when I move back to Florida, the land of the Love Bugs, I'll start doing it again, but it's hard to get a nano coating to have the depth and warmth and shine of a good wax job. That's why some detail shops put down 4 coats of that expensive nano trying to get that deep, lustrous waxed look.

I know some guys that paid $700 just to have their wheels coated. Too rich for my blood.

Anyway, off topic, back to upgrades...

Old 08-05-2015, 10:10 PM
Huh? Of course wax adheres to it. What garbage wax are you using?

Also many high end glass coats have amazing shine. All you are use to is cheap sealants like Mezerna or Blackfire. Modesta MD-05 or Opticoat Pro will out shine most waxes. Yes it can get a little expensive. I paid about 1800 per car to get coated, but they easily last 3-5 years. Also it is very hydrophobic than a wax couldn't ever touch.

Modesta sealant

Local guys Z with Modesta sealant

Last edited by WhosUrBuddiee; 08-05-2015 at 10:18 PM.
Old 08-06-2015, 07:01 AM
Huh? Of course wax adheres to it. What garbage wax are you using?

Also many high end glass coats have amazing shine. All you are use to is cheap sealants like Mezerna or Blackfire. Modesta MD-05 or Opticoat Pro will out shine most waxes. Yes it can get a little expensive. I paid about 1800 per car to get coated, but they easily last 3-5 years. Also it is very hydrophobic than a wax couldn't ever touch.

Modesta sealant
LOL, there is no way I'm spending $1800 for a coating job. For that much money, yes, it had better shine like the sun and the car better never get dirty.

The point is, coatings are made so dirt/tar/brake dust/anything won't stick to them. A wax laid on top of this supper slick surface is not going to last for long either. Don't get me wrong, you can put it on, you can wax the snot out of it, it just won't last but a few washes or a good rain storm. Modesta shines so well, it doesn't matter.

Besides, Modesta is designed for rich ****ers to relieve them of the chore of waxing and polishing for years. I don't want that, and I ain't rich.

My point is, **** don't stick to slick.

Anyway, off topic, sorry. Back to our regularly scheduled program...

Old 08-06-2015, 07:11 AM
Received 130 Likes on 125 Posts
In other news, OP doesn't want to play the forum game anymore

Old 08-06-2015, 08:43 AM
Originally Posted by Hatchman
LOL, there is no way I'm spending $1800 for a coating job. For that much money, yes, it had better shine like the sun and the car better never get dirty.

The point is, coatings are made so dirt/tar/brake dust/anything won't stick to them. A wax laid on top of this supper slick surface is not going to last for long either. Don't get me wrong, you can put it on, you can wax the snot out of it, it just won't last but a few washes or a good rain storm. Modesta shines so well, it doesn't matter.

Besides, Modesta is designed for rich ****ers to relieve them of the chore of waxing and polishing for years. I don't want that, and I ain't rich.

My point is, **** don't stick to slick.

Anyway, off topic, sorry. Back to our regularly scheduled program...
Again kiddo. Both my cars have glass coats and both are waxed every month, wax has ZERO problem adhering and lasting on either through rain and washes. Stop saying BS lines like sealant doesnt shine or wax wont stick. Unless you are only referring to garbage autozone products like Meguiars, your statements are dead wrong. Also sealant are not just so bugs/dirt doesnt stick. It's main purpose is paint protection mainly from UV and contaminants embedded in the clear coat. Also sealants provide the best temperature protection. BC-06 can withstand up to 2k degrees to protect wheels from brake dust and contaminants.

No Modesta, Cquartz, Opticoat are not designed for rich people. They are designed to be the best and for people who care enough about their cars to want the best.

Feel free to get back on topic, just stop spouting BS.

Last edited by WhosUrBuddiee; 08-06-2015 at 08:51 AM.
Old 08-06-2015, 09:21 AM
Received 75 Likes on 74 Posts
Buddie, care to list off a few of your favorite products for when I'm back on the road? I've never gone to high end waxes before but now that I got a new job... (Or you can tell me to search lol, but I would like your opinion)

OP if I was to do it again I would go right for FI. Skip the mods to get air in, just go right for exhaust. Best bang for your buck. You can waste a lot of time doing NA mods while drooling over FI guys #'s. Unless you're looking to make noise and be +40HP (maybe) after spending $5000, it's your best bet. I'm just saying I got a lot of tickets for noise, speeding, etc. and my car wasn't even fast with every bolt on you are thinking about buying for premo price. 13.9 quarter, 4.75 0-60. $7500 spent on parts alone just about.

Used vortech- $3500
Tune-$1000
Test pipes, Y and catback $1250
Injectors used $350
Fuel pump $100

Roughly $6500 spent if you can turn a wrench.

Aaaaand you'd be looking at 400WHP, 12.5 quarter, 4.25 0-60 if AT, quicker if MT.

Us guys here (not so much me) have been through it all before. Don't tick them off!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Upgrade Suggestion?