G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   Media Share G35 Sedan V35 (https://g35driver.com/forums/media-share-g35-sedan-v35-308/)
-   -   2004 G35 Sedan Matte Black Wrap (https://g35driver.com/forums/media-share-g35-sedan-v35/443960-2004-g35-sedan-matte-black-wrap.html)

LilAnt 09-16-2014 07:53 PM

2004 G35 Sedan Matte Black Wrap

5 Attachment(s)
Just got my G35 wrapped matte black with 3m 1080 film of course.

Attachment 169474

Attachment 169475

Attachment 169476

Heres what I have on it
-Spyder HID 8000K Headlights
-Blacked out sidemarkers
-B Magic Wondrous Body Kit
-Stock Rims w/ black plastidip on them
-Matte Black full body wrap (3m 1080)

All i need now is to throw on some real rims :DOMO:

I went for the blacked out murder look for my car. My original color was white letme hear your inputs.

EDIT (MORE PICTURES):

Attachment 169477

Attachment 169478

Lartytiejdke3 09-16-2014 08:59 PM

Fuk me
this ones a rough one to take in
From the dip peeling off the "rims" , to the side skirts that flow with 0 parts of the car.

I'd lose the headlights, dip, eBay lights before I worried about "rims"

As it stands now it looks like a $700 car

LilAnt 09-16-2014 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by jerseytaylor (Post 6940187)
Fuk me
this ones a rough one to take in
From the dip peeling off the "rims" , to the side skirts that flow with 0 parts of the car.

I'd lose the headlights, dip, eBay lights before I worried about "rims"

As it stands now it looks like a $700 car

When i got new wheels they fuked up the plasti-dip I originally did. Yes, they changed the wheels recently and yes from it looks shitty. That is why i want to just buy black rims and get rid of the crap I currently have. The Headlights? Why would I buy eBay lights these are Spyder.

Lartytiejdke3 09-16-2014 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by LilAnt (Post 6940190)
When i got new wheels they fuked up the plasti-dip I originally did. Yes, they changed the wheels recently and yes from it looks shitty. That is why i want to just buy black rims and get rid of the crap I currently have. The Headlights? Why would I buy eBay lights these are Spyder.

"spyder" doesn't mean shitt my man. They're about the same quality as eBay lights with a cute name that give people the allusion they are buying "name brand" headlights lol

Urbanengineer 09-16-2014 09:23 PM

He is just rudely recommending you use the standard projectors on the 2005-2006 sedan. They look amazing stock and give the best output. These are factory HID Bi-Xenons. It looks like you did a good job wrapping the car. It's not too common to do a wrap here on the forums as everyone here, like myself, are paint guys. Keeping on keeping on dude.

Edit: I've come far here, but sedans just have HIDs. Which are plenty good enough. Go with those on factory light.

Urbanengineer 09-16-2014 09:25 PM

Wrap door handles and upper chrome?

Lartytiejdke3 09-16-2014 09:26 PM

And urby is rudely recommending you use an OEM part that never existed lol
No v35 sedan comes with jectors. Only choice is to retrofit them in.
That's where you'll get the best output

LilAnt 09-16-2014 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by jerseytaylor (Post 6940193)
"spyder" doesn't mean shitt my man. They're about the same quality as eBay lights with a cute name that give people the allusion they are buying "name brand" headlights lol

So I'm guessing you're not a fan of Matte colors / wraps either? I'm just talking to you person to person I don't get why you gotta go in on me. No need to be rude and aggressive. This is my first car and I'm only 18. Matte Wraps are popular among my age group. I bought this car and did everything with my own money. This car is hot for me not a lot of kiddies got this car.

LilAnt 09-16-2014 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by Urbanengineer (Post 6940198)
Wrap door handles and upper chrome?

I was thinking of doing that but I decided to keep them chrome for two reasons.

1) Door handles are probably one of the most active parts where people will interfere / constantly touch. So, rather them get worn down and start to loose adhesive and peel, I just left them alone.

2) I feel like now if I got blacked out rims with chrome thinly lining around the outer edge of the rim it will make everything fall together and hopefully look a bit cleaner.

Lartytiejdke3 09-16-2014 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by LilAnt (Post 6940201)
So I'm guessing you're not a fan of Matte colors / wraps either? I'm just talking to you person to person I don't get why you gotta go in on me. No need to be rude and aggressive. This is my first car and I'm only 18. Matte Wraps are popular among my age group. I bought this car and did everything with my own money. This car is hot for me not a lot of kiddies got this car.

trust me I was able to guess your age lol...
But I'm not going in on you? Slightly homosexual innuendo but anyways. No hate or bashing man lol
All is well.
When you ask for opinions in your first thread, opinions are what you'll get.

And actually, unfortunately, and disappointingly, a lot of kiddies have g35s...

LilAnt 09-16-2014 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by jerseytaylor (Post 6940205)
trust me I was able to guess your age lol...
But I'm not going in on you? Slightly homosexual innuendo but anyways. No hate or bashing man lol
All is well.
When you ask for opinions in your first thread, opinions are what you'll get.

And actually, unfortunately, and disappointingly, a lot of kiddies have g35s...

Recommendation for rims?

Lartytiejdke3 09-16-2014 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by LilAnt (Post 6940212)
Recommendation for rims?

honestly?
It seems you're on a low budget-and that's understandable. You want black wheels? OEM 19" rays are forged and look very clean and can be powercoated black and you can get a polished lip-just like you wanted.
The obvious recommendations here are your well made wheels such as volk, work, ssr you get the point. But that may not be in the near future money wise for you.
Id advise not cheaping out on wheels. Guys in your boat drop almost $1500 for knockoff wheels like xxr or varrstoens. You can pick up a set of OEM rays for half that usually with tires and have a very clean and solid wheel.

Or, focus on a drop and save your money towards a well made wheel. Be patient. No need to waste money on fake parts because you're in a rush to mod. Btw, that'll be another sure way to set yourself apart from the "kiddies" you know. They all run shitty fake parts. Be different.

Lartytiejdke3 09-16-2014 10:17 PM

Btw check out some of the sedans on here for inspiration. You could spend hours in their progress threads. Lotta goodies and plenty to learn.

thegreatkwijibo 09-17-2014 12:17 AM

^or look into enkei wheels they can be had for a decent price, and are available in a variety of widths and offsets. I'm personally not a fan of wraps, and especially not a fan of matte colors, but if you like it have at it. and for an inspirational build thread check out this one.
https://g35driver.com/forums/media-s...on-thread.html

Gimpin 09-17-2014 08:39 AM

the chrome looks off. I'm not a fan of matte black on very many cars. IMO matte black looks good on some of the high end super cars (these usually have no chrome bits). I do like the looks of matte red or matte green (army green) with gold wheels on both ... never seen it on a G though so not sure how it would look