My greddy twin turbo awd g35x build

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-30-2016, 04:23 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 105 Likes on 100 Posts
Originally Posted by drifterxG
Thanks VMRWheels! You got it right..that shot was of me and Vivek's Lexus SC in front of the power plant on PCH. I always wanted to shoot my car there, so I made it one of our quick stops to shoot. haha
Right on! I travel between Newport and HB all the time, have always wanted to do a shoot in the parking lot on the beach side with the plant in the background but haven't really got around to it/don't know how it'd come out with my limited light painting skills, haha. Cool to stumble across someone else who thought the same (and actually did it!).

In either case, won't yank yer thread too far off topic, keep up the awesome work with the car (and don't hesitate to reach out if you're ever interested in swapping out the rollers to try out a flow-formed monoblock look, would love to take care of you )

The following users liked this post:
drifterxG (03-31-2016)
Old 05-12-2016, 04:42 PM
Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

G getting VIP treatment to paint and wheels...high-end car detailing = my new hobby

G getting VIP treatment to paint and wheels...high-end car detailing = my new hobby

with @rjayblayz

with @rjayblayz

with none other...Vivek Baid #BAIDPOLISH

with none other...Vivek Baid #BAIDPOLISH

Old 05-12-2016, 06:46 PM
Received 193 Likes on 172 Posts
Beautiful simply beautiful

drifterxG (05-12-2016)
Old 05-13-2016, 10:42 AM
Received 75 Likes on 74 Posts
At least you took the bike off before you parked in the handicap spot! Loving that pic, new desktop background...

drifterxG (05-13-2016)
Old 05-13-2016, 11:01 AM
Also... I have some questions for you!

Where'd you get your front bumper lip and rear carbon trunk lip?

I'm in the middle of repainting my car and re-mounting my Kurookie a bit better. How did you mount yours up?

Old 05-13-2016, 11:23 AM
Originally Posted by yosip1115
At least you took the bike off before you parked in the handicap spot! Loving that pic, new desktop background...
haha...I didn't realize it was handicapped until I started snapping pics.

Also... I have some questions for you!

Where'd you get your front bumper lip and rear carbon trunk lip?

I'm in the middle of repainting my car and re-mounting my Kurookie a bit better. How did you mount yours up?
I made my own temporary lip for now..using that home depot garage weather strip. lol
My carbon splitter broke earlier this year going down a steep slope.
My rear lip is custom. You can find similar ones, but a little shorter on eBay. (M3 style)

I need to redo my KuRookie front bumper too. I'm going to fix the minor cracks and re-fiberglass it...add a little CF strips in places that flex to strengthen it. Sometimes I hate the fact there isn't a polyurethane version available yet.

Let me know when you post new pics!

Old 05-13-2016, 04:38 PM
haha...I didn't realize it was handicapped until I started snapping pics.

I made my own temporary lip for now..using that home depot garage weather strip. lol
My carbon splitter broke earlier this year going down a steep slope.
My rear lip is custom. You can find similar ones, but a little shorter on eBay. (M3 style)

I need to redo my KuRookie front bumper too. I'm going to fix the minor cracks and re-fiberglass it...add a little CF strips in places that flex to strengthen it. Sometimes I hate the fact there isn't a polyurethane version available yet.

Let me know when you post new pics!
ah man, that stinks. I was hoping there was a company that supplied those lips in carbon off the shelf. They look good for DIY!

It's terrible that it isn't offered in poly. I heard it was because it would sag... but they have the same style for the coupes in poly so I'm not positive that is entirely true.

I'm going to try mounting some quick connect bumper elastic things on the inside of the bumper and fender so I can reach under there from the bay to unhook the bumper... I think it will work out. I'm learning so many new skills that I hate already; fiberglassing, polyester puddying, etc. So much fun hahaha. If this bumper mounting strategy is successful I'll show you what I did. It should be very easy to replicate.

Old 05-13-2016, 04:56 PM
ah man, that stinks. I was hoping there was a company that supplied those lips in carbon off the shelf. They look good for DIY!

It's terrible that it isn't offered in poly. I heard it was because it would sag... but they have the same style for the coupes in poly so I'm not positive that is entirely true.

I'm going to try mounting some quick connect bumper elastic things on the inside of the bumper and fender so I can reach under there from the bay to unhook the bumper... I think it will work out. I'm learning so many new skills that I hate already; fiberglassing, polyester puddying, etc. So much fun hahaha. If this bumper mounting strategy is successful I'll show you what I did. It should be very easy to replicate.
I'm starting to hate having to learn all of these new trades too. lol Costing me $$$ in tools.
My only fear with those bumper clips with rubberbands is drilling a hole into fender and having hardware look ugly. If you can replicate this, that's something I'm looking into doing too:

I think I found a company to buy the hardware from:

http://moveoverracing.ca/

Old 05-13-2016, 05:03 PM
With our cars any piece of hardware on the exterior looks very Tacky in my opinion. We can't pull it off like they can. Since I did a marker light delete by filling in the area with fiberglass I have some wiggle room. There are a few places on the inside of the fender that we can mount the Quick Connect circles without the hardware poking out visibly. I got to be very familiar with the fender because I just replaced one unfortunately

Old 05-17-2016, 04:42 PM
Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts
LOL

Man I love this sedan
Amazing build

drifterxG (06-13-2016)
Old 06-23-2016, 01:54 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How does the awd react with the twin turbo setup?

Old 06-23-2016, 09:51 AM
Originally Posted by Blue_Angel
He actually changes his T case monthly

JK haha

Old 06-27-2016, 02:01 PM
Originally Posted by Blue_Angel
AWD holding up so far. haha

Sometimes I wish I took the extra ***** to do 6MT RWD swap like yosip did.

The guys at GReddy Performance were surprised it was AWD.

Old 06-27-2016, 03:12 PM
The Greddy decal looks really freakin sweet. If you ever want paddle shifters... I have a full OEM swap kit waiting including trim and wiring.

drifterxG (06-27-2016)
Old 06-28-2016, 01:31 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
AWD holding up so far. haha

Sometimes I wish I took the extra ***** to do 6MT RWD swap like yosip did.

The guys at GReddy Performance were surprised it was AWD.

I'm a fabricator by trade, I was going to jump out the window and try to do the R32 GTR all-wheel-drive five speed trans, just a little FYI F160A is the front LSD part type which is the same as The R35 front LSD

tiguy99 (07-04-2016)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: My greddy twin turbo awd g35x build