Media Share V36 Sedan 2007 +Sedan Pictures

Pics Of 2nd Gen Sedans With Aftermarket Rims!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-11-2007, 01:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well... I was hoping to be posting pics of my car with the new rims on it (pre-lowered) but, they came with the wrong size wheels on it. I didn't leave them on or even bother to snap a picture, it looked terrible. I am going to try and get it situated in the coming days...

The wheels look great!! The front tires might work, I am not sure if I am going to bump up on those or not.

My wheels are:
19x9.5 40mm offset rears
19x8.5 40mm offset front

The tires the sent are:
265/30/19 on the rear
235/35/19 on the front

I think I need (please help!!!):
275/35/19 on the rear
235/35/19 OR 245/35/19 on the front

Thanks!

Old 02-11-2007, 09:55 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
What brand/style are the 10-spoke wheels in the posts on this thread?

I'm looking to get rims for my '07 Sedan Sport, but do not know what to get that will not rub and without lowering the car. The wheels on the BO look great in the pics.

Old 03-08-2007, 02:48 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ok, since as terrycs pointed out here , the sticky thread should be for pics only...so i figured i'd bump this one to continue the coversation. plus, i am really curious to see what marcel's car looks like dropped, so hopefully he'll come in soon to update us.

terrycs, i appreciate your response, but i am still looking for some more info. here's the question from my post in the other thread as straight-forward as possible:

ignoring tires completely, how do two different wheels with the exact same dimensions (20x10 40mm offset) stick out a different amount from the same car?

for reference, the two cars in question are here and here

i thought i understood this stuff and it was ultimately the offset that determined how far a wheel stuck out from a car, but that is apparently not the case.

thanks!!

Old 03-08-2007, 03:53 PM

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by XXeR
ok, since as terrycs pointed out here , the sticky thread should be for pics only...so i figured i'd bump this one to continue the coversation. plus, i am really curious to see what marcel's car looks like dropped, so hopefully he'll come in soon to update us.

terrycs, i appreciate your response, but i am still looking for some more info. here's the question from my post in the other thread as straight-forward as possible:

ignoring tires completely, how do two different wheels with the exact same dimensions (20x10 40mm offset) stick out a different amount from the same car?

for reference, the two cars in question are here and here

i thought i understood this stuff and it was ultimately the offset that determined how far a wheel stuck out from a car, but that is apparently not the case.

thanks!!
Interesting … if both cars are exactly the same and they are both using the same width and offset, they really should sit the same on the car.

Also keep in mind, lowering the car changes things too. When lowered, there will be more camber so the tops of the tires will “tuck in” more under the fender more than on a non-lowered car. I suspect that if the car is lowered AND a camber kit is used to bring the bottom of the tire in, the required offset would be less. Now for the guys that have done camber kits, does that mean the tire will rub the fender if the car is jacked up?

Finally, the brake rotors also have an impact the offset requirement.

Old 03-24-2007, 12:41 AM

This thread has been quiet for a while so I thought I would add something. I've been scouring this site to get some data on wheels/tires/offsets because I've been researching for my own. I've put together a spreadsheet that may be helpful. If there are errors or missing data, please let me know and I'll fix it. And please don't be offended if I didn't include your car, but I was looking for +1 and +2 diameters.

Marcel ... have you lowered your car yet? By looking at this data, I think I'll be the first to say that your 10" really might fit in the rear. It's already been done, but I don't know what size tires you have. I've emailed dbaquiran and got a reply back saying he had no clearance issues with the car loaded. It appears the IRS in the back moves the tires inboard as the car is lowered.

In one of Hikos_G posts, he mentioned he has about 3/4" clearance on the inside with his 9.5". Going to a 10" will move the wheel inboard 1/2", but the offset should be reduced 1/4" to keep the tire flush to fender. If I did the math right based on Hikos_G 43mm offset (the biggest I found), a 37mm offset would bring the outside of a 10" wheel to the same location a Hikos_G car. A 40mm offset should be 3mm further out, but will still fit according to dbaquiran and will give you more clearance on the inboard side. And if you wanted to go with a 285 in back, you may be able to do so with a 35mm offset. I think we are getting close to the magic number. Can someone please verify my calculations?

EDIT: error found in calculations - see post 282 and 284.

Data:
Name:  wheels.jpg
Views: 181
Size:  139.5 KB

Last edited by terrycs; 03-24-2007 at 12:19 PM.
Old 03-24-2007, 12:51 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Great Work Terrycs! Love that you made all this info into a nice Spreadsheat! Now I will have refrence to the offsets etc...when I am ready to get rims for my G! Think I'll be going with 20's! So this is great Info! Thank's for putting this up!

Oh by the way, have you heard anything from Eibach yet about the Camber Kits? Did they make it yet? Just curious, as I may be getting the Eibach's maybe in April

Old 03-24-2007, 01:05 AM

Originally Posted by 808MIKE
Great Work Terrycs! Love that you made all this info into a nice Spreadsheat! Now I will have refrence to the offsets etc...when I am ready to get rims for my G! Think I'll be going with 20's! So this is great Info! Thank's for putting this up!

Oh by the way, have you heard anything from Eibach yet about the Camber Kits? Did they make it yet? Just curious, as I may be getting the Eibach's maybe in April
I haven't heard anything yet. But I did learn something new today at work (yea, yea ... I had some free time). I talked to an alignment tech and discussed my situation with him and gave him my alignment results.

The first thing he asked me was hard did they try to get the alignment back in. He said that by playing around with the tolerances in the suspension, I should be able to get it closer if not within spec. Things like lossening up the top strut bolts and pulling the strut out all the way before re-tightening them for example.

I haven't had a chance to talk to Eibach to ask if their tech did all this. If they didn't, we might be onto something.

Old 03-24-2007, 01:11 AM
Hey,
I saw my name on it.. heheheh.. anyway the offset for the g35c is 35 front and 40 rear.

Old 03-24-2007, 01:22 AM

Originally Posted by koyoki
Hey,
I saw my name on it.. heheheh.. anyway the offset for the g35c is 35 front and 40 rear.
Thanks man ... how about tire/rim sizes? I'm to lazy to look them up in the coupe forums.

Also tire size for the FX wheels you had on?

Old 03-24-2007, 04:03 AM
Holy cow terry... You are a man on a mission! Great compilation of info man! You must be an engineer or something...

Old 03-24-2007, 08:51 AM
I don't think dbaquiran is posting the right offset on his rears. 10" with +40 offset would stick out 6mm more than my 9.5" with +40.

http://www.1010tires.com/WheelOffsetCalculator.asp

We are both dropped about the same about and there's no way he's out 6mm more than I am.

Nice chart terrycs! Very nice!

Old 03-24-2007, 10:26 AM
Originally Posted by terrycs

In one of Hikos_G posts, he mentioned he has about 3/4" clearance on the inside with his 9.5". Going to a 10" will move the wheel inboard 1/2", but the offset should be reduced 1/4" to keep the tire flush to fender. If I did the math right based on Hikos_G 43mm offset (the biggest I found), a 37mm offset would bring the outside of a 10" wheel to the same location a Hikos_G car. A 40mm offset should be 3mm further out, but will still fit according to dbaquiran and will give you more clearance on the inboard side. And if you wanted to go with a 285 in back, you may be able to do so with a 35mm offset. I think we are getting close to the magic number. Can someone please verify my calculations?
It looks like you have your math backwards. If you put a 10" wheel with a 37mm offset on, the Outside edge of the wheel will stick out 12mm more than Hikos' 9.5" +43mm wheels. The inside clearance will be the same.

If you compare a 10" +35mm wheel to Railgunner's 9.5" +40mm wheels (which looks to be the lowest offset one should go for and still be flush after lowering) - you will stick out and extra 11mm.

IMO 10" +40mm wheels are too big for the car. You can lower the car a lot and run maximum neg camber to tuck the wheels in - but it still seems like your pushing it. A 10" +35 wheel would stick out from the car a little bit no matter what. A 10" +45 wheel would seem to be ideal as far as lining up with the edge of the car - I don't know about clearance issues on the inside though. You would have 8mm less clearance inside when compared to Hikos.

Old 03-24-2007, 10:45 AM
Originally Posted by Hikos_G
Hey All!

Been a member from about a month ago and have been reading up on all the new experiences, discoveries and joys of all the new '07 G drivers! Let me start by saying that this is a great forum with a lot of great members and helpful and friendly people. I love this place and I'm glad to be a part of it!

Wasn't really sure of how to post my first intro but this thread topic seemed to jump out at me as the perfect opportunity to introduce myself as well as contribute something useful to the forum.

So, without further delay... pics of my '07 G with 20's. Looking forward to being a part of this ever growing brother/sisterhood of G-Drivers!!

1 of my favorite sedan pics!

Old 03-24-2007, 12:12 PM

As the great philosopher Homer once said …. DOH!

Thanks shaneotool for pointing out my error.

From the data, the 40mm offset is the furthest out anyone has placed a 10” without rubbing.

In trying to figure out what the range is, we again use Hikos_Gs car which moves the wheel 3mm inboard, but with a 9.5”

If Hikos_G added a ½” more rim to a 10”, it would have gone in an additional 13mm while keeping the wheel flush with fender. So what would be the offset? It would have to INCREASE by ¼” or 6.4mm (7mm to be safe from fender rubbing).

So if I did the math right this time, the offset for Hikos_Gs 10” wheel should be 47mm.

That would make the range 40mm - 47mm for a 10" wheel.

shaneotool ... I think 8mm (.3") less inside clearance would still work, based on Hikos_Gs post, thinking he had about .75" clearance on the inside.

Last edited by terrycs; 03-24-2007 at 12:16 PM.
Old 03-24-2007, 08:50 PM
Originally Posted by terrycs
As the great philosopher Homer once said …. DOH!

Thanks shaneotool for pointing out my error.

From the data, the 40mm offset is the furthest out anyone has placed a 10” without rubbing.

In trying to figure out what the range is, we again use Hikos_Gs car which moves the wheel 3mm inboard, but with a 9.5”

If Hikos_G added a ½” more rim to a 10”, it would have gone in an additional 13mm while keeping the wheel flush with fender. So what would be the offset? It would have to INCREASE by ¼” or 6.4mm (7mm to be safe from fender rubbing).

So if I did the math right this time, the offset for Hikos_Gs 10” wheel should be 47mm.

That would make the range 40mm - 47mm for a 10" wheel.

shaneotool ... I think 8mm (.3") less inside clearance would still work, based on Hikos_Gs post, thinking he had about .75" clearance on the inside.
According to the offset calculator linked by railgunner a few posts up, to get a 10" wheel to sit as flush to the outside of the car as Hikos' 9.5 +43, you would need a +49 offset. You would get 12mm less inside clearance though.

Seems like the most trouble free way to do it is to use a 9.5" wide wheel with an offset between +40 and +45 and 275 tires.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Pics Of 2nd Gen Sedans With Aftermarket Rims!