Midwestern Serving CO, IA, IL, IN, KS, MI, MN, MO, MT, ND, NE, OH, SD, UT, WI, WY

KC G's

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-01-2003, 08:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: KC G's

Actually, they treated me very well. I never dealt with a salesman. It just happened that from my first visit, I dealt directly with the sales manager (Ed). He called me often throughout my 4 month wait.

I have not dealt with the service department yet.

Old 04-01-2003, 09:08 AM

Well they weren't very honest with us. They told us $1000 off MSRP if we ordered the car or $500 off MSRP if we took one from inventory or they got one in for us. So we said we wanted one right away, get one from another dealer. They hemmed and hawed and then tried to tell us the only car available was in LA and it would take $2500 to get it to KC, meanwhile the exact car we wanted was in St. Louis at Plaza Infiniti. They also ticked off my wife because they tried to tack on a $99 paperwork fee, we said NO WAY, take that off the price and we'll close the deal, they wouldn't lower the price of the car $99 to account for the paperwork fee so we walked on the deal and went directly to Plaza in St. Louis instead. Although Plaza also had a paperwork fee they had no problem not charging it when we asked.

Basically Major lost a car sale over $99 and attitude. I'm sure if you walked in and said "order me a car" and paid full MSRP they were more than happy to take your money.

I've talked to several people in our car club and few have had anything good to say about Major, evidently they go through a lot of sales people as well. I know our would-be sales guy works over in service now.

Old 04-02-2003, 11:08 PM

I bought mine from Major as well. First I emailed them about a car and then ended up talking to Randy Griffith and bought the car through him. The car I wanted was on hold so I waited for the deal to fall through which took about a month. I don't know if he was the typical Major Infiniti salesman or not but when I met him he had only been there a week or two coming from a Nissan dealer. Needless to say all went smooth and plan on getting my next car from him.

Old 04-03-2003, 01:57 PM

I did pay MSRP, but they did drop the paperwork fee. You got me!

Old 04-03-2003, 02:44 PM

Well I'm sure they'd drop the paperwork fee for someone paying MSRP, but we weren't willing to pay MSRP and didn't (albeit at another dealership).

I wonder if they got a little more pliable on their paperwork fee after I brought our car over to show our salesperson and showed him how we bought elsewhere after they pissed us off over $99.

We bought our FX45 elsewhere too, basically they lost out on about 90K this year...

Old 04-03-2003, 04:01 PM

Which dealership did you use? I'll try them next time.

Old 04-24-2003, 08:24 PM

Hi, All
I'm up here north of the river. My Dimond Graphite G35 S.C. is to be here the first of June. I ordered it from Major. The post about them has me wondering if that was the best thing now. I tried my best to get them to come off some moneys from the price , but they weren't having any of it. I guess I'll work on the paperwork and extended warranty cost. Thinking ahead a ways, I'm wondering if any of you are truley interested in real high performance driving. Not just stop light and dragstrip stuff, but a day of solo driving on a real roadcourse track. I'm a former motorcycle roadracer and one of the tracks I used to race at has events that streetcar owners(and a passenger if you could find one) are allowed five 15-minute sessions on the track with there street car and only basic equipment for $110.00. Believe me this is an outstanding bargin. It's in north central Oklahoma and called Hallet Raceway Park.

Old 04-25-2003, 01:12 AM

I just bought my G from Major a couple weeks ago, and also had a good experience. I dealt with George, a friendly no-BS guy, and he and Ed got me what I wanted at the price I needed. I ended up paying about $1000 under MSRP out the door including the paperwork fee, title, and 7.3% sales tax. They also got a me a great loan rate of 3.6%. I couldn't be happier!

Hopefully their service department provides the same level of service as everyone else I've dealt with. I do like that their oil changes are only $30 and that includes a wash and vacuum.

Best of luck on your purchase, I'm sure you'll love the G!

---
6MT Sedan, Brilliant Silver, Aero/Premium/Winter

Old 04-25-2003, 11:26 AM

I race at Heartland Park and Mid America and Hallet, and I still think HPT is the best overall track, although portions of Hallet are lots of fun.

Weather permitting I will be at HPT this weekend so come to Topeka if you have nothing better to do.

Extended warranties usually aren't worth it. You don't get it from Infiniti, Infiniti gets it from a 3rd party, you can get it from these same 3rd parties for less (No dealer markup)

Several dealerships across the country are starting to come off MSRP on G35 coupes, but it depends on finding the right dealer with the right car at the right price.

As I said, they were willing to take $1000 off MSRP at Major if we had ordered and $500 off MSRP from one on the lot, so don't let them stick you with MSRP now. No reason. Cancel your order get your deposit back and go elsewhere.

Old 04-25-2003, 07:12 PM

Thanks alot for the feedback on Major. I've got a guy coming in town to buy my Charger, so this weekend is tied up. What do you race.

Old 06-07-2003, 02:34 PM

Just got mine Thursday bought the one that was in the KC Star. Had 5k on it but I saved $5k also seems fair to me. I seen someone in a DG coupe driving by on the Plaza this morning any of you guy guys on here. By the way is anyone watching this thread anymore, haven't seen any activity for a while.

Old 06-08-2003, 10:41 PM

I check the midwest forum when I here to see if anything new was posted. Sounds like you got yourself a good deal on that. Was it a coupe or sedan? I think I am the only base sedan around here and have yet to see another sedan with tint, I am sure they are out there I just haven't seen any yet.

best ET: 14.730 @ 96.14mph

Old 06-10-2003, 08:07 PM

Mine is a Deasert Plat. / Willow int., 6mt Coupe with Navg., Prem pkg., and Aero pkg.. I really wasn't that impressed till I took it out to the local two lane twisties. They are truley worth the money if you like very spirited driving.

Old 06-11-2003, 08:35 PM

Yeah def. fun in the twisties and way too easy to get the rear end out for my spirited driving. I am waiting for KYB to come out with shocks so I can lower the car right.

best ET: 14.730 @ 96.14mph

Old 06-19-2003, 12:13 PM

Hey guys, I'm picking up my car at Major on Friday evening. Kinda not looking foward to the negotiations, but if i end up with the car, it should make for a good weekend.

brian

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.