G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   New Members Check In (https://g35driver.com/forums/new-members-check-451/)
-   -   Remove the Smile From My Face (https://g35driver.com/forums/new-members-check/186400-remove-smile-my-face.html)

balkrane 11-06-2007 03:34 PM

Remove the Smile From My Face

I have been reading this forum for six months (just joined recently) and everything I have read is fairly correct.

I picked up a used 05 G35X Blk/Blk, premium, nav, 24.5K miles. It is everything that you can expect from a ride like this. The only issue is I didn't expect the road skip/hop when driving at highway speeds and hitting some bumps.

A couple questions:

1. How do you get rid of the dealer sticker on the back of the car without hurting the finish? Other dealers do it so there must be a trick.

2. How do you get rid of the number and symbols on the headlight lamp and taillight that the auction house puts on the car?

Thanks to everyone in all the forums for all the free advice and input.

04G35NYC 11-06-2007 06:59 PM

Niiiice, welcome and enjoy your stay.

GForANewMechE 11-06-2007 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by balkrane
I have been reading this forum for six months (just joined recently) and everything I have read is fairly correct.

I picked up a used 05 G35X Blk/Blk, premium, nav, 24.5K miles. It is everything that you can expect from a ride like this. The only issue is I didn't expect the road skip/hop when driving at highway speeds and hitting some bumps.

A couple questions:

1. How do you get rid of the dealer sticker on the back of the car without hurting the finish? Other dealers do it so there must be a trick.

2. How do you get rid of the number and symbols on the headlight lamp and taillight that the auction house puts on the car?

Thanks to everyone in all the forums for all the free advice and input.

I got rid of the dealer stickers on my civic via a heat gun (blow dryer will work too) and my fingernails. Came off easy as pie. When i got done there was a little faint trace of where the letters were but anything should get that off, i think i used a bug/tar remover followed by a quick waxing of the area and i couldn't tell it ever existed.

As for the numbers on the head/tail lights... did they not come off with a washing and some fingernail work? What have you tried? If they become a real issue use Meguires (sp?) PlastiX... its what you use to clean your headlights when they become filmy or gross. Its safe for all plastic (even clear) and works wonders. Do it on your entire headlight to bring out some good-as-new clarity from the lens. Hope that helps!

Oh, and CONGRATS!

O HELLA OEM 11-06-2007 08:52 PM

for the sticker try GOO GONE..i think that might work not sure..but congrats on ure purchase and welcome

Beebo 11-08-2007 06:36 PM

heat up the dealer sticker with a blow dryer.. pull it off slowly and then get the left over glue off with wd40 or GOO GONE

balkrane 11-08-2007 08:08 PM

Thanks. The blow dryer seems to work. Just a little goop left - will try the wd40.

Thanks again.