General Tech Questions This Forum is Only for Questions and Posts that Do Not fit under the other Tech categories.(No Classified Posts)

New to the G family, I Need help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-02-2015, 01:42 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New to the G family, I Need help

Hey everyone I'm new to the club and very excited to be part of this. I need help, i recently purchased a 2003 g35 coupe with 133xxx miles on it. The same day I bought it there was an issue. As I was driving(cruising speed) the car stalled and turned off on me. I restarted it again and kept driving. Then it happenes again a few minutes later and I proceeded to restart it and keep driving. All of a sudden the car starts shaking and smoke came out of the passenger side of the engine. At first I thought it was the brake rotors or something but it couldn't be that. So I let the car cool off and tryed restarting it but it just kept kicking and not starting. So I put coolant in an the car started >>BUT<< White smoke started comming out of the exhaust pipes. I don't know what to do. The guy who's is fixing it said it was the coil pack and spark plugs was the cause is that true please help. What is the real issue here?
How much to fix?
Should I just get rid of the car?

Old 08-02-2015, 01:53 AM
Received 738 Likes on 627 Posts
Yer car's fukced.

Old 08-02-2015, 06:37 AM
Received 193 Likes on 172 Posts
Originally Posted by ScraggleRock
Yer car's fukced.
You have such a way with words. You should be a poet.

First I'd contact the person you brought it from to get some history on the car and let them know what happened. Second, I'd price a used motor just to be safe. If it's a coil pack and plugs, I'd replace them all.

Old 08-02-2015, 08:52 AM
Yer car's fukced.
Am I really can you explain why I'm screwed and do you know what the issue is?

Old 08-02-2015, 09:00 AM
Originally Posted by Mr. Brooks
You have such a way with words. You should be a poet.

First I'd contact the person you brought it from to get some history on the car and let them know what happened. Second, I'd price a used motor just to be safe. If it's a coil pack and plugs, I'd replace them all.
The day after that happened I gave it back to the dealer and he sent the car to the shop to get it fixed. When I bought the car it already came with a after market cold air intake. I wanted to know if what he said is the real issue. I think it's worse than a coil pack and plugs, I don't want to think like that but that's how I see it. Do you know what would be the problem. Thanks

Old 08-02-2015, 02:03 PM
Yer head gasket is done. Yer goose is cooked. Gotta replace motor.

Old 08-02-2015, 04:46 PM
Yer head gasket is done. Yer goose is cooked. Gotta replace motor.
I figured

Old 08-02-2015, 06:20 PM
Received 575 Likes on 502 Posts
WOW! That sucks. Where did you buy your G?

Old 08-02-2015, 07:29 PM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Isn't there like a 72 hour period after purchasing a car if something catastrophic happens (not your fault) you have the right to return it? He was driving his newly purchased car home when it came apart, shouldn't that quality?
Gary

Old 08-02-2015, 08:22 PM
Originally Posted by bluedevils95
WOW! That sucks. Where did you buy your G?
At a used car dealership

Old 08-02-2015, 10:33 PM
Originally Posted by gary c
Isn't there like a 72 hour period after purchasing a car if something catastrophic happens (not your fault) you have the right to return it? He was driving his newly purchased car home when it came apart, shouldn't that quality?
Gary

I don't thin that applies to used cars

Old 08-03-2015, 12:28 AM
Originally Posted by Terry_G35
I don't thin that applies to used cars
It absolutely does. Depending on your state, lemon laws can even apply to private parties. You are not allowed to just unload your problems on someone else for profit. You need to take that car back right away. You did not work hard to collect enough money to waste on a useless hunk of metal and plastic. Go demand they fix it (with a reciept of parts and labor done) or take it back and get your money.

The following users liked this post:
aaron.demming (12-30-2019)
Old 08-20-2015, 12:59 PM
Welp got my car back and I guess it was not a HG issue. All the mechanic did was change my spark plugs, coil packs and some sensor that was not reading the car properly. Car runs smooth the only issue now is when I turn on my A/C a metal rattlein sound comes on and when I turn it off it stops.

Old 08-20-2015, 08:30 PM
Received 29 Likes on 29 Posts
It absolutely does. Depending on your state, lemon laws can even apply to private parties. You are not allowed to just unload your problems on someone else for profit. You need to take that car back right away. You did not work hard to collect enough money to waste on a useless hunk of metal and plastic. Go demand they fix it (with a reciept of parts and labor done) or take it back and get your money.
pretty sure there are no lemon laws for private party sales, esp when the vehicle is sold "As Is".

Dealers may be different.

The following users liked this post:
daisyraven13 (02-02-2022)
Old 08-20-2015, 09:56 PM
Originally Posted by Justice06RR
pretty sure there are no lemon laws for private party sales, esp when the vehicle is sold "As Is".

Dealers may be different.
Yes there are. In CA if you sell someone a car without disclosing known problems, you can be sued. Even if you sold it "as is". Now, I'm not saying it has a warranty, and you won't automatically win a case cuz something goes wrong, but if you, for instance, take out the check engine light bulb cuz it was on, and then sold it as a working car without disclosure (as is or not), you can and will lose a suit brought against you. You can't unload your problems on someone else for a profit.

Now, if the problems were disclosed in the bill of sale, that's different.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New to the G family, I Need help