G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   New Members Check In (https://g35driver.com/forums/new-members-check-451/)
-   -   Future G35 Owner in NW Arkansas (https://g35driver.com/forums/new-members-check/460768-future-g35-owner-nw-arkansas.html)

RealLucky 08-08-2017 12:30 PM

Future G35 Owner in NW Arkansas

5 Attachment(s)
Hello all! I currently own a 2015 Mustang V6 with custom EcoBoost twin turbos. For various reasons, mainly financial, I have decided to sell my car (not sold as of today 8/8/17). After I sell the car, I have a family friend who is selling me her 2006 Lakeshore Slate 6MT G35 Coupe with 69k miles. I highly anticipate getting the car and look forward to modifying the car to my taste. I will be posting pictures on my newly created Instagram account of my progress of selling my Mustang and purchasing and modifying the G35 @lucky_g35. Below are pictures of my current car as well as the G35 I will purchase!

Here is a YouTube link for when my Mustang was reviewed by ThatDudeInBlue:

cleric670 08-08-2017 03:27 PM

You'll probably like the handling of the G a lot more than the mustang, my brother had a 2015 GT and it was pretty amazing how poorly that thing handled and it would completely lose it's composure exiting a corner fast and hard.

RealLucky 08-09-2017 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by cleric670@gmail (Post 7114133)
You'll probably like the handling of the G a lot more than the mustang, my brother had a 2015 GT and it was pretty amazing how poorly that thing handled and it would completely lose it's composure exiting a corner fast and hard.

That's good to hear. Now obviously I will be at a deficiency when it comes to power when swapping to the G35, what are some essential (and inexpensive) mods to increase power? I plan on trying to fabricate my own parts as follows:

Oil catch can
True dual exhaust
Short ram intake

I am possibly thinking of purchasing the Motordyne plenum spacer but my ultimate goal is to spend as little money as possible in aftermarket mods, because I am purchasing this car in order to save money from my current car until I get out of college.

Thoughts, opinions, etc?...

G2B35AGN 08-09-2017 05:10 PM

If you did ALL the bolt ons --easy AND obscure-- you wouldn't even approach the feel of power with the GT. FI is the only way to get there and that's $$$$.

cleric670 08-09-2017 05:38 PM

My opinion is you'll be plenty happy with the vehicle until all those bills are payed off ;)

RealLucky 08-10-2017 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by G2B35AGN (Post 7114273)
If you did ALL the bolt ons --easy AND obscure-- you wouldn't even approach the feel of power with the GT. FI is the only way to get there and that's $$$$.

I am excited about the vehicle, mainly because it is the 6MT and my current car is automatic. I have been doing some research and found that these engines are not very capable of power with NA, just something I will get used to.. :dunno:

cleric670 08-10-2017 12:13 PM

Well... it's a 10 year old vehicle too though, the technology at that time was pretty cutting edge and it made great power (comparatively) during it's reign.

Direct injection and twin independent cam timing with variable lift control was a pretty huge technological leap. For the extra cost difference between a newer fast car and a G with forced induction it's pretty much a wash (if paying to do the work).

The vehicle has a TON of potential and not a lot of cars can say that, plus with all the effort over the decade of racing there is a huge aftermarket support and not many (if any) unanswered questions about all aspects of the car.

RealLucky 08-10-2017 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by cleric670@gmail (Post 7114373)
Well... it's a 10 year old vehicle too though, the technology at that time was pretty cutting edge and it made great power (comparatively) during it's reign.

Direct injection and twin independent cam timing with variable lift control was a pretty huge technological leap. For the extra cost difference between a newer fast car and a G with forced induction it's pretty much a wash (if paying to do the work).

The vehicle has a TON of potential and not a lot of cars can say that, plus with all the effort over the decade of racing there is a huge aftermarket support and not many (if any) unanswered questions about all aspects of the car.

Yes, by no means am I trying to compare the G35 to my 2015 Mustang. Chit, some of the technology in the G, I thought was cutting edge in my 2015 vehicle, like holding a button on the key fob to roll down the windows, etc... Anyways, with hindsight I wish I wouldve purchased the G originally and twin turbo'd it and not my current car. That wouldve had alot more power potential..

cleric670 08-10-2017 05:46 PM

Agree 100% about rolling the windows down with the fob :)

G2B35AGN 08-10-2017 06:57 PM

I like to startle people walking by with the ghost car window trick.