G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   New Members Check In (https://g35driver.com/forums/new-members-check-451/)
-   -   New member in Indy... (https://g35driver.com/forums/new-members-check/466321-new-member-indy.html)

Galo 03-31-2019 01:34 AM

New member in Indy...

Hello all! I'm Galo, and I live in Indy. I purchased a Garnet Fire Pearl '06 6sp Coupe. I will be upgrading to a premier membership soon.
My G35 is not my primary car, that would be my '01 MR2 Spyder. The G35 will be my "other" car. I will drive it more than occasionally, but my Spyder is much too much fun to not drive. When I need a back seat or trunk...OR if I just want to feel the extra power, the "G" will be my go-to vehicle.

I hope to get some pics up in the near future. The car has the Rays 19" wheels, REVup(obviously) engine and RAS. I had the car inspected at Berman's Infiniti of Merrillville (IN) before handing over the money. The car needed new serpentine belts and air filter(both already done, + cleaned the MAF), front-lower LCA bushings(Energy Suspension bushings, now installed) and had a weak battery(was tested again, just to be sure, and it came up ok, but the engine doesn't crank strong, so I'll be checking the grounds).

I am on MR2 Spyder forums and organize car meets in Indiana. I look forward to getting one going for "G's".

A very little about me...I'm 69 years young, retired from the USPS, but work a full time job, due to being human(not going to elaborate...). This job pays for my fun stuff, like my Spyder, my "G", an occasional golf game and the ability to give the grandkids a couple of bucks when they spend the night.

I have been perusing G35Driver for a few weeks, learning a lot, and enjoying the many "nice" people who make up the membership. I've been on car forums since '05, so I have a good understanding of the "rules of engagement(NOT asking questions that have been asked MANY times over)". I'll do my very best to search before asking, I promise.

That's enough for now,it's 1:28AM, and I need to hit the sack. I hope to "meet" many of my new car friends here in the coming days and weeks. Indy has a few Cars and Coffee meet locations, i.e. the Indianapolis Motor Speedway Museum, a location downtown and one on the NW side. Maybe there can be a group of "G cars"!

Again, I'm glad to be here...good night!!!

cleric670 03-31-2019 12:54 PM

Awesome, welcome to the forums.

Galo 03-31-2019 01:10 PM

I thank you! I look forward to my time in/with the car and this forum!

G2B35AGN 03-31-2019 11:03 PM

RAS! Noice! Welcome and look forward to "seeing" you around here. Just drove past Indy today, coincidentally....

Lexpd1145 04-01-2019 06:33 AM

Welcome

Welcome to the forums sir. I have been here a couple weeks and learning a good bit as well. Post us a pic, lets see the new ride.

Charlie

Galo 04-01-2019 04:49 PM

Thank you, gentlemen! I will get some pics up as soon as I do some "learning".

Galo, aka Mark