G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   NorthEast (https://g35driver.com/forums/northeast-38/)
-   -   Pa state inspection help!!!!!!!! (https://g35driver.com/forums/northeast/342447-pa-state-inspection-help.html)

O HELLA OEM 06-28-2010 09:54 PM

Pa state inspection help!!!!!!!!

okie i have to get my car inspected b4 july 1st(yea i know im always last minute haha). well a few months ago i got my bbk installed from a forum member here and after he finished the install my ABS LIGHT, VDC OFF LIGHT, AND SLIP LIGHT all came on. Now my question is will i FAIL my PA STATE INSPECTION b/c of these 3 lights? I mean my brakes work very good no problems at all for past few months ive had them on. I went to my infiniti dealership and they say it might be the speed sensors that are bad? when i left the dealership my ABS AND SLIP lights were off and only my VDC OFF light was on then a few minutes later my ABS light and SLIP light came back on lol

if i fail inspection i cant drive my car correct?

any feedback is appreciated!

350GT-R 06-28-2010 10:39 PM

ummmm.... i dont think you would fail inspection because of that. my coupe have that same problem and passed.
the only thing inspection will fail if your CEL pops on due to the 02 sensor. everything else should be fine.
if you do fail, ask them for a paper stating that you need to buy blah blah blah in order to pass incase cops pull you over or the parking authority gives you a ticket on the side of the road when you park in the city.
but other than that, you're good to go. hope this helps.

O HELLA OEM 06-28-2010 10:42 PM

thanks!! i feel a little bit better lol. no i dont have no CEL lights on my dash. i only have the ABS,VDC OFF, and Slip lights on. i called meineke and the dude there said i might fail b/c of these lights. im worried :(

O HELLA OEM 06-28-2010 11:41 PM

Anyone else ???

350GT-R 06-29-2010 02:42 AM

dude, im about to walk over to my coupe and take those images and show you the stickers i just got like last month. i had all those except the CEL and still passed. if not, drive over to philly to this shop i go to. not that far... just a loooooooooooong drive. lol

O HELLA OEM 06-29-2010 09:33 AM

Lol I think I should go to ure shop, what's the addy and do u know the ppl there? Id hate to drive 3-4 hours just to fail lmao

So ure dash looked like this

http://i651.photobucket.com/albums/u...8/c6532b56.jpg

350GT-R 06-29-2010 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by O HELLA OEM (Post 5195940)
Lol I think I should go to ure shop, what's the addy and do u know the ppl there? Id hate to drive 3-4 hours just to fail lmao

So ure dash looked like this

http://i651.photobucket.com/albums/u...8/c6532b56.jpg

yup. lol

5141 North 2nd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19120-3409
(215) 457-6859

when you get there ask for bea and tell him jackie with the g35 sedan sent you there. plus, you'll see alot of awesome cars there.

350GT-R 06-29-2010 11:16 AM

holy crap!! you're further than 3 hours!!! i forgot that you live about 5 hours away!!fail....lol

O HELLA OEM 06-29-2010 11:19 AM

Thanks so much!!! What's the name of the shop ?

And another thing my front drivers side sidemarker is out but my passenger side works. I plan on just taking out the bulbs and sockets and say that the front side markers are reflectors lol.

O HELLA OEM 06-29-2010 11:24 AM

Geez that shop is 5 hours and 2o minutes away!!!!

350GT-R 06-29-2010 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by O HELLA OEM (Post 5196094)
Thanks so much!!! What's the name of the shop ?

And another thing my front drivers side sidemarker is out but my passenger side works. I plan on just taking out the bulbs and sockets and say that the front side markers are reflectors lol.

dude... sidemarkers tho? philly shop doesnt care about the little things. lol
make it seem like your doing inspection at the dmv. hehehehe.
plus, if there's any problem, he'll help you target. the shop is called five stars auto. really cool and friendly people. not cocky for being popular in tristate, you'd be surprise once you drive in. you probably seen their cars in mags and videos all online and tv.

plus, if you ever want custom work like how you see in the west coast, they'll make it happen here. body work, engine mods, well everything. hehehe

350GT-R 06-29-2010 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by O HELLA OEM (Post 5196107)
Geez that shop is 5 hours and 2o minutes away!!!!

i know... plus, you get to meet my car if you show up! hahahaha
mr.potatohead is around here somewhere also. ^___________^

O HELLA OEM 06-29-2010 11:55 AM

My inspection sticker expires in 2 days lmao, I can go to that shop this Sunday but I'm scared driving with expired stickers lmao! I wonder if there open sundays

350GT-R 06-29-2010 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by O HELLA OEM (Post 5196148)
My inspection sticker expires in 2 days lmao, I can go to that shop this Sunday but I'm scared driving with expired stickers lmao! I wonder if there open sundays

they dont open sundays.
you want to know a secret?....
*whispering* i drove my car with an expired sticker for 3 months with no problems.*end whispering*

hahahahhahhaa
stop being so scared. i only drove it for 3 months because i had to replace all my 02 sensor from my headers and cats. had to wait for denso to ship them to me.

O HELLA OEM 06-29-2010 12:15 PM

Damn I'm only off on Sundays !!!!! Lol I guess when my stickers do expire I must drive slow:) haha.

I'm thinking about going to meineke then lol if they fail me I hear they put a big red sticker on the front window saying fail or something.