NorthEast Serving CT, DE, MA, MD, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VA, VT, WV

UConn Car Club's 8th Annual Car Show - April 9th

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-24-2011, 09:06 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Dmattei32
Yea the point is its still goin on thou its not canceled
You're right, but I know some people want to back out due to the presence of cops. If they want to be jerks, they'll do whatever it takes to give tickets out. That's all i'm trying to get out there. I'm down, if others want we go do something @ Sage park on the Berlin T'pke, we had a few good meets there...

Old 03-25-2011, 11:35 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
alright well with all this said.....its like they officially announced it if you dont have a plate or windows are too dark, any other dumbshet you will get a ticket and you wont be able to fight it.
because you were warned and you broke the rules.

aka folks if anyone wants to change the meet to any other place, preferably the pike or middletown park like last time im down. if not i will not be attending uconn. with all this pointless bs.

also i think this will be a good way to show the uconn orginizers or whoever if now the number of contestants drops it was due to this obscene rules. especially with no exhause competition thats the # thing people were looking forward to.

Old 03-25-2011, 11:43 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
im still goin i doubt there gonna be that bad if your not driving like an A$$ im sure there not gonna break ***** they are just warning people probably more for the real heavily modified obviously illegal cars

i guess we can get a count on whos deffinitly going now i am.

1. dmattei32 - G35

Old 03-25-2011, 10:09 PM
Originally Posted by suby01
alright well with all this said.....its like they officially announced it if you dont have a plate or windows are too dark, any other dumbshet you will get a ticket and you wont be able to fight it.
because you were warned and you broke the rules.

aka folks if anyone wants to change the meet to any other place, preferably the pike or middletown park like last time im down. if not i will not be attending uconn. with all this pointless bs.

also i think this will be a good way to show the uconn orginizers or whoever if now the number of contestants drops it was due to this obscene rules. especially with no exhause competition thats the # thing people were looking forward to.
Yeah, Sage Park sounds great haha. I just don't want to walk into any potential "traps" not worth my time or the aggrivation that comes with it

Old 03-26-2011, 07:03 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm still going.

Old 03-26-2011, 05:26 PM
lets do it. who ever is still down for uconn great.
lets start another thread for say sage park, and for that then we dont have to be so early for. 10am would work.
zing do it up.

Old 03-27-2011, 10:54 AM
I really hope people reconsider and hit up sage park with us. No one wants a nasty ticket and we should continue the tradition. Also, maybe we can pull some people from the other car crews? Let some subies / other cars know and spread it. see who shows up

Old 03-27-2011, 01:04 PM
Originally Posted by zmeansgo
I really hope people reconsider and hit up sage park with us. No one wants a nasty ticket and we should continue the tradition. Also, maybe we can pull some people from the other car crews? Let some subies / other cars know and spread it. see who shows up
+1
ive already read on the forester forum that they are 50/50 on going up to uconn or not, because of this police threat. so it will definitely not be that great of a turn out. people are backing down because of this, and just the principle its a car meet. if you speed, rev your car, burnout, no seatbelt then sure. but exhaust tint etc?????

https://g35driver.com/forums/northea...ing-uconn.html

Old 03-27-2011, 07:52 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
So the ricers who can't build a legal car want to have their own show? Pathetic!

Old 03-28-2011, 01:18 PM
Originally Posted by grovefromnh
So the ricers who can't build a legal car want to have their own show? Pathetic!

its not about anyone being a ricer. some people just dont want tickets and confrontation.
to us the ricers.

Old 03-28-2011, 04:05 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i have my front windshield tinted and no front license plate so im def going to get a ticket. Im down for sage park.

Old 03-28-2011, 04:16 PM
Who's still planin on goin to uconn besides my self?? And do you guys still wanna caravan there or just go on our own?

Old 03-28-2011, 06:51 PM
Originally Posted by grovefromnh
So let's get this straight, we're "ricers" because some of us don't have a front license plate, I guess I just got schooled. Thought ricers were defined as gaudy aftermarket parts or doing a modification half @$$'d

Enjoy yourself at UConn

Last edited by ZingMoney; 03-28-2011 at 06:58 PM.
Old 03-28-2011, 07:40 PM
yea count me out too, i'm also a ricer without a front plate lol and my tints are way too dark, and my car is too low and too loud. that's like a $500 ticket right there

Old 03-28-2011, 09:04 PM
Originally Posted by FiRe
yea count me out too, i'm also a ricer without a front plate lol and my tints are way too dark, and my car is too low and too loud. that's like a $500 ticket right there
See you @ Sage Park!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: UConn Car Club's 8th Annual Car Show - April 9th