G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   NorthEast (https://g35driver.com/forums/northeast-38/)
-   -   Tire Mounting in MA (https://g35driver.com/forums/northeast/379751-tire-mounting-ma.html)

VQ Johnny 06-13-2011 08:59 AM

Tire Mounting in MA

I need to have a new set of rears put on and don't want my wheels all rashed up, any recommendations for good shops in the Worcester area that do touchless mounting. I searched and didn't find anything here or on google.

VQ Johnny 06-22-2011 11:56 PM

So I got my tires on and figured I'd give my feedback on the shop since no one had any recommendations. A buddy of mine recommended Long Distance Tire in Medway so gave them a call inquiring about aftermarket wheels, low, etc they said they frequently work on modded cars and it wouldn't be an issue. So I took it in and asked to wait which wasn't an issue with their great waiting area (leather sofa,flat screen wifi) they said it would be about an hour so they could take their time with it, after about an hour and a half they had it done and had me take a look to make sure I was happy with their work, which I was, so I paid and was on my way. I hate going to unfamiliar places to have work done as I'm totally OCD about my G, but I will definitely be using them for future needs.

ZDriver12 06-23-2011 11:13 AM

Thanks for the heads up. I need my volks valve stems replaced.

dany2k3m 08-07-2011 01:23 AM

Mind telling me how much it cost for all 4 tires mounted and balanced?

Thanks,

Cooldude04 08-07-2011 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by dany2k3m (Post 6045645)

Thanks,

+1. I've been looking around and I found Midas charge $32 for balancing 4 tires but i'm doubted they will be careful when removing our wheels. Townfair tire is $13 per tire but last time i was there, a young kid worked on my car and forgot to put weight on the wheel after balancing and I had to come back. He fixed the problem but did a lousy job on putting the weight right on the middle section instead of behind the lip as the other 3 wheels. It's hard to find a good, reputable shop in Worcester nowadays.:dunno:

dany2k3m 08-07-2011 07:10 PM

Cooldude04,

I agreed it's hard to find a good shop to mount/balance your tires. I don't want to save a few bucks mounting tires so they can scuff my rays and then i have to spend $200 just to have it refinished.

Cooldude04 08-07-2011 09:15 PM

besides midas and townfair tire, did you try any other shops? My G is due for an alignment now, and I don't want to try them or Sears..

VQ Johnny 08-07-2011 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by dany2k3m (Post 6045645)

Thanks,

$2 per inch mount/balance(Hunter Road Force), little pricey but they do a good job so its worth it.