G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   Northern California (https://g35driver.com/forums/northern-california-43/)
-   -   Bad news! (https://g35driver.com/forums/northern-california/304257-bad-news.html)

NoLaNsG 08-28-2009 06:25 AM

Bad news!

I came into work and toyota is closing the doors at nummi. Bad Day.

Epidel 08-28-2009 11:12 AM

Dam that sucks a lot of people are going to be losing their jobs

bmpnride 08-28-2009 11:34 AM

I heard about that a month or so ago... SUch a shame. Nummi had a really good process in place for efficient manufacturing. The encorporation of Kaizan there was something that alot of other companies tried to copy...

Cali-Darkness 08-28-2009 11:46 AM

Sorry to hear about your misfortune.

Would be nice to see Telsa move in to the Nummi plant :dunno:

Im sure some of the Nummi people can go work for Telsa once they open up their operations here in the bay. I just hope the greedy unions stay out of Telsa.

dcityjatt 08-28-2009 12:11 PM

is toyota not giving the contract to nummi fault of the union? i am sorry i am not as familiar with whats going on. I feel sorry for the folks who are going to lose their jobs. I can feel for them as i lose mine back in January when WaMu dissolved and got bought by JP Morgan. Its very tough in this economy, but things are starting to look better.

KuroV36 08-28-2009 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by dcityjatt (Post 4511779)
is toyota not giving the contract to nummi fault of the union? i am sorry i am not as familiar with whats going on. I feel sorry for the folks who are going to lose their jobs. I can feel for them as i lose mine back in January when WaMu dissolved and got bought by JP Morgan. Its very tough in this economy, but things are starting to look better.

hey Im a former Wamu now chase employee too :thewave:

Cali-Darkness 08-28-2009 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by dcityjatt (Post 4511779)

Out of respect to the OP I wont post my views on the Union.

NoLaNsG 08-28-2009 04:27 PM

toyota wants to run then plant without a union, but the UAW is still fighting to keep it open. We will see we got til march 31.

naveeeddd 08-28-2009 06:20 PM

i live in fremont, this is gonna kill the economy again not only in the bay area but in california in general.

kenempireex 08-29-2009 05:05 PM

I have friends in Nummi and I do believe Toyota will make a pos. move soon.

UAW is pretty powerful in NUMMI, in my experience, UAW "police" like to pick on engineers who monitor the quality process. They always worry that the engineer will "over-work" the assembly-line members.

carliux 08-30-2009 12:58 AM

What a shame

kenempireex 08-30-2009 04:19 AM

Originally Posted by Cali-Darkness (Post 4511709)
Sorry to hear about your misfortune.

Would be nice to see Telsa move in to the Nummi plant :dunno:

Im sure some of the Nummi people can go work for Telsa once they open up their operations here in the bay. I just hope the greedy unions stay out of Telsa.

Telsa will NOT manufacture in CA because it is expensive and they do not need mass production.

Most of the Nummi cannot work in telsa because telsa only want people who have good electical background

NoLaNsG 08-30-2009 05:18 PM

yup thats true there are hella rumors goin around like toyota owns 25% of subaru and they want to make a car at nummi but its just rumors.

Cali-Darkness 08-30-2009 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by kenempireex (Post 4515576)
Telsa will NOT manufacture in CA because it is expensive and they do not need mass production.

Most of the Nummi cannot work in telsa because telsa only want people who have good electical background

What?

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...BUPB19A8KU.DTL

kenempireex 08-31-2009 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by Cali-Darkness (Post 4516300)

Well, i guess my info is a little out-of-date. However, I still believe that Tesla production will not get as large as NUMMI.

I am not a big fan of Tesla, but yes on Toyota Hybrid.