Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

Norcal Caravan to Sedan GTG III - Venice Beach - Hella Yeah!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-24-2011, 04:36 AM
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
i was talking about 40 bucks a nite more, for the better area, the difference

Old 08-24-2011, 04:36 AM
Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts
Chris, go ahead and add me to the list for the caravan. It's a 100% go for me! =D

Old 08-24-2011, 11:18 AM
Received 451 Likes on 305 Posts
I'll get to updating the list later this week.

I haven't booked yet but when I do, I'm going to look at staying at the Marriot in Marina Del Rey. They can offer a group discount of 10 rooms or more if everyone pre-books. I don't have time to organize that anymore unfortunately so someone else will have to take point.

Whatever you guys do, I dont suggest waiting anymore to decide as the prices will def go up the closer you get to the date in my experience.

I'm very glad to see a large group driving down this year! Keep em coming!

Thanks again Chris for the street cred, ya hurd

Old 08-24-2011, 03:11 PM
^ Okay, I'll see what I can do.

For the Marriott, if you book now it's looking at $209/night for a 2 double size or 1 king size bed. Group buy sits at about $185/night for 10 rooms. First I doubt we can find 10 rooms to fill, and second it's probably more cost efficient if some people found someone to room together. I won't be able to room with anyone because my girlfriend is coming along and... Well...

Hopefully I will hear from the guys from Texas and see what they're doing.

Old 08-24-2011, 03:14 PM
Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts
if any ballers are coming down, my friend works at the W hotel in LA..i can ask her if she can get you guys a discount if you want.

Originally Posted by bigc
All depends on work...might have a transaction closing around then. Will probably stay with my ex if I drive down though.
this sounds complicated.

Old 08-24-2011, 03:32 PM
Thanks Denver.

Trying to book rooms for all has always been complicated but doable if people are willing to call in and get the rooms booked ahead of schedule. It's never worked before. I see the rooms are already up 60 from when I checked a few weeks ago. Be sure to check hotels.com they typically have rooms you can pay for now (no refunds/cancellations) and are a bit cheaper.

Old 08-24-2011, 03:51 PM
Originally Posted by ajkVQ
if any ballers are coming down, my friend works at the W hotel in LA..i can ask her if she can get you guys a discount if you want.
How much of a discount?

Old 08-24-2011, 06:28 PM
Alright I touched bases with Tim (Blue Dream) about where the guys from Texas are staying, and it looks like they're still looking too. Hopefully we can work something out with them and stay in one location. Ideally we should make a decision by the end of this week. It looks like rates are increasing regularly as the date draws closer.

If you're looking for a hotel room, please let me know, and indicate whether or not you're wiling to share rooms and if you have any other preferences (price, location, etc).

Personally, I would like to stay at a reputable location; I think we can all agree that it's worth spending a little more for the peace of mind.

Here's a link to Marina del Rey that's been recommended a couple times. You can choose between a handful of hotels there; look through and let me know what you think. If you have a place you've been looking at, post it up here =)

http://www.visitmarinadelrey.com/stay/special-rates

Thanks =)

Old 08-24-2011, 06:30 PM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,487 Likes on 1,222 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Alright boys, Blue Dream is up in your thread talking about accommodations.

ATM I'm driving in from Austin and picking up jaythree and beebo on the way out of Texas. jaythree grew up near Venice Beach and will be staying with his family and beebo might be bringing tag35's wife in his car. So I for sure need a room and would be happy to split one with someone who's in the same boat. After talking to Marcus he had suggested Long Beach as a less expensive but still fairly nice place to stay. I looked up a crapload of hotels there and there's a ton of choices, but I don't know anything about what would be in a good part of town and what wouldn't. Would any of you consider that as an option? I definitely agree with Papa that we need to make some decisions fairly quickly or they will be more expensive in the next couple of weeks.

Let me know your thoughts and feel free to PM me if we want to keep the thread clean. I'm pumped for this beyotch, it's a freaking month away!!

Last edited by Blue Dream; 08-24-2011 at 06:38 PM.
Old 08-24-2011, 06:35 PM
Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by xdEnbOyx
How much of a discount?
not sure, i texted my friend and she's going to get back to me tomorrow when she's at work. just fyi, here's the location of the W:

Old 08-24-2011, 06:38 PM

That's a super nice place but usually hella $$$$

If we could stay there cheap I'd do it. Also I looked through the link to Marina del Ray and the Marriott that endboy mentioned earlier looks reasonable. I'd definitely be willing to split a room with someone.

Last edited by Blue Dream; 08-24-2011 at 06:46 PM.
Old 08-24-2011, 07:02 PM

You fvckers sure are proud of your parking lots. $28 a day to park at the hotel, WTF is that all about?

I better get up in the morning and have my car freshly detailed for that price.

Old 08-24-2011, 07:41 PM
Originally Posted by Blue Dream
You fvckers sure are proud of your parking lots. $28 a day to park at the hotel, WTF is that all about?

Hahaha. I've actually never heard of being charged to park at a hotel you're staying at.

Old 08-24-2011, 08:02 PM
Covered parking usually = parking fee from the places I've stayed. So yeah, those fkrs are proud of their spaces

If interested in Long Beach as an option, let me know. I stayed at a place (Best Western?) twice and was very happy with the room and $10 parking

Old 08-24-2011, 09:20 PM
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by Blue Dream

Originally Posted by xdEnbOyx
Hahaha. I've actually never heard of being charged to park at a hotel you're staying at.
yup, san francisco is the worst when having to pay for parking at a hotel!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Norcal Caravan to Sedan GTG III - Venice Beach - Hella Yeah!