G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   Northern California (https://g35driver.com/forums/northern-california-43/)
-   -   How Much does a good professional Paint Job cost these days? (https://g35driver.com/forums/northern-california/385965-how-much-does-good-professional-paint-job-cost-these-days.html)

uttarpradesh 08-15-2011 11:22 AM

How Much does a good professional Paint Job cost these days?

I'm thinking about repainting my car. I don't want a run of the mill shop. I love my car and I want it to come back with a paint job as good as factory or better. None of those Maaco stuff or so-so shops.

If anyone has had a great paint job where they actually strip the paint, primer, take off lights and molding and actually painted the car professionally, about how much did you spend or should I expect to shell out? Thanks in advance for any input.

Grace 08-15-2011 11:47 AM

Our sister forum my350z has a Bay Area automotive shop directory in their regional sticky. (linky at the top of the page) You also might want to look into TNT/Sac. We have a lot of very happy G drivers from there.

I'm sure others could chime in about the cost.

inqui-Z-tor 08-15-2011 01:07 PM

You're talking interior -- jams, seams, and engine area as well?

Matching OEM paint .. or going something different? It's been awhile, but the last time I checked on a complete "professional" paint job (as you described -thats a lot of prep work) .. minimum $6,000-$8,000, probably closer to $10,000/$12,000 ..

uttarpradesh 08-15-2011 01:16 PM

Whoa Nelly that's crazy talk $6-12k? Too rich, just the exterior but I want to cover the window seams. Engine areas and door jambs can remain as is but they should blend from new to old. My jambs are still bright clean and spotless but the Ext especially bumper n hood beginning to look like Milky Way Galaxy.

Originally Posted by inqui-Z-tor (Post 6060282)
You're talking interior -- jams, seams, and engine area as well?

Matching OEM paint .. or going something different? It's been awhile, but the last time I checked on a complete "professional" paint job (as you described -thats a lot of prep work) .. minimum $6,000-$8,000, probably closer to $10,000/$12,000 ..

uttarpradesh 08-15-2011 01:18 PM

Hear so much about TNT. They must be awesome.

Originally Posted by Grace (Post 6060151)
Our sister forum my350z has a Bay Area automotive shop directory in their regional sticky. (linky at the top of the page) You also might want to look into TNT/Sac. We have a lot of very happy G drivers from there.

I'm sure others could chime in about the cost.

JaE35 08-15-2011 01:19 PM

too d@mn much is how much it is...almost the price of another car lol, most people let insurance pay for it :D

gary c 08-15-2011 01:25 PM

If you're repainting your G the same factory color and not doing a color change a quality job should cost around $4K. That way you won't need to do the jams/engine or trunk which would easily double the cost.
Gary

patman530 08-15-2011 01:29 PM

give TNT a call... ask for David (916) 455-3063

TORETTO 08-15-2011 02:14 PM

Never been to TNT. But when I plan on doing a paintjob, I plan on going there. Even if they are all the way in Sac.

Quality work is my first priority for paintjobs. I think TNT has more than proven themselves.

inqui-Z-tor 08-15-2011 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by uttarpradesh (Post 6060297)
Whoa Nelly that's crazy talk $6-12k? Too rich, just the exterior but I want to cover the window seams. Engine areas and door jambs can remain as is but they should blend from new to old. My jambs are still bright clean and spotless but the Ext especially bumper n hood beginning to look like Milky Way Galaxy.

LOL .. I had to get an idea of just how much you intended on getting painted .. engine bays, trunk space, etc .. all the prep work .. removal of carpeting, etc .. adds up to labor costs.

It was years ago .. a friend had his 240z stripped .. exterior, interior, engine bay .. cost him $5000 .. I'm thinking .. you all with the G's .. have $$ to burn and want top-notch work!! LOL ..

But I agree with others have posted .. if I ever need paint work, I'll be heading to TNT ..

dEnbOy.GFM 08-15-2011 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by patman530 (Post 6060313)
give TNT a call... ask for David (916) 455-3063

^^^
David probably the most personable person I've ever dealt with in the whole customer service sector. He'll take care of you really well.

You might even see my car there if you drop by ;)

calcul8 08-15-2011 04:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by inqui-Z-tor (Post 6060476)
LOL .. I had to get an idea of just how much you intended on getting painted .. engine bays, trunk space, etc .. all the prep work .. removal of carpeting, etc .. adds up to labor costs.

It was years ago .. a friend had his 240z stripped .. exterior, interior, engine bay .. cost him $5000 .. I'm thinking .. you all with the G's .. have $$ to burn and want top-notch work!! LOL ..

But I agree with others have posted .. if I ever need paint work, I'll be heading to TNT ..

Attachment 242267

Really?! I had no idea I had spare money lying around. Please, tell me where my richey rich funds are :rolleyes:

gabe3d 08-15-2011 09:06 PM

Sounds like what I just got. I paid roughly 7k for repainting my entire car OEM color and installing/fitting a new bumper and side skirts over at Williams. I previously paid TNT 1k for hood and bumper and it was not bad, but this was a while back.

GarGamel 08-15-2011 10:16 PM

TNT did my car a few months ago... no complaints at all.

Tony and David by far are the best in class when it comes to services.

uttarpradesh 08-16-2011 12:32 AM

My insurance paid for a small nick on my mirror by Pan American Collision in SJ. I thought they did an ok job. They floated the idea of painting the hood and bumper. I wanted the whole car so that I know everything matches. They estimated around $2-4k. They are competent but I want to go with the best, seems like everyone here says TNT is tops. I'm thinking about going to that "eggplant amethyst"-like IPL color with metallic flakes.