G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   Ohio G Club (https://g35driver.com/forums/ohio-g-club-372/)
-   -   Greetings from Kabul Afghanistan! (https://g35driver.com/forums/ohio-g-club/353270-greetings-kabul-afghanistan.html)

That1GuyG35 10-07-2010 02:08 AM

Greetings from Kabul Afghanistan!

Whats up everyone! How have you all been? I just thought I would say hi and see how things were going. I got into country this past Monday, the 14 hour flight really sucked but the stay in Dubai before I got here was nice. Im hoping to have pictuers up soon, the internet connection where Im living kinda sucks but it will be ok for the next year. It will just make me apreciate my cable modem more when I get home. Actually this whole experience will make me apreciate EVERYTHING and EVERYONE more. Its amazing, only a few days away from the states and I see why our contry is so great!

I miss my G :( But I would never want to go driving here. They have no stop signs or lights, speed limits or nothing! Our drivers are pretty cool, they know what they are doing and they are good.

For those who havent been here but would like to know what its like, just refer to the movie Mad Max and that should sum it up. Dusty, dirty, and kinda creepy.

My living quarters are only a few miles away from where Im working at but we do have to get out onto the local roads to get there. Thats kinda interesting too. Something about being in the back of an uparmored vehicle with your vest and helmet on twice a day is just crazy. I never thought I would get the chance to experience something like this, but now that I have, I want to share as much with my friends as I can.

I heard my first attack last night while I was talking with friends outside my living quarters. Thats was some what of an eye opener. I would have hated to be the poor ba$tered on the other end of that 50cal.

The food is OK, it has a certain taste to it but is still good for the most part.

I have lost 12 lbs in about 2 weeks. :JAMIN:

My work here is pretty much the same as what I was doing back home in Louisville. I cant do anything though until my AD account is created though which makes the day a little longer.

Im working 65 hours in a 7 day week. The bad part now is that Im fighting jet lag and its winning around 4:00 PM every day :( But thats ok, it shouldnt last too long.

Well, I better go and try to find something to keep me somewhat busy. Ill see everyone in a year! Im going to have a few welcome home parties when I get home and I really do want to see all the OGC people. :hello:

BuckeyeG 10-07-2010 06:55 AM

Becarefull and try not to have an afgan babies while your out there!

plumber78 10-07-2010 08:58 AM

Stay safe!

neight 10-07-2010 12:06 PM

wow, stay safe man. thanks for what you're doing!

GeeWillikers 10-07-2010 12:10 PM

Afghanistan sucks.

Karzai is kissing the Taliban's a$$ which just makes our job harder, and Pakistan is officially giving us a reach-around. Glad we sent them so many billions in aid.

Year ten and counting.

Thanks for your service. Be safe and make it home.

g-adabout 10-07-2010 01:48 PM

Glad to hear your ok there.

I am just waiting my turn to end up over there. I have been all over the middle east and 15+k miles on the roads of Iraq in 04 as a 50Cal operator running convoy security.

Stay alert, watch your six and keep in touch! Just think about all the mod money coming your way!!!

That1GuyG35 10-08-2010 12:16 AM

Thanks guys, it means a lot. And I just found out someone from OGC is over here too. Good times!

g-adabout 10-08-2010 07:56 AM

Good Ol Tedd! Good Guy!-plus he likes toys! could provide hours of entertainment! hahahahaaaa

That1GuyG35 10-08-2010 08:41 AM

The internet over here where Im staying blows! It took 10 minutes to load this page with all the adds and stuff! Ugh, not good, not good.

g-adabout 10-08-2010 11:33 AM

not good at all. In Iraq in 2004 the only thing work being on the internet for with the slow connections was IM...so 10mins is good! hahahaa

cdubel01 10-08-2010 10:22 PM

good luck and stay safe, and like Ben said, no afgan babies!

Neu Era 10-08-2010 10:39 PM

careful and be safe!

That1GuyG35 10-09-2010 02:06 AM

I know, I was just complaining because I had to make a phone call. I think Ill be ok.

I dont know about no Afgan babies but maybe some asian babies or Tai babies :)

That1GuyG35 01-15-2011 08:45 AM

Whats up everyone! I hope everybody is doing good and the holidays were great. I'm still in Afghan land but in a different place, better internet :)

I cant believe that its been 3 months already that I have been here, the time sure has flown by. I just booked my flights to Thailand today so I'm looking forward to getting the hell out of here and having some fun for a few days.

One question I thought I would ask though. Isn't there a few members on here from Dubai? I'm stopping through there to go to Thailand and thought I would say hi :)

g-adabout 01-15-2011 02:56 PM

There are a few members I have read their threads and seen their wild cars..

btw,glad to hear your doing well!