G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   Ohio G Club (https://g35driver.com/forums/ohio-g-club-372/)
-   -   Aftermarket seats, who has them? (https://g35driver.com/forums/ohio-g-club/398282-aftermarket-seats-who-has-them.html)

itgogitrev 01-16-2012 01:10 AM

Aftermarket seats, who has them?

I finally have my winter beater running (1990 4Runner) and have been driving it for the past week because of the threats of snow. I figured since today was a relatively nice day, I'd take the G out for my fiance's birthday.

Getting back into the G after driving the 4Runner for a week, I now officially hate the sedan's seats. They manage to be uncomfortable AND unsupportive at the same time. In fact, the G will stay in the garage until new seats are found and installed. How is it that my 4Runner seats are more comfortable and hold me in better?

Anyways, I figured I'd check with some local guys first to see what you have. I've had Corbeaus, Recaros, and Konigs; all of those seats have been great. But since I've not been looking for seats in about 4 years, I'm not too familiar with what's out there now.

I'm looking for a reclinable sport seat, a 'grand tourer' seat if one exists. One piece buckets are nice, but are no good in this car. Ideally, I'd love to find some Recaro CS Sportsters, but I don't know of anyone around here with them. http://www.virtualcctuning.com/WebRo...20IMG_9884.jpg

I've also driven a few CTS-Vs with the Recaro option and LOVE THEM; they feel like they were built just for me.

What are you guys using and what do you think of them? Help me find something to put in the G while it sits in the garage over winter.

X-FactorWR87 01-16-2012 11:46 AM

I have a 2000 Ford F-150 and a 2004 Jeep Wrangler and I think the seats in my G are way more comfortable..

g-adabout 01-16-2012 01:07 PM

Josh, you have coupe. He has a sedan. The seats are two different seats.

You can take a set of Coupe seats and put them in your Sedan. Its been done before on here somewhere...

drivessidewayz 01-16-2012 01:13 PM

54k miles later I still love my Z seats. I wouldn't overlook those as an option if it's reasonably possible.

cdubel01 01-16-2012 01:22 PM

Kevin has Bride seats in his i think....that is if he ever gets his G back...

ryamartin 01-16-2012 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by drivessidewayz (Post 6289438)
54k miles later I still love my Z seats. I wouldn't overlook those as an option if it's reasonably possible.

Agree, I have leather and they are extremely comfortable although rather slippery.

itgogitrev 01-16-2012 10:47 PM

You can take a set of Coupe seats and put them in your Sedan. Its been done before on here somewhere...
I did that for a friend's sedan a few years ago. It was a noticeable improvement. Problem with it is that most people with coupe seats are charging an arm and a leg for them and almost none are to be found in KY, OH, or IN. The few I've seen are thrashed. I checked out a set a few months ago that had crushed bolsters and they were still going for $800.

I'm gonna start calling around to a few shops to see what's available and who carries what. And as mentioned before, the leather is pretty slippery. Damn near went into the passenger seat last time I took it on some fun local roads.

X-FactorWR87 01-17-2012 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by g-adabout (Post 6289430)
Josh, you have coupe. He has a sedan. The seats are two different seats.

gotcha J! I didn't know that lol

bjquinnIUmed 01-18-2012 09:17 PM

I have a pair of sparco milano's in alcantara that are installed in my coupe. They definitely hold you in place, but for trips longer than 1 hour, they are nowhere near as comfortable as the stock G coupe seats. There are always tradeoffs.

itgogitrev 01-21-2012 11:08 PM

I wouldn't mind alcantara. Actually, a set of coupe seats with some alcantara centers or half-bolster covers would be really nice.

BTW: LOVE the sparco milanos, but you're right. They're not for long drives.

Anyone know of coupe seats FS in OH, KY, or IN?

sanbaifo 01-31-2012 12:49 PM

I have Sparco Evo's in my Z and in my AE86. I have Corbeau A6's (I think) in my MR-S.
Personally I prefer the Sparco Evo. The tube frame of the A6 is not as comfortable or as bolstered and since they recline, there is some play in the seat back.

JDM7672 02-17-2012 03:15 AM

Originally Posted by cdubel01 (Post 6289453)
Kevin has Bride seats in his i think....that is if he ever gets his G back...

I sold the bride seats. Now I am rocking the recaro toplines

Dal35 03-05-2012 02:00 PM

Recaro Topline FTW

g-adabout 03-06-2012 07:09 PM

mad money thrown around here...hahaaa

RicoG35x 03-07-2012 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by g-adabout (Post 6360623)
mad money thrown around here...hahaaa

DAMN!! roger THAT!!