G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   Picture Share (https://g35driver.com/forums/picture-share-181/)
-   -   World's First G35 Diamond Stitched Custom Interior (https://g35driver.com/forums/picture-share/294307-worlds-first-g35-diamond-stitched-custom-interior.html)

G SEDAN 06-23-2009 02:23 AM

Thanks guys I really appreciate the kind words and I really anticipated this projec to be a great succss....it was a lot of headaches and planning to get everything right. The fact that I got all this done in a period of 10 days took a lot of coordination between the paint shop, the stereo guy, and Chuy. There is also a lot of photoshopping, visualizing, and planning on my behalf because I didn't really have a reference to what looked good (all in my head).

Where to put suede, where to put leather, where to put the logos, where to have double stitching, where to have single stitching, where to have diamond stitching....it was all a challenge. I am very happy how it turned out, now I smile even when I turn over for a split second to check blind spots (cuz i get a glimpse of my sexy asss interior).

G SEDAN 06-23-2009 02:27 AM

Originally Posted by Frankieg35 (Post 4338098)
Wow that looks sick bro..they couldn't make the stitching on the wheel more oem looking??I wanna change the orange on my wheel but I want it to look as oem as possible..

if you look at your oem wheels, they are not stitched together with regular threads. It's like a rubbery, almost leathery thread that is very strechable and flexible. I know this because I bought a Honda leather wrapping kit back when I had my SI and i had to pull the chit out of it just to ge even close to a tight stitch. IMO, to duplicate that look would really lose out on the custom look. Besides, it requires a lot of stretching and pulling....and it would be a miracle if it didnt rip the material in the process. The stitch work on my wheels now are very complicated.....it took a long time to do and ver intricate, I wanted it like this :thewave:

TIAN 06-23-2009 02:27 AM

Originally Posted by Ghayes23 (Post 4338053)
That is amazing. Great Job!

+1 Lokks ouutstaaaaaandiiing! :biggthumpup:

johnjohn077 06-23-2009 02:28 AM

It's alright... I guess.... :thewave:

from those pictures :rolleyes:

Nah, Aaron's interior is the fvckin' shiet... I saw it being put together last week and it was already was looking good then... congrats bro!! Glad it's all together now and the G Sedan is back!! :biggthumpup:

sammy_G 06-23-2009 02:28 AM

extra cushion for a lot of male passengers eh? :icon17:

G SEDAN 06-23-2009 02:29 AM

^ yeah baby boy, starting with you! :bowrofl:

Triple8Sol 06-23-2009 02:31 AM

I like the diamond stitching. Overall I'm liking the interior, but somehow it's a bit of overload for me. I'll look at the pics again later and see if that perception changes, or if I can pinpoint why I'm feeling that. Oh, and do you have more pics of the steering wheel? Looks like there's a gap in the fitment on the right side?

G SEDAN 06-23-2009 02:38 AM

I'll take better pix later or just leave it for the professionals. My picture skills suck and the lighting was horrible.

I'll try and get the steering shot to you, but as far as my touching it for the past 2 days, there hasn't been any gap,are you talkin about between the leather and suede and where it meets?

G SEDAN 06-23-2009 02:41 AM

my next trip to the shop will consist of chaning all the remaining grey carpet to black (didnt think about that) and then wrapping the elbow rests on each door panel in suede again and adding extra padding under it.

jutn35 06-23-2009 02:44 AM

LUCKY SOB! but hey ,you worked hard for it

i love the red stitching on the steering wheel.

GR8NISS 06-23-2009 02:50 AM

Looks so comfy!!! BTW did you install your dd? My bose went dead and need help!

MEXTEP 06-23-2009 02:50 AM

If the bite from the mod bug were poisonous..YOU'D BE DEAD.

This guy came only to get the coupe seats re-done..I leave him alone for a couple of minutes and he's already negotiating to have the full interior treatment.

Yosef 06-23-2009 03:04 AM

looks good, I like the console set up

xx7sephiroth7xx 06-23-2009 03:32 AM

Great job, G SEDAN!

That interior is pretty sick!

G SEDAN 06-23-2009 03:33 AM

Originally Posted by jutn35 (Post 4338233)
LUCKY SOB! but hey ,you worked hard for it

i love the red stitching on the steering wheel.

you mean orange? :thewave:

Originally Posted by GR8NISS (Post 4338243)
Looks so comfy!!! BTW did you install your dd? My bose went dead and need help!

My bose went in and out of coma too, that why I changed mine out. I paid a guy to do it but it's not too hard on your own if you have some electrical experience!

Originally Posted by MEXTEP (Post 4338245)
If the bite from the mod bug were poisonous..YOU'D BE DEAD.

This guy came only to get the coupe seats re-done..I leave him alone for a couple of minutes and he's already negotiating to have the full interior treatment.

:BOUNCE::JAMIN:

Originally Posted by Yosef (Post 4338266)
looks good, I like the console set up

Thanks! :2: