Q60 Run Flat tires noise and rough

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-14-2017, 09:49 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool Q60 Run Flat tires noise and rough

Love my Q60 Red Sport 400 AWD. However with the run flat tires I feel every little bump and there is a low level, low pitched roar from each road imperfection. Tires are Dunlap which I believe are standard or at least very common on Q50 & Q60.

Researched and talked with dealer. This seems to be a common complaint with these run flats? Would appreciate hearing other owners experience

Anyone tried different tires?

Anyone converted to non run flats

Think I might be spoiled by my G37. Tires are worn right now so it is noisy on rough road but with new tires it is smooth and quiet (except for that nice exhaust sound)

Roy

The following users liked this post:
Texan1 (03-10-2019)
Old 04-14-2017, 01:41 PM
Super Moderator

Received 1,016 Likes on 935 Posts
It's the tires, and your tight-as-can-be suspension.

If you don't decide to use run flats, you really need a spare tire!

Old 04-14-2017, 11:05 PM
Spare?

Is a spare tire required to pass inspection or just in case of a flat? I have seen tire repair kits used in place of a spare tire- sealant and compressor. In fact I think the RWD Q60 does this.

I hear what you say about run flat tires and tight suspension but if all Q60 ride like mine no one would ever buy one if they test drive the car before buying. I made a mistake, my test drive was on one with regular tires and my lack of knowledge and experience with run flats I just assumed they were the same or similar ride. I know I would not have bought my car if I test drove it, bad mistake on my part.

I am really surprised I don't see more on this forum about this issue. My friends that have ridden with me notice the rough ride and noise right away and politely comment on it. Maybe I just have something wrong but I had a dealer tech ride with me, all he could say was "that's normal, that's normal etc".

Old 05-21-2017, 08:16 AM
I am just shocked there haven't been more comments on the forum about how rough and noisy the Q60 is. It is to the point that I am going to try to trade mine! No doubt will cost a lot but I just don't even want to drive it any more. The low pitch noise has become unbearable. Every little imperfection in the road is heard and/or felt.. Shocked that Infiniti would put out a car so uncomfortable to ride in. Wanted to take it on a trip but even after an hour I am beat and so agitated. Do I have a bad one? Or is this just something everyone just lives with? Beautiful car but so, so disappointed

Old 05-21-2017, 11:53 AM
Received 39 Likes on 37 Posts
You won't have much input here as the forum is predominantly G35 drivers.
Why not just change the tires and keep a can of that tire repair stuff. Or do whatever they do with the RWD models - if they come with a spare then you must have space for one too?

Old 05-22-2017, 04:25 AM
Super Moderator

Received 1,016 Likes on 935 Posts
Low profile tires do this near the end of their life, run flats are even worse. Are you certain the tires are not wearing prematurely?

The following users liked this post:
Texan1 (03-10-2019)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.