G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   Repairing & Detailing (DIY) (https://g35driver.com/forums/repairing-detailing-diy-234/)
-   -   Removing emblems (https://g35driver.com/forums/repairing-detailing-diy/218193-removing-emblems.html)

meiso 04-29-2008 04:50 PM

Removing emblems

I need to remove the emblems on my car, but I'm unsure of what to use to remove them and what to use to remove any access tape or glue, without ruining the paint.

Is there a solvent that loosens the glue and allows for easy removal?

mtodde 04-29-2008 10:52 PM

Use a heat gun or hair dryer to loosen the adhesive & slide some fishing line under them. You can use goo gone to remove any left over adhesive.

jutn35 04-30-2008 02:07 AM

Gasoline to take off the sticky crap , Kite String or Floss to take off the emblems :D how i did it

hai109 04-30-2008 02:16 AM

Search Button!!!!

jlinc04 04-30-2008 09:38 PM

^^ +1 for that... I used a heat gun & paint thinner...

pikush 05-01-2008 12:26 AM

Originally Posted by hai109
Search Button!!!!

Dude seriously... This topic was talked about at least 50 times... Hair dryer, Dental Floss and Goo Gone did the trick.

XBrisk202 05-01-2008 01:57 PM

lol brutal

hullio 05-03-2008 02:26 AM

1) Get hair dryer
2) Get dental floss OR fishing line (I used fishing line)
3) Heat up area with the hair dryer for approx. 30 sec. (totally depends on the weather outside too...it's cold up here in Canada, so I heated it up for 30s - 1min.). Remember, make sure it's not TOO hot though...don't want to ruin your paint by concentrating all that heat in once place for too long.
4) Get underneath the emblem with the floss/fishing line and start pulling left and right slowly. Emblem's should come right off.
5) Use Goo-Gone (get it from Home Depot) to remove the adhesive residue left over. You might have to pick at it using your finger nails.
6) Use Meiguer's (sp?) scratch remover if there are any noticeable scratches/swirls.
7) Wax and buff area with microfiber towel
8) Enjoy :)

Toxa 05-03-2008 05:32 AM

Hey, guys! Does anyone have the letters and the logo for sale BTW?

I have a 04 Sedan.

I debadged mine a long time ago. But I'm selling my car and the guy wants them back. What a weirdo! )))

jlinc04 05-03-2008 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by Toxa
Hey, guys! Does anyone have the letters and the logo for sale BTW?

I have a 04 Sedan.

I debadged mine a long time ago. But I'm selling my car and the guy wants them back. What a weirdo! )))

What does he want, the Infiniti logo, the G35 logo, or both??

Toxa 05-03-2008 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by jlinc04
What does he want, the Infiniti logo, the G35 logo, or both??

This guy wants all the letters (infiniti, g35) and the logo.
I spent like $300 to shave it all and now he wants it back. But what can I do? It's so difficult to get rid off infinitis nowdays so I have to obey.

If I can't get them here I will need to go to a dealer next week.

jlinc04 05-03-2008 10:07 AM

^^ well, I still have my letters the INFINITI and the 3 & 5, but I left the logo and the G on her.

gary c 05-03-2008 10:16 AM

Debadging....!

Originally Posted by hullio
1) Get hair dryer
2) Get dental floss OR fishing line (I used fishing line)
3) Heat up area with the hair dryer for approx. 30 sec. (totally depends on the weather outside too...it's cold up here in Canada, so I heated it up for 30s - 1min.). Remember, make sure it's not TOO hot though...don't want to ruin your paint by concentrating all that heat in once place for too long.
4) Get underneath the emblem with the floss/fishing line and start pulling left and right slowly. Emblem's should come right off.
5) Use Goo-Gone (get it from Home Depot) to remove the adhesive residue left over. You might have to pick at it using your finger nails.
6) Use Meiguer's (sp?) scratch remover if there are any noticeable scratches/swirls.
7) Wax and buff area with microfiber towel
8) Enjoy :)

Do a search, there's better advice elsewhere. You don't need a fliping hair
dryer unless you live in the frozen north....and never pick at the glue with
your nails that's what the GooGone is for....damn noobs!

MikeYo 05-03-2008 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by Toxa
This guy wants all the letters (infiniti, g35) and the logo.
I spent like $300 to shave it all and now he wants it back. But what can I do? It's so difficult to get rid off infinitis nowdays so I have to obey.

If I can't get them here I will need to go to a dealer next week.

why would you spend $300 to debadge your car?

pikush 05-03-2008 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by 07SilverG
why would you spend $300 to debadge your car?

I was thinking the same thing... how much product did you buy to polish it (cuz I assume that's where the money went since there isn't anything else)