G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   Repairing & Detailing (DIY) (https://g35driver.com/forums/repairing-detailing-diy-234/)
-   -   Anybody ever use Dent Doc? (https://g35driver.com/forums/repairing-detailing-diy/293833-anybody-ever-use-dent-doc.html)

NavEngineer 06-19-2009 05:25 PM

Anybody ever use Dent Doc?

Yesterday I bumped into my motorcycle while parking my G in the garage. The foot peg put a pretty ugly gash in my front bumper. The gash is about 4-inches long and about a 1/4-inch deep. I'll take pics for those who care. Anyway, I was going to call 1-800-Dent-Doc to do the repair work, but I thought I'd post here to see if anybody has had any experience with them in the past. Do they do good work? I could only find one online review of their work and the lady said it was "very, very good"...but she only gave them 3 out of 5 stars. In my opinion that's conflicting...very, very good to me is at least 4 stars. Recommendations are welcome also.

Thanks.

kahunaluna1 06-25-2009 07:07 PM

I've used Dent Buster Great!

Nav Engineer
I haven't used Dent Doctor but I used Dent Busters. I live in Pasadena,MD. I had a 4 '' round rock dent just above my driver's headlight. He came out and manipulated the metal from the underside with a mirror with lines on it. After 20 minutes all the lines were straight and no evidence of a dent. I don't know where you are but he charged me 65.00. Money well spent. His name is Bob McConkey. Google dent busters md.

Good Luck
Nate

NavEngineer 06-25-2009 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by kahunaluna1 (Post 4347068)
Nav Engineer
I haven't used Dent Doctor but I used Dent Busters. I live in Pasadena,MD. I had a 4 '' round rock dent just above my driver's headlight. He came out and manipulated the metal from the underside with a mirror with lines on it. After 20 minutes all the lines were straight and no evidence of a dent. I don't know where you are but he charged me 65.00. Money well spent. His name is Bob McConkey. Google dent busters md.

Good Luck
Nate

Thanks for the info. It turns out that Dent Doc is a referral service. The place they referred me to is called Mobile Paint and dent repair in Huntington Beach, CA. I actually got it fixed this morning. I'm extremely happy with the work they did...it looks like nothing ever happened to it. I paid $285.00...it was a little higher because my paint was damaged also. It took them about 2 1/2-hours and I was on the road again looking good.

I went to a few other places and they quoted me between $500 and $700 dollars...and they would have to keep my car for 2 to 3 days!

chadster2049 02-20-2013 09:09 PM

Pictures Please

Would it be possible to post some before and after shots so we can see what is possible with these services.

Thanks

CHad

seansG35 06-06-2013 12:46 AM

Originally Posted by chadster2049 (Post 6699369)
Would it be possible to post some before and after shots so we can see what is possible with these services.

Thanks

CHad

ditto