Reviews Reviews of specific modifications, posted by members

sxexcx's Custom Grounding Wires // Review //

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-22-2009, 10:58 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 458 Likes on 237 Posts
^haha, yeah...I'm in Corona. Eastvale to be exact.

Old 03-04-2009, 04:47 PM
Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts
Sean, you look like you do great installs. Just wish you were in Illinois. I've updated my setup. Just need time to load/post the photos. I admire your work man. Awesome job on everything. Looks so clean

Old 03-28-2009, 03:34 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Here is my review!!!

Ok guys for all of those skeptical or for all you G35 drivers wanting to get a grounding kit for your ride, I would highly recommend the SxExCx grounding kit!!!!!

All i can say is DDDDAAAAMMNNNN!!! BIG DIFFERANCE As I left his house, i noticed all of my LED's significantly brighter but most importantly my ride was sooooooo smooth!!! Kinda like that new car Smooth, and the throtle responce increased dramatically. The shifting lag was GONE!!! you heard me!!! GONE!!!! the shifting in manumatic was such a different feeling, and driving in AT the shifting was flawless. The performance of my car feels alot more preppier than ever.

Im not trying to exagerate, but this grounding kit is much better than stillen and other high brand names. All of my friends that have installed high priced Kits, STILLEN, have had no results and the performance was not changed at all. A BIG WASTE OF $150+

Finally, I want to thank Sean for all of his input and advice and all of his help. Sean is a very highly knowledable person who is dedicated to what he does. His attention to detail perfects his work and the overall kit looks amazing. Sean triple checks his work to make sure you get the best out of the kit and will help you with any type of question you may have. (dude sean good looking out!)

If you are looking for better responce in your acceleration and looking for a preppier ride, SxExCx's Grounding kit is the way to go. You will not go wrong with this mod.

Ohh... and Sean's car is the SSSHHH****TTTT, Both of them

PM SxExCx (Sean) if you are interested on this increadible reasonable price. Tell him Hansel sent you

Old 03-28-2009, 11:24 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Thanks Hansel!

Old 04-01-2009, 01:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
finally got around to snappin some pix......
Name:  bayonetengine.jpg
Views: 231
Size:  97.8 KB

Sean did a great job installing everything, as you can see the grounding wire is very neat. After driving around i noticed smoother shifts (i have a 5AT), and that was pretty much my main reason for getting them because I hated having that lag and now, its gone overall, its a great product and sean is a cool guy.

Old 04-01-2009, 01:20 AM
Received 72 Likes on 54 Posts
Would this kit make any difference on a TT car?

Old 04-10-2009, 08:55 PM
well sean IDK if you will ever be in MD but if u were id throw in another hundred to install mine !!!....it looks amazing and the results appear to be incredible its just ****ty to know that i cant get a quality set

Old 04-12-2009, 10:41 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Done! Requested for grounding kit. Next up Valve body upgrade! =D

Old 04-13-2009, 01:48 AM
06 5AT G35 Coupe
Grounding Kit Color - Red

In anticipation of buying this kit, I drove the previous two weeks in Manumatic mode. The things I noticed was the shifting can be slightly jerky between 2-3 gear and the downshifts from 3-2-1 are not enjoyable. Of course, as any driver who uses manumatic knows, there's a delay between when you shift and when the car actually changes gear.

So I show up to Sean's house not knowing what to expect but I was hoping my review reflects the other reviews from his customers. Sean is a great guy with a ride you can't keep your eyes off. The install was quick, even with all of the chatting involved. He reset my ecu and I was on my way!

Instantly while pulling on the nearest main street, I noticed smoother shifting! A grin grows across my face and then I turn on my radio. I also noticed on the drive home that the audio output was slightly better as far as volume goes. I was able to turn my stereo down from 22 to 17-18. Throttle response has improved and the lag time between shifting had disappeared. So far the reviews I've read were on point and the feeling was mutual.

Then, I noticed something.........

The downshifting had drastically improved. The jerkiness was removed when going from 3-2-1 and made my ride that much enjoyable. This alone makes the kit well worth the money.

Sean has had experience with multiple grounding kits and wasn't happy with them so he designed his own especially made for the VQ. I now enjoy driving manumatic! It makes most of the regret I've had about not having a 6mt go away. I definitely recommend this kit for all manumatic users. It's almost a must. This kit is well worth the money.

Old 04-14-2009, 03:08 PM
ok guys, I'm from Toronto, and i have been put on the list of buyers for this excellent product. (made my payment already). so....my million dollar question here is how can i get this installed here in Toronto? Are there any experts that share the same wisdom as Sean when it comes to installing this the proper way?

I'm talking about the EXACT same thing Sean did for all you happy campers. Resetting the ECU etc.

Old 04-14-2009, 03:09 PM
now, any other group buys for ANYTHING PERFORMANCE RELATED for a 5AT Coupe? Except a Supercharger..... for now.

Old 04-14-2009, 03:45 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Detailed install instructions will be included . If you have use a wrench, you can do it yourself. I do not have an other performance mods to offer YET. Everything else I have is engine dressup.

Old 04-14-2009, 03:51 PM
how about the ECU RESET? I think part of amazing results was due to that + the grounding kit since no one here seems to have installed just the KIT without hte ECU reset.

Old 04-14-2009, 03:52 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Originally Posted by t7n7
how about the ECU RESET? I think part of amazing results was due to that + the grounding kit since no one here seems to have installed just the KIT without hte ECU reset.
There are already several DIY for the reset on the forum

Old 04-15-2009, 03:11 AM
Well, there nothin new for me to say about this Grounding kit becuz everyone cover wat i have to say. All i no this mod is awesome, u notice the difference right away. Anyone that has AT should get this mod, plus Sean a cool guy, he answer anything that u asked.

Oh BTW both of his ride are nice and SEAN my girl fell in love with all the polished stuff man. I be back dere real soon man. HAHAH.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: sxexcx's Custom Grounding Wires // Review //