Received 457 Likes on 237 Posts
bump

Old 12-11-2015, 12:42 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
bump

Old 12-16-2015, 05:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 G35 Coupe AT shipped to 95351? What colors are available?

Old 12-16-2015, 06:06 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
You are in luck...I just started a group buy so you can click the link below to get all the info and sign up for the discounted price.

https://g35driver.com/forums/accesso...er-2015-a.html

Old 05-19-2016, 02:30 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Just bought my 04 G35 A/T about a month ago and realized that the "manumatic" was slow af. Its the kind of slow where you redline the car and you have to shift 500rpms early to prevent it from bouncing off the revlimiter.

Read around the forums and everyone's raving about Sean's grounding kit. I sent him a PM and he replied within the hour.

Found out he was local and made the drive over. Sean's a super friendly guy with tons of experience. He gave me some cool insight about the scene since he's been in it for 10+ years. Install was done within an hour and that was with us talking and revving his car. I told him I wanted it to look OEM so he made me matte black wires. After it was installed with the engine cover on, you could barely tell its on. Super professional and clean install.

Sean resets the ECU and he tells me to watch as he gives my car a couple of revs. As the tach revs from idle, the CEL blinks on indicating the ECU recognizes a change in the system. He does a couple more resets and it was ready to go.

Somethings I noticed:
In manumatic, the lag used to be so that you would shift up and your gear display on the tach wouldnt change until a quick second later. Now it shows instantly.
I can drive going 50mph, drop it from D to manual mode and downshift from 5th to 3rd gear like a manual car. It would immediately downshift to third for me. I couldnt do that before.

Throttle response - the car feels like its DBW now. I would know because I used to daily a manual that was DBW before the G.

highway driving - Previously, I would have my foot at 45% on the gas to pass someone and the computer would guess what Im trying to do. It would at most downshift to 4th gear and after a full second, finally downshift to third for me. After the grounding kit, the computer seems to think less and do more. Coming from manual car, that lag made me feel like I really wasnt in full control of my car. Now it does what I want and it doesnt have to think so long about it.

City driving - I noticed that the gears change faster and the rpms drop sooner, almost like I had a lightweight flywheel installed. Theres also less of a jerk when the car downshifts.

I went into this with full skepticism, but I came out a believer. Thanks Sean.

Old 07-23-2017, 10:16 PM
Seconding jcritical's review from 5/2016 of Sean's grounding kit. Looks like forum activity on it has slowed lately, but I went to his house today for install having read previous posts about the improvements in 5AT shifting. My few but noticeable major issues with the car all centered around the 5AT's low IQ, sluggishness, and the jerky low-speed throttle response.

Sean very clearly worked deliberately and with attention to detail to make sure the wiring was cleanly-routed, and took the time to do three ECU reset cycles afterward. On the drive home, I noticed:

- Downshifting to red lights from 3rd, the downshift hesitation is gone, the engagement of each gear is brisk and smooth, and the rev-matching is now accurate.
- Dropping from D to 3rd at freeway speeds no longer includes a long pause as the gearbox cycles down from 5th to 3rd and rev-matches inaccurately before delivering an abrupt resumption of power. It's now as immediate as you could want within the engine's overall response time, with the above brisk and quite smooth shifting characteristics.
- Acceleration in D is met, whenever necessary, with a rapid downshift to 4th (sometimes 3rd), again briskly and smoothly. The gearbox seems now to react to throttle position rather than time, meaning if you intend to accelerate quickly, you're in a lower gear as soon as you add power without having to wait.
- Getting on the throttle at low speeds, by far the car's Achilles heel, has vastly improved. The standard behavior of pausing then jerking forward is replaced with rather immediate engagement, and whether it's smooth or not depends on your throttle input, rather than on the speed you're going.

None of these issues were major and some people may have hardly noticed, but all together they directly related to what I'm most sensitive to in a car, so resolving all of them at once for not much money has vastly improved my perception of the car and made it a hell of a lot nicer to drive. I'm honestly pretty surprised with how much something as simple as a good grounding kit has improved the driving experience, and highly recommend it.

I think I'm gonna go for a drive now, actually...

Old 12-22-2017, 12:34 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SxExCx
As far as grounding points, mine is the same as GG but Mine has one additional point.
hey might be stupid question but would this help an automatic car

Old 12-22-2017, 05:48 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Seriously? There are 461 posts in this thread, many of which will answer your question. Ironically the 2 posts before yours addressed it, so yes, that was a stupid question. Don't be a stupid member though, this forum has a wealth of information about all things G at your fingertips if you spend a moment searching for answers. Searching is actually a forum rule as we will help when we can but you've got to put in some effort yourself to get the full benefit of the forum. And if you didn't know 5AT means the automatic 5 speed transmission, 6MT means 6 speed manual.

Welcome to the family and we hope you enjoy your stay.

Old 12-22-2017, 07:51 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Blue Dream
Seriously? There are 461 posts in this thread, many of which will answer your question. Ironically the 2 posts before yours addressed it, so yes, that was a stupid question. Don't be a stupid member though, this forum has a wealth of information about all things G at your fingertips if you spend a moment searching for answers. Searching is actually a forum rule as we will help when we can but you've got to put in some effort yourself to get the full benefit of the forum. And if you didn't know 5AT means the automatic 5 speed transmission, 6MT means 6 speed manual.

Welcome to the family and we hope you enjoy your stay.
once I posted I did realize, however I didnt know how to delete the post , thanks 👍

The following users liked this post:
Blue Dream (12-24-2017)
Old 03-06-2020, 10:24 PM
Red 06 G35 Coupe, Sports Package
Is there any way I can still get my hands on this kit? I just bought an 06 coupe in early January and the lag in manumatic mode was my first big complaint about my dream car. But I've finally done enough research to know my first two mods of choice to counter the lag: the Transgo shift kit and a grounding kit, of which Sxexcx's are most highly rated.

Old 03-07-2020, 10:39 AM
Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts
Stillen makes a kit. I don't think OP makes these anymore.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: sxexcx's Custom Grounding Wires // Review //