G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   Reviews (https://g35driver.com/forums/reviews-18/)
-   -   Rank your mods, what rocks & what sucks (https://g35driver.com/forums/reviews/71496-rank-your-mods-what-rocks-what-sucks.html)

MEECHIN 10-21-2005 05:46 PM

YEAYUH!!!!:
K&N Drop In Filter
HKS Ti Hi Power Exhaust
HOTCHKIS Sway Bars
HKS LS+ Coilovers
ME 1/2" IsoThermal Spacer Kit
DC SPORTS SS Headers
Unorthodox Flywheel/JWT Clutch
Unorthodox Crank Pulley
THX SS Shiftknob

WTF?:
Rogue Engineering Short Shifter
JWT PopCharger

So-So/Whatevers:
Grounding Wires

DRG35R 10-21-2005 06:15 PM

ENGINE:

JWT Cams - great
UR Pulleys - great
Injen CAI - sounds and looks great
Crawford V5 Plenum - good
DC Sports Headers - good
Crawford Cats - great
Borla Exhaust - great
Stillen Ground - looks good

SUSPENSION:

Volk 18x8.5 CE28N - great
Michelin Pilot Sport - great
Eibach Sways - great
Tokico D-Specs - great
Eibach Prokit - looks good, switch to TEIN 350Z H-Techs - not installed yet

BRAKES:

Goodrich SS Lines - great
Brake Pros Metal Matrix Pads - good
Motul Fluid - good

COSMETIC:

NISMO Body Kit - great
Clear Corners - looks good
Aluminum Pedals - looks good
Debadge Car - looks clean
20% Madico Onyx - great

vegasG35sedan 11-01-2005 01:53 AM

Originally Posted by DaveO
I'm quite happy with all my current mods.

• Stillen CAI with JWT Air Filter - Insulated
• 350Z Air Duct - Insulated
• Internally Polished Upper & Lower Plenums
• Motordyne ˝” IT Spacer System
• 350Z Engine & JDM Covers
• GordGee's 10-wire Ground Gear System
• TechnoSquare ECM Upgrade
• Stillen Cat-back Exhaust System
• Stillen AT Valve Body Upgrade
• Edge Racing - Street Edge Torque Converter
• B&M ATF Cooler
• 350Z (170F) Thermostat
• Dual Electric Fan Conversion
• RacingBrake Big Brake Kit
• Goodridge Stainless Brake Lines
• Stillen Anti-Sway Bars

how satisfied are you with the Stillen valve body upgrade? I may invest in that next if it works well.. I have always been a firm believer of tire scratching 1-2 shifts..

Andy2434 11-01-2005 02:37 AM

Motordyne's MREV mod (awesome!)
Z Tube
K&N Filter
Gord's GroundingGear
NAV
Clear Corners
Clear Bra

HKS Hi-Power Exhaust (ordered)

obender66 11-22-2005 10:28 PM

Good:
Stillen intake (sounds cool)
Progress adjustable rear sway bar (a must have!)
Toyo T1R 225/45/17-perfect match for car's character
MB Quart front component speaker upgrade

Worthless:
Kinetix V5 plenum-noisy(like dying cow),loss of low end, came out in 2 months

Neutral:
Tint
Clear corners

OCG35 11-23-2005 12:07 AM

I've been happy with the mods I have on '04 AT sedan

Stillen CAI = good
Stillen exhaust = great
Z-tube = good
Stillen ground wires = ??? (might have more of an opinion when I try Gords)
M.E. 1/2" spacer = Excellent!
TS ECU F-flash = ??? had it done at the same time as other stuff so not sure how beneficial it really is
Stillen Sways bars = good but over-rated IMO
Thermal insulation spray for Z-tube (and eventuall Stillen box and power duct) = not sure yet, hoping to measure temps soon. Will disclose info when I test it more.
M.E Iso-Thermal kit = good... it's hard to tell how much it effects performance but I've done temp reading and it definitely works!
350Z 170F thermostat = ?
CF ˝ engine cover from Performance Nissan = looks great, good price. I’m painting it and having graphics airbrushed – it will look better!
JDM driver side battery cover = good (that hole needs to be covered!)
Billet powder coated upper and lower grill = good… anything is better than the ugly stock, but I wanted mesh (hard to find for sedan).
Blubatmobile smoked overlays on all lenses = great. It’s a good alternative to spraying (in case you don’t want permanent).
Black chrome emblems = great
Hyper-black chrome Powder coated stock wheels = good… until tires wear and time for new shoes.
Smoke anodized color painted window molding/trim and door handles = good… didn’t turn out exactly the way I wanted but the look is there (didn’t want any chrome/polished aluminum on the car at all).

I think that’s about it – I haven’t regretted anything I’ve done so far – wouldn’t recommend all of it though, mostly because some things are just a pain in the @ss and probably not worth it for some people. All the performance mods I would recommend.

JEAThirty5 04-18-2006 12:19 PM

K&N filter did not see an improvement

night and day on the expedition though

addition of subwoofer perfectly matched by stock fronts

addisontc 04-18-2006 12:36 PM

This thread was a great idea. It seems everyone with out the rev engine really see great improvements with the M.E. 1/2" spacer. I think a spacer will be my next mod.

mborel7052 04-18-2006 01:26 PM

The mod monkey's on my back.

K&N drop In - Good air flow, moderate sound change.
Z tube - Even better airflow a little deeper exhaust node.
Stillen Sway bars - Great mod high speed cornering fantastic.
Mrev Thermal ISO Plus Plenum - Super fantastic awesome. Incredible mid range pull #1 best mod so far.
HKS High Power Titanium Exhaust - Little more power, outstanding sound and looks great. 2nd best mod.
Clear Corners - Better then OEM.
4 Bar Overlays - Stealthy makes clear corners on Black "G" look great.
Window Up Mod - Handy.
Sunroof Close Mod - Even more handy.
4080 single sub enclosure - Looks great Works great Is great.

Each of my mods has live up to the manufacturers, or other own claims, however I would cautions new owners that the modding is an expensive habit and not one easily broken. .. Just ask Andy2434:eek: :D

papagz 04-18-2006 01:34 PM

a lot of people acutally seemed disappointed with the spacer? whats up with that

addisontc 04-18-2006 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by papagz
a lot of people acutally seemed disappointed with the spacer? whats up with that

well the people that have the 05 and up G with the rev engine seem to be the only ones disappointed because their engine already has a better air flow than the non rev engines. the spacer mod is useless to them because their engines plenum has already been spaced by the factory. Obviously the only ones that will see any power gains are the non rev engines. Im not sure if im correct, but that sounds like a good explanation.

aleok 04-18-2006 06:50 PM

05 AT:
happy with everything:

Clear Corners, PIAA hyper white (in clearance strip too)
Custom Fogs in Lower grill
1/2" MD spacer, ISO Theraml-wow
crawford HFC- sounds good
20% tint
custom intake tube
K&N drop in filter
JL w3v2 10" sub (custom ported box)
Kenwood KX 600.1 amp.
Blue neons under car seats and dash. LOL (i was younger)

Soon to come- tanabe df210 springs with d-specs, and camber kit

Andy2434 04-18-2006 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by addisontc
well the people that have the 05 and up G with the rev engine seem to be the only ones disappointed because their engine already has a better air flow than the non rev engines. the spacer mod is useless to them because their engines plenum has already been spaced by the factory. Obviously the only ones that will see any power gains are the non rev engines. Im not sure if im correct, but that sounds like a good explanation.

You are correct in the sense that the Motordyne spacer does little for the RevUp G's. However, Motordyne's MREV has done wonders for the said engine . . . Thanks to Tony at Motordyne. ;) :D

MBentley 04-19-2006 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by addisontc

I've got an 05 AT and love the spacer. It added the some much needed mid range torque. Here's my small mod list in order of install.

JWT pop charger - Improved sound w/ a nice whistle every now and then

20% tint - wish I went to 10%

2 Elemental Designs 6.5" woofers - I built a fiberglass tub to fit in my spare. Sounds great. Stock components suck. Those are my next mod.

1/2" Spacer - Love it. Made the engine sound good plus the aforementioned torque boost

Future mods:
Replace factory tweets and mids
Clear corners w/ CCFL tubes
CCFL license plate lighting

Up in the air mods:
Exhaust - waiting on exhaust from Fast Intentions
Headers
Suspension work - my area has no good twistie roads.

99atlantic 04-21-2006 03:10 AM

KJR pulley - don't think I gained anything noticeable, but didn't hurt (other than my wallet, heh)

Topspeed headers- LOVE THEM. Definate power gains across entire band (upper/mid/lower), **** load of more torque now, and they're loud as hell. plus above 4k rpm they make a really awesome TSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS noise at WOT ^_^

Kinetix high flow cats - LOVE THEM as well. Definately made the exhaust note more aggressive

MD iso thermal 1/2'' plenum spacer - HUGE increase in mid/upper range power. Definate must-do for 03 a/t

Z-tube - Meh at best

Z-tube + removal of 'power duct' on intake box - AWESOME; made the engine a hella lot more deeper/louder, almost sounded like i'd added an exhaust (for some reason it seems this only works for 03/04s....anything above that doesn't seem to change the note at all......)

grounding wires - meh, i'm on the fence. It shifts a bit faster, but nowhere near SMG like. but if you get a good deal on them, no harm in buying them. relatively simple to install