G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   Reviews (https://g35driver.com/forums/reviews-18/)
-   -   Motordyne vs Skunk2 plenum spacers (https://g35driver.com/forums/reviews/92184-motordyne-vs-skunk2-plenum-spacers.html)

spirogyro 03-27-2006 05:17 PM

Motordyne vs Skunk2 plenum spacers

What's the difference? Pro's or Con's with each? Noticable gains with the Skunk2. I'm particularly interested in non-rev-up engine spacers. The reason I ask this is because there is a small difference in price.

99atlantic 03-27-2006 06:42 PM

skunk2 = horrible fitment, quality and everything

MD = god

if you don't buy from MD your penis will fall off.

Sumlime311 03-27-2006 06:48 PM

^^ haha thats perfectly said

M4Gunner 03-27-2006 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by 99atlantic
if you don't buy from MD your penis will fall off.

This is true. there a few guys here who bought skunk.. now we have a few more chicks!
in all seriousness, i havnt seen any dyno info on the skunk. however, MD has all the goodies right on thier page. my MREV comes wednesday.. PSYCHED!!!

callawayc7 03-27-2006 07:28 PM

Can anybody tell me what's the benefits of the Motordyne isothermal spacer over the basic spacer? They both claim the same HP increase (11-13hp). Thanks.

drunkin master 03-27-2006 07:31 PM

I have heard a few bad reviews about the skunk2 spacer.
I have only heard gread reviews on the motordyne spacer.

I have it and I def. feel the difference on the freeway.
Do a search and you should find some great info on these.

99atlantic 03-27-2006 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by callawayc7
Can anybody tell me what's the benefits of the Motordyne isothermal spacer over the basic spacer? They both claim the same HP increase (11-13hp). Thanks.

iso thermal keeps it cooler and is cool ^_^

callawayc7 03-27-2006 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by 99atlantic
iso thermal keeps it cooler and is cool ^_^

I understand that it keeps it cooler but if it doesn't give more HP then is it worth it, given that it cost more? Does it give any other benefits? Thanks for the reply.

M4Gunner 03-27-2006 08:56 PM

Read thier entire site, it spells it all out for you, to answer your question.

SlvrG03 03-27-2006 08:57 PM

the site reads as no affect on hp, ask them....
If you have any questions we can be reached at: Info@MotordyneEngineering.com

Hydrazine 03-28-2006 12:35 AM

Hi Guys,

Iso Thermal doesn't add power per say, it prevents power loss from heat soak. Heat soak is what you get after a long drive, if you are stuck in traffic or at the track.

Check out the Copper link below to see a lot of Q and A on the subject.

Tony

99atlantic 03-28-2006 02:06 AM

Originally Posted by Hydrazine
Hi Guys,

Iso Thermal doesn't add power per say, it prevents power loss from heat soak. Heat soak is what you get after a long drive, if you are stuck in traffic or at the track.

Check out the Copper link below to see a lot of Q and A on the subject.

Tony

what happens if you have the iso thermal (non-copper) and leave the valve closed all the time? esp. if it drops to -40degrees outside (but you arn't driving it then). Anythign bad?

wnt1bd 03-28-2006 10:24 AM

You will have a really rough idle, but that won't happen till it's more like 30 degrees for more then 2 hours.

GeeCoupe 03-28-2006 01:43 PM

I am in the same dilema

I am ready to order but deciding whether to get the iso thermal or not, I live in NYC, do I need it? Is the valve easy to adjust or annoying? Do I need to open and close it often or just every season? I would imagine the install with the iso thermal is more difficult?

99atlantic 03-28-2006 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by GeeCoupe
I am ready to order but deciding whether to get the iso thermal or not, I live in NYC, do I need it? Is the valve easy to adjust or annoying? Do I need to open and close it often or just every season? I would imagine the install with the iso thermal is more difficult?

you just need to turn it w/ a long-shaft screwdriver. not too much of an inconvenience. i would get it just because before, touching the plenum after a hard run was unbearable because of the heat; now I can touch it w/o burning myself