Reviews Reviews of specific modifications, posted by members

Installed Fujitsubo Legalis R & Megan Racing Test Pipes..details inside...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-05-2005, 07:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Installed Fujitsubo Legalis R & Megan Racing Test Pipes..details inside...

Now the exhaust & resonated test pipes are installled on the coupe...all I have to say is WOW and holy ****....I've read many reviews that the Fuji exhaust is quiet, but compared to stock it is NOT..it is definitely louder...when idling the exhaust can not be heard, but as soon as you start to give a little gas, you here it very clearly and loud, but no too loud...again I had my test pipes installed and I bet they have alot to do with the sound, but I didn't think it would be this loud...when the car is at WOT, there is definitely a rasp from 2.5k-4k, sounds exactly like the E46 M3...as I've been driving it now, it is getting quieter and the exhaust note is getting alot smoother..The rasp is found only from driving, not just revving the engine...I definitely don't mind the rasp, it is tolerable..there is a bit of exhaust smell becuase of the test pipes, but it is not as bad as some of the reviews that I have read, you can barely smell it...I'll definitely post of pics and video clips of the setup this week....overall, it was exactly what I was looking for..

Last edited by G35Wizard; 06-06-2005 at 01:09 PM.
Old 06-05-2005, 07:57 PM
Premier Dough Slapper
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Give it some time to break in a bit. The tone will deepen out a bit more. The Fuji system is so under rated here on these forums because people are often misled by its quite idle, but as you can see, at WOT it roars like an exotic V8. Simply amazing! Another factor, is that its one of the few systems out there that does NOT hamper low to mid end performance (an issue that plagued the Borla system from the get go), while at the same time providing excellent top end gains. Congrats on your purchase!

Old 06-05-2005, 08:22 PM
Vic
Yeah... Fuji exhaust sounds awesome. I just installed mine last week. I have the crawford cats, Gruppe-s Y pipe and Fujitsubo exhaust. Yes, It's very quiet when idle, but once you hit it, the sound just gives you a wider and wider smile. I'd say it's worth the money and worth the wait.
I can also feel an increase in power. The shop that installed my fuji exhaust had installed one on a 350z. They put it on a dyno and it showed an increase of 8.4 whp. The 350z was bone stock, except for the fuji exhaust.

Old 06-05-2005, 08:36 PM
Originally Posted by ducatiguy
Give it some time to break in a bit. The tone will deepen out a bit more. The Fuji system is so under rated here on these forums because people are often misled by its quite idle, but as you can see, at WOT it roars like an exotic V8. Simply amazing! Another factor, is that its one of the few systems out there that does NOT hamper low to mid end performance (an issue that plagued the Borla system from the get go), while at the same time providing excellent top end gains. Congrats on your purchase!
I agree with you on the exhaust system..I did alot of research and found that this exhaust keeps the performance up and gives you more of top end, without losingthe low end, and the exhaust note is definitely one of the nicest out there..thanks!!

Old 06-05-2005, 10:11 PM
Florida G35 Club
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Does anyone have the Fuji exhaust on a sedan? Is it offered for a sedan? Thanks.

Old 06-05-2005, 10:42 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i'm going crazy w/ anxiety, got my fuji last week but havent had time to install it, tues is D-day, CANT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-05-2005, 11:41 PM
Vic
Yes, there is a fuji exhaust for sedan

Old 06-06-2005, 01:58 AM
i want a fuji

Old 06-06-2005, 05:43 PM
G SQUAD
amg35, go to mynismo.com they have it there long with a sound clip 4 our sedans

Old 06-06-2005, 05:49 PM
Hey DucatiGuy, I remember when you posted vid clips of your G with the exhaust and the next day I ordered mine...but there is a huge difference in my tone, of the exhaust, versus yours. Not sure if you have an aftermarket YPipe and Cats, but for me, it has completely changed the tone of the exhaust...

Does anybody have a site I can host my video on?

Old 06-06-2005, 06:21 PM
Florida G35 Club
Originally Posted by njsfastestg
amg35, go to mynismo.com they have it there long with a sound clip 4 our sedans

Thanks.

Old 11-04-2005, 01:36 AM
Deep Sea Moderator
I just installed my Fuji today and it is REAL quiet. I think it's more quiet than stock. When I get on it I hear the motor way more than the exhaust. I'm going to give it some time to see if it gets better but I miss the stock exhaust right now.

It's a very nice system though.

Old 12-01-2005, 12:21 AM
Wow i need to check out that exhaust system for myself.

Old 01-04-2006, 02:09 AM
Originally Posted by Meatshackle
I just installed my Fuji today and it is REAL quiet. I think it's more quiet than stock. When I get on it I hear the motor way more than the exhaust. I'm going to give it some time to see if it gets better but I miss the stock exhaust right now.

would u be interested in selling yours to me, hehe

Old 01-04-2006, 01:22 PM
Originally Posted by Meatshackle

wanna trade? since you're in hawaii and all. hehe. ...still lookin' for a good price on fuji...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Installed Fujitsubo Legalis R & Megan Racing Test Pipes..details inside...