New Members Check In If you're new to G35Driver, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your G35!!

Freshman to the G Fam

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-22-2016, 08:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Freshman to the G Fam

Hi all, just bought my self a V35. I'm from Aus (WA).

Finally a car that I can enjoy (hopefully it stays that way =D)!

She's an 03 coupe, with fresh pearl white paint.

My plans of mods:

Z tube
Catback exhaust (or straight Y pipe)
Headers
Shoes (definitely)

One thing that I'm after that I can't seem to find is the LED high mount light... anyone have any idea where I can get?

Photos coming soon! (she's a bit too stock atm)

Old 03-23-2016, 02:27 AM
Received 576 Likes on 502 Posts
Welcome to the G community. looks like you want some power with your car. Should invest in a plenum spacer. That is more bang for the buck

Old 03-23-2016, 09:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
haha yeah man!

Just as a daily though, any recommendations for where I should get the plenum spacer from (or brands)?

Is it a self easy install part?

Old 03-23-2016, 09:52 PM
Received 353 Likes on 304 Posts
Coupe, Premium package, sport suspension
Motordyne is pretty highly regarded. Watch the marketplace; they frequently turn up used there and it's basically a slab of aluminum so its not like it gets "worn out." Very easy to install, and the motordyne website has instructions you can download.

Old 03-24-2016, 05:03 PM
Received 28 Likes on 28 Posts
the motordyne plenum spacer is best thing money can buy for our cars concerning bolt on performance. and then a tune to pull all your mods together. please don't forget the tune...

Old 03-24-2016, 09:38 PM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Welcome to the G35 Driver Forums G3FIVE!

Originally Posted by -G3FIVE
My plans of mods:
Z tube
Headers
Shoes (definitely)
One thing that I'm after that I can't seem to find is the LED high mount light... anyone have any idea where I can get?
This is what I started with Stillens CAI/Z-Tube combination, great sound plus no issues with heat causing loss of H.P. or you could get a Z-Tube and K&N drop in filter for similar results! Cat-back exhaust, that's from the converters back so you don't have the wimpy Y-Pipe causing restriction...you have many options! Speaking of restriction...replace your OE converters with high flow units from Fast Intentions, that's an automatic 7 H.P. gain! Header are a bad investment since they don't offer but a few gains! Shoes aka wheels, one of the best looking wheels for a first gen G35 are the 19" '06 coupe wheels! Check our Marketplace for a clean set, most come with tires at a very reasonable price and they look
Gary

Old 03-30-2016, 03:04 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by -G3FIVE

My plans of mods:

Z tube
Headers
Shoes (definitely)

First off, nice choice in color! That's what I have too, I love it. As far as upgrades, all look like good ideas. What I would do first, and what I've done is:

1. First and foremost, just for peace of mind-- I would find a reputable shop and get a full point inspection done! A good running car in tip top shape is more important than upgrading immediately when there could be problems around the corner.

2. Clear Corners (preferably non-bump). They really set off the whole white color. That ugly orange just doesn't look right. Trust me, this makes a huge diff!

3. RJM Adjustable Clutch Pedal. Haven't installed it, but if you read up on it, you'll see what I mean. http://www.rjmperformance.com/index.html

4. LED Bulbs on the side markers, door lights, license plate light. I didn't do super bright white, but a nice white LED. Looks nice at night.

5. As Gary (You da man Gary!) mentioned, a good Stillen CAI combo + Z Tube combo is a great upgrade and the next thing on my list.

Oh and here's my car without the clear corners the day I got it, probably looks very similar to yours! I'll do a wash and post a pic of it with clear corners to see if you'd like em'?

Welcome to the forums bro!!

Last edited by mjfenix; 03-30-2016 at 03:13 PM.