G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

License Plate Relocation

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-21-2019, 10:58 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Coupe
License Plate Relocation

Can someone point me to a good license plate relocation kit for a 2003 g35 coupe. I live in Canada so I have to have the front plate. Just don't like it in the middle. I was going to put tie straps and hook it to the lower part, but I might get a ticket for that so rather not have a headache. Thanks!

Old 06-22-2019, 12:08 AM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,456 Likes on 2,150 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Relocate it where?

Old 06-22-2019, 01:27 AM
Coupe
Originally Posted by cleric670@gmail
Relocate it where?
Front bumper passenger side

Old 06-23-2019, 10:32 PM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
'06 AX6 G35 Coupe 6sp RevUp 19" Rays RAS, Solar Yellow '01 MR2 Spyder w 2ZZ/C60
Are you sure you want it offset? Try double-sided taping it on, just to get a true visual.

Old 06-24-2019, 08:51 AM
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
'06 Pearl White Coupe Manual
as a fellow Canadian I hate that we have to have front plates, BUT I hate offset plates even more.... so im very conflicted by this thread...

If it were me, id rock the plate in the middle vs offset.

If you are adamant, I think you are limited to zip ties

Old 06-24-2019, 11:57 AM
Coupe
Originally Posted by Chilli
as a fellow Canadian I hate that we have to have front plates, BUT I hate offset plates even more.... so im very conflicted by this thread...

If it were me, id rock the plate in the middle vs offset.

If you are adamant, I think you are limited to zip ties
Yeah it sucks having front plates. I think I will go for the zip ties incase the law changes in Ontario which it might in the future. Then I wont have holes to fill later. Thanks.

Old 06-24-2019, 12:52 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,456 Likes on 2,150 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
If you want a "temporary" attachment point for a license plate look up "sticky backs". They are adhesive attachment points for cable ties, they can be removed later with a process very similar to debadging a vehicle, just be sure to clean the area thoroughly with isopropyl alcohol so they have good adhesion.

Old 06-25-2019, 02:42 PM
Coupe
Originally Posted by cleric670@gmail
If you want a "temporary" attachment point for a license plate look up "sticky backs". They are adhesive attachment points for cable ties, they can be removed later with a process very similar to debadging a vehicle, just be sure to clean the area thoroughly with isopropyl alcohol so they have good adhesion.
Thanks... after much deliberation I think I'm going to leave it in the middle where it is.

Old 06-27-2019, 03:30 AM
Received 369 Likes on 337 Posts
Im supposed to have front plates since Im in California. But I drive around without it. 99% of cops either dont notice or dont care. If I ever get a ticket, I just install my plate, get it inspected, then take it right off again lol. So far its only happened once in about a year....I think its worth it. Im not putting a plate on my Kuruma bumper damn it!

Old 06-27-2019, 12:33 PM
Super Moderator

Received 1,016 Likes on 935 Posts
Ohio finally got Smart about this. And starting July 1 we don't have To run them anymore.

Old 06-27-2019, 12:52 PM
Received 334 Likes on 286 Posts
Coupe, Premium package, sport suspension
Originally Posted by Urbanengineer
Ohio finally got Smart about this. And starting July 1 we don't have To run them anymore.
Lucky you! Just want to let you know that North Carolina was First in Front (not needing a plate) too.

Old 06-27-2019, 01:06 PM
Super Moderator

Received 1,016 Likes on 935 Posts
Originally Posted by G2B35AGN
Lucky you! Just want to let you know that North Carolina was First in Front (not needing a plate) too.
I would love that license plate frame lol.

"First in front" is a fun play on words with "first in flight" on your plates too lol.

Old 06-27-2019, 01:11 PM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Originally Posted by Rocky Singh
Thanks... after much deliberation I think I'm going to leave it in the middle where it is.
Good Rocky, leave it where it's intended to be or NOT at all!
Originally Posted by Urbanengineer
Ca. has always made us run front plates, for the past 30 years I've chosen not to do so on any of our rides! Haven't been cited for no front plate since '91 on my Trans Am! That's like window tint, you do what you can get away with since it's not hurting or disturbing anyone! Unlike Harley pilots and Honda owners and their "Fart Cannons!"
Gary

Old 06-27-2019, 06:27 PM
Coupe
Originally Posted by gary c
Good Rocky, leave it where it's intended to be or NOT at all!

Ca. has always made us run front plates, for the past 30 years I've chosen not to do so on any of our rides! Haven't been cited for no front plate since '91 on my Trans Am! That's like window tint, you do what you can get away with since it's not hurting or disturbing anyone! Unlike Harley pilots and Honda owners and their "Fart Cannons!"
Gary
They will nail you in Ontario, Canada for not having front plates. They will even nail you for having them attached with zip ties. Lol.

Old 06-29-2019, 04:04 AM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
I had to relocate my front plate on my 03 when I bought a used oem sport front bumper.I got it dirt cheap bc it was damaged in a few spots, including around where the square tow hook opening is right in the middle of the bumper. It was alot easier to just shave the opening off than trying to reshape the square hole when I was repairing it so I ordered a universal mounting bracket on amazon and mounted on the side of bumper

I had to drill holes in the bumper to mount it but I was repainting the bumper anyways. Its grown on me a little but I dont think Id want to relocate the plate on good front bumper

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: License Plate Relocation