G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Had my battery replaced, and I need help configuring some of my old settings

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-12-2019, 11:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G35X
Had my battery replaced, and I need help configuring some of my old settings

So I had my battery replaced and obviously it reset everything back to factory. I need help getting some of my old settings back on the following items.

1. Getting the car to "beep" when locking/unlocking the car using the smart key access buttons.
2. Getting the windows to one touch automatically roll up. It seems as though the new battery disabled the one touch roll up feature.
3. The climate control doesn't remember what I last set it to when I restart the car. For example, I'll have the climate control set at 60 degrees, and then when I restart the car, the climate control is turned off. Go to turn it on, and it's set at 75 degrees.

Anyway that's about it. Anybody know how to get these items working again?

Old 07-13-2019, 12:07 AM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,456 Likes on 2,150 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
I suspect whoever replaced your battery screwed something up, possibly shorted the battery out and fried some things. The climate control should automatically remember it's last set temp there is no actual programming for it outside of what's stored in the AC auto amp.

Window auto up/down calibration is stored in the BCM, if this was lost I STRONGLY suspect they shorted the battery during installation, look for black carbon scoring on the battery terminals, if something looks like it arced out then contact your insurance and possibly sue the installer for damages. You can recalibrate the motor and it might work, google "g35 window recalibration" to see where the button is on the motor.

Lock beep is toggled by holding the lock+unlock button on the fob for 3 seconds, that setting is also stored in the BCM which should have retained it's memory if the battery was disconnected.

If there was no arcing then perhaps you're experiencing a BCM battery backup failure.

Old 07-13-2019, 12:41 PM
Received 49 Likes on 46 Posts
I replaced my battery about two months ago.

1) You want the horn to HONK when you lock it with the keyfob ? That's actually the default setting so if the car was "reset", it should go back to that. To make the car silent when locking is not the standard setting.
2) In my experience, any time I disconnect the battery (in any car), this gets reset or disabled. Just do one window at a time to get it working again. Roll the window down and HOLD the button down for ~3 seconds when it's all the way down. Roll the window up and HOLD the button for ~3 seconds. Done. Repeat for the other windows.
3) No idea there. Mine remembers the temperature setting.

The following users liked this post:
Paul Donlon (08-14-2019)
Old 07-14-2019, 08:28 AM
Received 47 Likes on 46 Posts
Your mom's boyfriend
Like others have already said:

To get the car to beep : Hold the Lock and Unlock on your fob
To get your windows to roll : Hold the down , then Hold the up

Old 07-14-2019, 05:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G35X
For some reason I can't get the car to "beep" like it used to when using the smart key buttons on the door handles. I tried holding down the lock and unlock buttons, the lights flash 3 times but nothing happens. No idea what's happening to the climate control either. I checked the battery and don't see anything unusual on the terminals. I managed to fix the power window issue, though.

Old 07-14-2019, 06:46 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,456 Likes on 2,150 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Did you look for any carbon scoring in the battery compartment?

Old 07-15-2019, 12:59 PM
Received 49 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by captain35driver
For some reason I can't get the car to "beep" like it used to when using the smart key buttons on the door handles. I tried holding down the lock and unlock buttons, the lights flash 3 times but nothing happens.
I think myself and the others thought you meant the HORN honk when using the key fob. You mean the "smart lock/unlock" function with the small, black button on the door handle that locks or unlocks the car if you have the key fob close enough. You can control some of that function through the audio system/settings menus. Hit "Settings" and I think it's under "Comfort and convenience" (??). Without looking, I think this only controls if it unlocks ALL doors or just the driver's door though.