South Serving AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX

Stuck up G owners in houston

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-23-2005, 01:07 PM
SouthernComfort Moderator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I see it ALL the time. I generally flash my headlights at an oncoming G35, coupe or sedan. No G35 has ever recognized me. They are usually coupes, so I figured that is why. You know, to coupe owners, sedans are not even worthy of having the G35 badge. I come from the old days when all us cool people would drive VW Beatles. The Beatle community ALWAYS recognized each other with a wave or a headlight flash. Those days are long gone!

Old 02-23-2005, 01:10 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by schiffdog
I dont know if any one else has experienced this in houston? But everytime I see a G owner I like to give them a wave to say whats up. But I dont know I guess there too good for the rest of us and dont like to wave back. Oh well just wanted to rant a little. If any of you have experienced this let me know?
hey man i feel ya. i alwys give a nod, or a thumbs up to a fellow g driver, most of the time i just get a dirty look back. i think its cause they time im just some punk teenager. which i am not. i get a thumbs up back sometimes when they are younger but if they are over 50 i found that its a lost cause.

Old 02-23-2005, 02:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I always give a "peace out" wave to other G owners - including the sedans

Old 02-23-2005, 02:47 PM
Originally Posted by MrBillMartin
hey man i feel ya. i alwys give a nod, or a thumbs up to a fellow g driver, most of the time i just get a dirty look back. i think its cause they time im just some punk teenager. which i am not. i get a thumbs up back sometimes when they are younger but if they are over 50 i found that its a lost cause.
MrBillMartin,
It looks like you are in Long Island. What are you doing lurking around the South Forum? Not a problem, but doesn't seem quite right.

Old 02-23-2005, 03:58 PM
It's a houston thing! Look at our pathetic thread count! Beside the hand full of us that visit's the South forum, who else is going to acknowledge us.

Old 02-23-2005, 04:23 PM
Originally Posted by marvinclt
It's a houston thing! Look at our pathetic thread count! Beside the hand full of us that visit's the South forum, who else is going to acknowledge us.
Good point! Maybe we should invite other forum members to post over here as well. Why are we so pathetic? Is it me? Now I'm self concious
Not really!

Old 02-23-2005, 07:42 PM
at least there are Gs in Houston. I seem to be the only G owner that posts here from San Antonio. but hey, someone's gotta represent, right?

Old 02-23-2005, 08:04 PM
Always give the thumbs up or peace to all G's (including the truckers with 10 of them on a trailer!)

Oh, and we're lurking in the South cuz the front page of the Forums shows the most recent posts.. Kind of encourages some cross pollination.

Cheers, Ted

Old 02-23-2005, 08:59 PM
Up here in the DFDUB, I flash my lights or do a motorcycle wave (if I have my windows down) to all Zs and Gs and they normally respond back. At first, they were doin it to me and now I'm doin it.

Old 02-23-2005, 09:54 PM
It's not the critic......
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I hear your guys! Yesterday I pulled up next to a g35 coupe on 59 south in sugarland and she never looked at me my once! SNOB! I don't see many coupes, but a few sedans, but most are older and don't give me a look. If you see me running around town (and can keep up ) give me a wave and I'll be sure to wave back!

Old 02-24-2005, 09:21 AM
I tend to see at least 1 or 2 coupes on my way to work everyday (down westheimer)

Old 02-24-2005, 12:48 PM
"G" Spot
Thumbs up

You have to realize that the G is a car that is bought by all age ranges.

So you will get the older crowd that thinks you are some punk flashing gang signs or something at them.
Middle age to the older yet younger crowd will be 50/50 on recongizing another G and even responding back. I guess it's the personality of the person, or even if they are male or female.
The younger crowd will usually return nods or give them when passing by.

I come from the mustang world, like Cato's bug world, that we all praised and gave a thumbs up to each other's cars. This is one thing I do miss, but then again, the mustang is a older heritage car, so it has a long history of fans. And the main reason i'm looking for another one.

I guess the G will need the fan fair that others cars get to have people acknowledge each other. Untill then..you'll see me giving a thumbs up as i pass you on the freeway....

Old 02-24-2005, 12:56 PM
trust me - its not a Houston thing...G drivers here in the philly burbs (snobby area) dont wave at me either...i usually flick my light and then wave...

i never get any response...

oh well...i still do it

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Stuck up G owners in houston